Version 1.0.6.0 downloading now \o/

Puuhbear

1 minute ago, matrosov said:

I'm not sure if she is completely fixed.  Feels very sluggish, throttle inputs are delayed.  Speed tape doesn't look like it's fixed.  I'm at full throttle right now flaps up fully cleaned up and she is at 150 knots and not even trying to obey VS that I dialed in. and then she just drops the nose to gain some speed after 10 minutes of level flight and back to the dialed in VS which is not all that high.   Speed climb not even close she just wouldn't accelerate at full throttle and even worse in climb setting.  27K she should be climbing out like a bat out of hell I'm at 25K zfw and 7K of fuel on board. plenty of margin.  

Start a new topic on this stuff.  Pretty soon this thread will have 1000+post about some nit picky crap that has nothing to do with actually updating the plane.  

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, rbringh said:

My method works in all other planes.

The CRJ is NOT all other planes, especially if you are comparing it to default.  All the things you mention are working fine so it must be a binding issue. 

1 hour ago, Herman said:

You have to uninstall any older versions of the CRJ before installing 1.0.6.0. When you write "I deleted the entire folder", that suggests that's all you did to "uninstall" it. Please don't uninstall programs that way! Instead, use the Windows Control Panel applet (or the uninstaller if it's in your Start menu).

1 hour ago, Herman said:

You have to uninstall any older versions of the CRJ before installing 1.0.6.0. When you write "I deleted the entire folder", that suggests that's all you did to "uninstall" it. Please don't uninstall programs that way! Instead, use the Windows Control Panel applet (or the uninstaller if it's in your Start menu).

Also, did you buy it through Contrail or are you just using that to do updates? I bought mine through the Aerosoft shop, but it it visible in Contrail.

I just looked at my readme file for the CRJ and it does include info on version 1.0.6.0, so it looks like you're correct in believing it didn't install correctly.

Please reply back with what method you used to uninstall the older version and what shop you bought it from and let's see if we can get you through this.

Also, did you buy it through Contrail or are you just using that to do updates? I bought mine through the Aerosoft shop, but it it visible in Contrail.

I just looked at my readme file for the CRJ and it does include info on version 1.0.6.0, so it looks like you're correct in believing it didn't install correctly.

Please reply back with what method you used to uninstall the older version and what shop you bought it from and let's see if we can get you through this.

I definitely bought it on Contrail.  Here's the thing.  I have an MSFS Addon Linker so all of my mods are in another folder.  I use the linker to push them in an out of community as I need them.  For this update, I took the CRJ folder and copied to community and then let Contrail do it's thing.   It seems to be uninstalling and installing but then I check the readme and 1.0.5.0.   Purging the folder was a last minute attempt to try something different and it just keeps installing 1.0.5.0

56 minutes ago, Crabby said:

You don't download the AS Updater, you

1. Uninstall the CRJ.  Don't just delete folders.  UNINSTALL

2. Download the 1.06 FULL version from wherever you bought it.

3. Install the new version following the instructions in the included README

4. Try to figure out how come everywhere says to download the full version and you are trying to download the Updater app.

Thanks Crabby. 

23 minutes ago, jcoops said:

I definitely bought it on Contrail.  Here's the thing.  I have an MSFS Addon Linker so all of my mods are in another folder.  I use the linker to push them in an out of community as I need them.  For this update, I took the CRJ folder and copied to community and then let Contrail do it's thing.   It seems to be uninstalling and installing but then I check the readme and 1.0.5.0.   Purging the folder was a last minute attempt to try something different and it just keeps installing 1.0.5.0.

I just watched it uninstall all of the files and the folder is gone.  Then it installs all of the files and it shows me it is updating to 1.0.6.0 with progress bar.  I see the folder reappear with the latest timestamps on all the files including Product file.  Then contrail goes back the main screen and tells me I am still on 1.0.5.0.  Obviously because it is reading the product file.  It's either installing all of the 1.0.6.0 files and simply not changing the product and readme files or it is giving me 1.0.5.0 files all over again.   I have no way of telling except through the product file.  It has to be an issue with Contrail

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 hours ago, jcoops said:

I just watched it uninstall all of the files and the folder is gone.  Then it installs all of the files and it shows me it is updating to 1.0.6.0 with progress bar.  I see the folder reappear with the latest timestamps on all the files including Product file.  Then contrail goes back the main screen and tells me I am still on 1.0.5.0.  Obviously because it is reading the product file.  It's either installing all of the 1.0.6.0 files and simply not changing the product and readme files or it is giving me 1.0.5.0 files all over again.   I have no way of telling except through the product file.  It has to be an issue with Contrail

Thanks for the detailed problem report and clarifying when and why you deleted the product folder. It looks to me you've done a nice job of troubleshooting and trying the usual remedies. Until someone more familiar with the installer files than I am can chime in, it does seem to be something with the Contrail side.

As I noted earlier, I bought mine through the AS Store, but Contrail found it all by itself and reports version 1.0.6.0 installed. Here's a screenshot of my CRJ folder in the Community folder so you can see if the file dates match yours. If one or more of yours have earlier dates, then I think it's established that installing through Contrail isn't working.

