Left Reverse Thrust (throttle 1) on Bravo not working after 8/13 CRJ Update

Hi Folks,

Anyone having troubles with the reverse thrust for throttle 1 using a bravo throttle quad. My right or throttle 2 is working fine. My left or throttle 1 is designated correctly but does not activate when I engage the reverse thrust. It is set correctly when I check the settings. However if a do a "search by input"  the setting are not triggered when I engage the throttle 1 reverse thrust. Worked fine prior to SU 5 and the new CRJ update??

Any thoughts? Anyone else having this issue?

Fly a complete flight without issue  (Thank you Aerosoft) except for this throttle 1 reverse thrust glitch.

This was edited because I did not think I was having problems, but it turns out that the Left thrust reverse is not engaging for me.

On my second test flight I actually paid attention to it.  Using AAO with the profile and scripts from Fltsimboy.  Everything else seems to be working just fine. 

Did a flight yesterday, right after updating and had no issues with any thrust lever.

Axis and buttons are assigned through AAO, Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo.

Oliver

Hi! I am not getting any reverse thrust at all. I can see both reverse thrust levers moving to full reverse, but the power is on idle. Strange!

I have followed the tutorial for calibrating the Honeycomb Bravo. All other buttons engage as they should. I am not using AAO. If I use keyboard inputs, still no reverse thrust.

7 minutes ago, janjoensson said:

Hi! I am not getting any reverse thrust at all. I can see both reverse thrust levers moving to full reverse, but the power is on idle. Strange!

I have followed the tutorial for calibrating the Honeycomb Bravo. All other buttons engage as they should. I am not using AAO. If I use keyboard inputs, still no reverse thrust.

No, it is I who am stupid or senile... All is fine. Forgot to arm the thrust reversers... 

11 hours ago, janjoensson said:

No, it is I who am stupid or senile... All is fine. Forgot to arm the thrust reversers... 

Thank you for coming back and posting  this...  Refreshing to see  and  I am sure helpful to be able to close the loop so they don't have to look into it..

5 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Thank you for coming back and posting  this...  Refreshing to see  and  I am sure helpful to be able to close the loop so they don't have to look into it..

Hmm, in my case, I have both reversers armed, but the left one does not activate as it did before.  As I mentioned I am running the Flysimboy Alpha and Bravo scripts as before....

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Hmm, in my case, I have both reversers armed, but the left one does not activate as it did before.  As I mentioned I am running the Flysimboy Alpha and Bravo scripts as before....

Well that might be something to do with those..  I as I have said use SPAD.neXt not AAO so can't comment on that but I don't have an issue getting into the Reversers with both...  works the same as it has since the initial release.

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

Well that might be something to do with those..  I as I have said use SPAD.neXt not AAO so can't comment on that but I don't have an issue getting into the Reversers with both...  works the same as it has since the initial release.

Well, yesterday I updated and jumped in and did a quick flight with the left reverser issue.  Today, after starting the sim (I did not restart yesterday), no reverser issue.  So now everything control wise is working like a charm.

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Well, yesterday I updated and jumped in and did a quick flight with the left reverser issue.  Today, after starting the sim (I did not restart yesterday), no reverser issue.  So now everything control wise is working like a charm.

well that is a positive ... hopefully that continues..

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 8/13/2021 at 2:59 PM, simpilot2450 said:

Anyone having troubles with the reverse thrust for throttle 1 using a bravo throttle quad. My right or throttle 2 is working fine. My left or throttle 1 is designated correctly but does not activate when I engage the reverse thrust. It is set correctly when I check the settings. However if a do a "search by input"  the setting are not triggered when I engage the throttle 1 reverse thrust. Worked fine prior to SU 5 and the new CRJ update??

Any thoughts? Anyone else having this issue?

Fly a complete flight without issue  (Thank you Aerosoft) except for this throttle 1 reverse thrust glitch.

simpilot2450, just checking to see if this is still an issue after Mark and Les' comments.

Mark and Les, thanks for your input into helping out here, as well as in many many other threads. Nice to see you both in one thread.

8 hours ago, Herman said:

simpilot2450, just checking to see if this is still an issue after Mark and Les' comments.

Mark and Les, thanks for your input into helping out here, as well as in many many other threads. Nice to see you both in one thread.

I am guessing that what I needed to do was restart the sim.  In my case, I updated (uninstalled old version first and deleted leftover files/folders), loaded up and did a few tests in the pattern.  During these tests I verified reversers were armed.  Upon landing only the right reverser engaged.  So I went to bed as that always seems to solve one problem or another.  After firing up the sim and flying KSLC to KSAN I expected the same issue on landing, however both reversers engaged normally.  I quit the sim and reloaded for another test and they were still working.  So it would seem that in my case, what was needed was a sim/system reboot for whatever reason.  

As always, Les was a big help and yes I consider verification of something working to be help because that causes me to dig into my set up to see what is wrong locally.  

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Do you use the THROTTLE x DECREASE functions for the reversers ?

