Mach Disagree

isaac bogarat

Hmmm.. I think the issue is slightly different from what I thought :)

I am on another flight now, level at FL360 and trying to do the Mach-to-knots-to-Mach to reset the bug speed but this time, when I click on Mach-to-speed, the bug itself jumps down a bit (from 260kias to 240kias for example). The bug should not change location when I switch from Mach to knots, am I right? Clicking again from knots-to-Mach, the bug jumps up again...

So I'm not sure what's going on and if that's an unrelated bug?...

I don't have a good tool to capture a quick video but I took two images without twisting the speed knob, just switching between Mach to knots, you can see the difference in location

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

vor 10 Stunden , Gilbnx sagte:

The bug should not change location when I switch from Mach to knots, am I right? Clicking again from knots-to-Mach, the bug jumps up again...

This actually sounds plausible to me. In the first picture, the bug shows .77 while it is actually at .783. When switching to knots, the bug jumps down to the actual position of .77. When switching back to Mach, the bug may jump to the current speed or to the old position but probably shows the correct value now.

14 hours ago, Gilbnx said:

Hmmm.. I think the issue is slightly different from what I thought :)

I am on another flight now, level at FL360 and trying to do the Mach-to-knots-to-Mach to reset the bug speed but this time, when I click on Mach-to-speed, the bug itself jumps down a bit (from 260kias to 240kias for example). The bug should not change location when I switch from Mach to knots, am I right? Clicking again from knots-to-Mach, the bug jumps up again...

So I'm not sure what's going on and if that's an unrelated bug?...

The actual IAS and Mach number disagree. If you convert them using the pressure altitude and OAT, you’ll find there’s an inconsistency between them.

@JRBarretthad said earlier that this has been fixed in the latest dev build, and the next update should include this fix.

Archived