Please login to display this image.

I´m sittin here, booted, started MSFS, saw in marketplace update , it loaded down 1.0.6-1.0.9, but did not install anything. Started MSFS as admin, now CRJ was gone, started download of product and it loads down 01.2-01.3-....

• Developer

Talking about bindings: Some key bindings indeed have changed with Sim Update 5. One example is the "ESC" key for "SET PAUSE OFF" that was newly introduced, so it's not part of any custom keyboard profile that was created before Sim Update 5. If you see any issues with key bindings and if you're using a custom profile, you should temporarily switch back to the default keyboard profile and check if the issue is still there. If it isn't, you need to update (or re-create) your custom keyboard profile.

5 hours ago, Herman said:

You have to uninstall any older versions of the CRJ before installing 1.0.6.0.

Can someone please confirm this? I didn’t uninstall 1.0.5.0, installed 1.0.6.0 over it, the CRJ took 6-10 mins to load (as if it was its first flight) and all the new fixes are there, and everything is working correctly.

Will I potentially miss something? Should I uninstall and reinstall again? I’d love to hear from a dev on this for 100% clarification. @Hans Hartmann perhaps?

P.S. I know how to back up the cameras but is there anything else I should back up if someone tells me to reinstall?

• Developer
28 minutes ago, Moridin said:

Can someone please confirm this? I didn’t uninstall 1.0.5.0, installed 1.0.6.0 over it, the CRJ took 6-10 mins to load (as if it was its first flight) and all the new fixes are there, and everything is working correctly.

Will I potentially miss something? Should I uninstall and reinstall again? I’d love to hear from a dev on this for 100% clarification. @Hans Hartmann perhaps?

P.S. I know how to back up the cameras but is there anything else I should back up if someone tells me to reinstall?

No, it's a clean overwrite. From my point of view there's no need to uninstall the previous version first. As long as the new WASM files are detected and you get the 6-10 minute wait, you should be fine.

There may be some obsolete texture files that don't get removed this way, but since those are no longer referenced in the model, the worst that happens is some wasted space on your drive.

• Aerosoft
38 minutes ago, Moridin said:

In case of a full new build we always advise de-installing first. But if things work.... don´t touch it!

• Deputy Sheriffs

In this case 2 options:

in The ASUpdater the changes are listed in the right window.

Later you find the readme.txt in this folder:
...\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\aerosoft-crj\Data\Readme.txt

18 hours ago, Tom A320 said:

If you look for support I strongly recommend you open your own topic in the correct forum section. Within "General Discussion" and a topic about the long awaited release of the new version you shouldn't expect any serious support.

I appreciate that you're trying to help, but which forum exactly would be the correct place to discuss crashes and other technical issues? The whole CRJ subforum bears the label "All the support and discussion about the Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ for MFS." 

General Discussion says "no support, please," but there is no other obvious place to ask. The updates and FAQ forums don't allow user posts, and everything else is very specific to other topic areas, like in-game systems, liveries, etc.

Every time I try to update the CRJ, MSFS crashes to desktop, and I would like to know where I should be talking about it. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
3 minutes ago, Solidus said:

but which forum exactly would be the correct place to discuss crashes and other technical issues?

depends on what crashes when and what are the technical issues. The subtitles of the individual forum section gives you some hints.

4 minutes ago, Solidus said:

Every time I try to update the CRJ, MSFS crashes to desktop

Depends on where you bought it.

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

depends on what crashes when and what are the technical issues. The subtitles of the individual forum section gives you some hints.

I've read the subtitles, and none of them apply. That's the issue I'm trying to point out. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, Solidus said:

I've read the subtitles, and none of them apply. That's the issue I'm trying to point out. 

And what exactly is your problem?

4 minutes ago, mopperle said:

And what exactly is your problem?

Updating through the Content Manager was crashing the sim (something, I might add, which only seems to happen with this add-on). I managed to brute force through it with enough attempts, and it appears to be updated now.

But, just for the sake of argument, if I was experiencing instability in the sim with the CRJ, like a crash bug, what would be the right forum to talk about it? It seems to me that there should be a subforum for technical issues like that, and there isn't as far as I can tell. They're all very specific, with no catch-all for issues that don't fall neatly into those categories, which is not a good approach, and the situation is not improved by saying "go to the proper subforum," when no such subforum exists. 

7 hours ago, Herman said:

Thanks for the detailed problem report and clarifying when and why you deleted the product folder. It looks to me you've done a nice job of troubleshooting and trying the usual remedies. Until someone more familiar with the installer files than I am can chime in, it does seem to be something with the Contrail side.

As I noted earlier, I bought mine through the AS Store, but Contrail found it all by itself and reports version 1.0.6.0 installed. Here's a screenshot of my CRJ folder in the Community folder so you can see if the file dates match yours. If one or more of yours have earlier dates, then I think it's established that installing through Contrail isn't working.

I tried again this morning and same thing.  It uninstalls and reinstalls.  The dates of all the files show current date/time after the install but contrail just goes right back to believing the older version is still there.   Can you guys give me access to the version via Aerosoft.   How can I be sure I have it?  Can you settle the issue with Contrail?

Archived