CRJ 550/700 v1.0.6.0 first impressions (LFKB - LIML)

Moridin

We just flew from LFKB (Orbx) to LIML (JetStream) with @piotrmkg in two CRJ 700ERs. Both in the AirFrance HOP livery.

Please login to display this image.

First impressions and general observations:

• Speed tape works fine. HUD works (never had a problem with it not working)

• The new HUD is amazing. It changes colour depending on the light. Much more readable too.

• I tested a hold on the route. It worked but the default setting meant that the CRJ overshot the turns by a fair margin. I assume that increasing the radius would solve this. If someone knows of "perfect" settings for a hold at 220-230 KT, I'd be grateful for some info.

• Captured the LOC at LIML around 12-13 nm out. GS was acquired at around 9 nm, as it should.

• PAPI's were spot on!

• Successful ILS landing of both aircraft at LIML and a beauty shot. 🙂

Potential issues:

• After shutting the CRJ 700 down, after turning off the battery last, MSFS crashed to desktop for me. @piotrmkg was fine. I assume this is not the aircraft's fault. I have had this happen before in different planes, including Asobo's. This has happened very rarely so far. Please do not treat this as me dumping on the CRJ or Aerosoft. I'm just mentioning this for clarity.
  • AP LNAV behaviour is still strange - it banks left/right for a while after acquiring a radial (overshoots the radial, then corrects the other way, etc.). Settles down after 2-3 banks left/right. This might be intentional behaviour for a CRJ. I am not a pilot in RL.
  • Cockpit textures are fixed. Light no longer makes them flicker or grainy.

Super happy with this update! Can't wait to fly all weekend. Thank you @Mathijs Kok and the whole dev team for getting this up before the weekend!

• Aerosoft
18 minutes ago, Moridin said:

I forgot to mention, trim is still too sensitive for me since SU5 (on all aircraft). Fix ideas?

Not really, what surprises me a lot about this issue is that it does not seem to affect everybody and I do not believe that is a matter of how people feel about it. It seems to be different on different systems.

6 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Not really, what surprises me a lot about this issue is that it does not seem to affect everybody and I do not believe that is a matter of how people feel about it. It seems to be different on different systems.

I did a separate post on this a few mins ago. It’s not only on the CRJ.

First IFR flight with the CRJ after update, London City (EGLC - Orbx) to Manchester (EGCC - Macco). Everything went smooth (except this annoying MSFS bug not remembering graphic settings which I think caused the EFB to look a bit strange, must do a new flight to test that...).

Intercepted ILS glide slope spot on, almost a perfect landing for being me in slight crosswind. Feels like it is a bit more responsive on the throttle. My trim with the Bravo feels normal.

Parked at gate.

I'd like to give a positive feedback too: just finished my leg from EGLC to EGPE. Everything was working perfectly and smooth. I made a wonderful ILS-landing in Inverness. Nor more graphic and speedtape issues, the plane gives a lot pleasure to me. Many thanks are given to the Aerosoft-team!

36 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

My trim with the Bravo feels normal.

could you look at EICAS display where the trim setting is, default 7.5, and let me know if you can go decimal by decimal precision with the trim wheel? So scroll slowly and get 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, etc?

1 minute ago, Moridin said:

could you look at EICAS display where the trim setting is, default 7.5, and let me know if you can go decimal by decimal precision with the trim wheel? So scroll slowly and get 7.4, 7.3, 7.2, etc?

Hi! Yes, I can, No problem at all. 

All ok with CRJ 1.0.6 except a smooth oscillation (four or five periods) during a leg in flightplan but the plane does not loose the track.

Thank's to Aerosoft team.

Flying LIRF to LEIB as I type this. My "plane" disappeared from the FPD... not sure when. Changing scale doesn't bring it back.

19 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Please make separate topics for issues you find.

As this is a more general topic it is easy to miss it for our staff.

I'm just using this thread as a scratchpad and will try to make detailed separate topics on each subject. Is that OK?

Reinstalling CRJ from scratch just in case.

Edit so I don't forget:

1. Uninstalled via Add & Remove Programs.

2. Restarted Windows.

3. Installing from installer.

why not use Notepad++ or even just Notepad to be your "scratch" pad to track all of this and then post separate "logical" and "cohesive" threads after you have gone through your process?

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

why not use Notepad++ or even just Notepad to be your "scratch" pad to track all of this and then post separate "logical" and "cohesive" threads after you have gone through your process?

Yeah that makes more sense. 🙂 I thought some people would appreciate the insight, but I don't think it was a good idea in hindsight.

Reinstalled everything, completed EDDB-EPKK on VATSIM just now, everything worked properly. I made sure to delete the m* files just to make sure everything was rebuilt. The uninstaller does not delete those files.

Actually Moridin's ongoing commentary is very interesting and helpful. I don't see why it should bother anyone if he continues to jot down his experiences in this thread. 

1 hour ago, RF pilot said:

Actually Moridin's ongoing commentary is very interesting and helpful. I don't see why it should bother anyone if he continues to jot down his experiences in this thread. 

Because there are posted and stated rules that they have asked we follow.... including... please don't post lists... topics need to be one per item... don't hijack threads and post other issues.. open new threads..

So yeah ... open a thread per item... civility...

38 minutes ago, LesOReilly said:

Because there are posted and stated rules that they have asked we follow.... including... please don't post lists... topics need to be one per item... don't hijack threads and post other issues.. open new threads..

So yeah ... open a thread per item... civility...

Sorry. Didn't want to spam multiple threads with barely any substantial info for devs, when I hadn't exhausted all options, including a reinstall. 😞

My last update will be that a full reinstall of the CRJ + deleting of the m* files (uninstall, delete m* files, restart, install, load CRJ into airport, wait 10 mins, quit and restart MSFS) helped with all the issues I was having, at least for today. 🍻

Archived