Not sure if this was meant for me.  No I do not.  In fact I use a total of ZERO in sim controls.  All of my controller profiles are blank with the exception of some views assigned to a hat switch.  I learned early on that the in sim profiles are sketchy.  They duplicate controls and you have to go through all of them (keyboard, mouse, yoke, throttle, pedals etc....I mean all of them) and find duplicates and delete them.  Also, while I understand the reasons for doing it, the defaults that are assigned are pretty much useless from plane to plane.  So I was fortunate enough to learn about Axis and Ohs by Loriby.  I went in and deleted all the in sim profiles and set my keyboard up from scratch.  I use AAO to assign either LVARS or RPN scripts to my controllers.  I also use it for all axis control.  The really cool thing about this is that 99% of my control functions are outside of the sim and I do not have to worry about updates messing something up.  This update was a perfect example as I thought the update might have changed the reverser behavior, however in my case, it turned out that a sim restart was the answer.  AAO also remembers what assignments you made to what airplane and I never have to change my anything if I fly a different plane because the profiles are loaded automatically. 

• Aerosoft
15 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Not sure if this was meant for me.  No I do not.  In fact I use a total of ZERO in sim controls.  All of my controller profiles are blank with the exception of some views assigned to a hat switch.  I learned early on that the in sim profiles are sketchy.  They duplicate controls and you have to go through all of them (keyboard, mouse, yoke, throttle, pedals etc....I mean all of them) and find duplicates and delete them.  Also, while I understand the reasons for doing it, the defaults that are assigned are pretty much useless from plane to plane.  So I was fortunate enough to learn about Axis and Ohs by Loriby.  I went in and deleted all the in sim profiles and set my keyboard up from scratch.  I use AAO to assign either LVARS or RPN scripts to my controllers.  I also use it for all axis control.  The really cool thing about this is that 99% of my control functions are outside of the sim and I do not have to worry about updates messing something up.  This update was a perfect example as I thought the update might have changed the reverser behavior, however in my case, it turned out that a sim restart was the answer.  AAO also remembers what assignments you made to what airplane and I never have to change my anything if I fly a different plane because the profiles are loaded automatically. 

Hi Crabby,

It was actually for Simpilot2450.

Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Crabby said:

I've seen this mentioned a few times -- can you explain what the main benefit is of Axis and Ohs and similar programs? Did you only get it due to frustration with Asobo's updates or does it allow you to do things that can't be done with the in-game control mappings? For example, does that allow you to bind a joystick button to arm reversers which seemingly can't be done in-game? I assume you use a different profile or equivalent for each aircraft you fly?

• Aerosoft

Hi Aplato,

It gives you access to more than hundred aircraft parameters, and also allows to some programming logic.

It is not only functions bindings, it is also deep parameters interfacing and processing.

It is a perfect addition to several simulators.

Thank you.

3 hours ago, Aplato said:

I've seen this mentioned a few times -- can you explain what the main benefit is of Axis and Ohs and similar programs? Did you only get it due to frustration with Asobo's updates or does it allow you to do things that can't be done with the in-game control mappings? For example, does that allow you to bind a joystick button to arm reversers which seemingly can't be done in-game? I assume you use a different profile or equivalent for each aircraft you fly?

This is all thanks to Flightsimboy and his scripts but I have: (for the CRJ)

1. Reversers bound to a button on my Bravo Quadrant

2. More realistic engine start/throttle lever behavior and this is bound to the Bravo

3. I can turn on the taxi lights the correct way (nose light and taxi lights)

The list goes on and on.  It works with every plane, takes just a bit of effort to learn, but as I mentioned there are many in the community that have made ready to use profiles to get you started.  I cannot imagine using MSFS without it.  There are many out there who are in the "why should I spend more money on my sim" camp who refuse to use it and they are in a constant state of suffering and bewilderment, all after spending more money on an airplane, so go figure.  It's about 20 dollars so it is very inexpensive for what it does.  It is the one of two addons, the other is Add On Linker, that I call must haves if you want to have closer to full control over your sim. 

Thanks @SimWare and @Crabby. Seems like something worth looking into at the very least. I haven't had any issues with the default interface, but it would be nice to bind some of the things that are not available. As a programmer I'm intrigued to see what kind of custom things this makes possible.

Crabby

just for interest, do you not want the reversers (i.e. levers) on the Bravo to activate reverse mode at all?  i.e. as in the real a/c.....or do you prefer a mapped button?

1 hour ago, Aplato said:

Thanks @SimWare and @Crabby. Seems like something worth looking into at the very least. I haven't had any issues with the default interface, but it would be nice to bind some of the things that are not available. As a programmer I'm intrigued to see what kind of custom things this makes possible.

Check out SPAD.neXt as well ...  It has a really nice UI for setting up the events as well as a Data and Events Monitor that helps with figuring out which items are being controlled by the switches in the cockpit..

3 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

Check out SPAD.neXt as well ...  It has a really nice UI for setting up the events as well as a Data and Events Monitor that helps with figuring out which items are being controlled by the switches in the cockpit..

Thanks -- will do!

13 hours ago, Belga said:

While spad.next seems to be a mighty tool, its somewhat intransparent pricing structure is pretty annoying to me. To get further updates after the first year of use you need an update subscription, which is of course not mentioned on the "Buy" page.

Update Subscription - SPAD.neXt (spadnext.com)

Ugh...  Well I don't agree... before you buy it or add it to the cart..... you have this information:

Please login to display this image.

I have no financial gain or involvement with SPAD.neXt however I don't think claiming that it is not listed when it is literally the the Bold Text above clicking on Buy Now or Add to Cart.....

Archived