Customer Service

ebbsplyer

Hello Aerosoft,

I want to make a comment here about the way you handle customer service. 

To my best guess these moderators are volunteers. In my last topic, I posed a very sensible topic requesting further information about the development of the CRJ. A lot of customers chimed in and agreed with my statement. We kept it civil and polite. Simply requesting more information and updates about what is going on. I felt like it was a good conversation until the moderators joined in. Specifically this guy Airubus Tom guy. He chimed in and pretty much said again "shut up and wait and that we are all wrong".

Well first of all we aren't wrong. If the information we are seeking isn't EASILY searchable and findable it is bad information. You can't expect your customers to dig through every little reply on these forums. We simply requested a technical update since we haven't heard anything since last Monday. After Tom's rude reply's we finally got the information we were seeking from Hans. Airbus Tom told us the information was out there just to find out there really was more information inside Aersosoft that wasn't in the community. So was the information out there or not? It wasn't at the time. THANK YOU HANS for answering the question at hand and giving us the inside information that we were seeking.

I am a sales engineer by trade. I have to work with very high end customers every day. Even if they ask me a stupid question, I still smile and explain to the best of my ability(sometimes multiple times). I would never tell them to look it up them selves and just "wait for development". I am customer eccentric. I'm sure your product margin is 10x higher than what I sell, so you should care. 

My request: Let get real customer service representatives to help out in the community. Lets find a plan to help communicate better and more timely about work that is happening. It is clear that I am not the only one with these feelings towards your company right now. I would not hire Tom to represent the company I work for with the way he talks to your customers. I recommend the company take this as a training opportunity of how to offer better customer service and information. If you need help with that, I am more than willing to consult with the company on how to do this better. It really isn't that hard and does not require that much time or effort. I would never ever tell a customer they were wrong. I would simply guide them in the right direction. Not every user is the same. I get frustrated when I come home from work to find the product is still broken and I don't have an easy way to find information on the current status. I'm stoked that you are working on it. I get a bad taste in my mouth anytime a customer service rep talks to me this way. I will probably always buy your products in the future because the product is good. People like this however will put off some of your customers. 

I also recommend that you search the Microsoft forums to see that people are talking about your moderators more than the airplanes now. I believe the term "arrogant assholes" is being thrown around. I wouldnt want my company to be talked about like that. I would reply to Tom directly, but I don't have enough posts to send DMs. 

Cheers,

Andy

BA Communications and Professional Sales

University of Cincinnati '14. 

Student Pilot

Sales Engineer

Well, from what I can see, everyone who posted in this topic here (except the TO) is also well aware of the topic where the latest update has been posted to.

Question: how many pinned topics do you want to have where information is getting posted into?

That linked topic has been opened by the CEO of Aerosoft. The CRJ developer has posted multiple times into it, as also the CRJ product manager did.

Should all of them also make their statements into every new topic that is being opened here and in which users willingly ignore information they read already elsewhere?

There is no need for an answer to this, as there is actually no need for further discussion in here. What was said in the linked topic is also valid here:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Andy,

46 minutes ago, ebbsplyer said:

Airbus Tom told us the information was out there just to find out there really was more information inside Aersosoft that wasn't in the community. So was the information out there or not? It wasn't at the time.

At the moment I posted my comments into that topic, all available information was already directly linked in your topic. In case you have missed it, I am referring to this post in your topic:

In my reply I had explicitly exempted you, but all others complaining in your topic were already active in the "Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000", so it is save to assume they new that post of Mathijs already and just ignored it.

The reason why I explicitly exempted you is simply because you haven't posted in that topic before. But after Melvin posted the link to Mathijs' post into your topic, you must have read it as well, right? 

At the time of my posts no further information was available, and all available information was linked in your topic.

Only afterwards Hans gave a little bit more insight. 

Of course you can see me a rude or selfish or arrogant. But as written in the latest post in that "Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000", there simply is no need to ask over and over again for new information, if there isn't any available yet, or can't be communicated yet. 

I am sorry, if this offenses you, it was most definitely not intended like that.

Take care, Tom.

Well if you look at the spirit of my original post, it was encouraging the company over all to take a different stance on their communication protocols. 

Even if there is no new news to give, communication is still appreciated. At the end of the day I email any client I am working with and give them a status on their project if there is new news or not. 

Instead of telling us to shut up and wait a more appropriate response is "Let me look into that and try to get some information". In hind sight we found out there was actually news to give. You just were not aware of it. 

If the company proactive, they won't have to spend the time telling us to shut up. AND  you will gain a lot of respect as being a transparent company. 

I am not really upset about how you replied to me. But am more upset that I raised a concern about communication practices with other customers agreeing just to be shut down again by your self. 

The opinion of the customers is "always right" rather you like that or not. That is just how the world works. All we are asking for was for some follow up information. I don't see that as being un reasonable. 

Being proactive prevents posts like this. Lets all try to be more professional and willing to work with the customers. If you are going to take on a moderator role, understand that you are representing a company as the customer service representative and should show some better empathy towards us paying customers. 

Again. I am not the only one saying this. Many many people are agreeing with me based on this forum and others. Just take this as a learning experience and and find a way to strategize so this isn't a problem in the future. 

Thank you very kindly for your time and efforts! And I truly mean this will all due respect. I'm trying to help everyone. 

Andy 

Agree entirely. I made a complaint post today and received a response that essentially mocked me and implied paranoia. Bizarre really. Actually, ED and DCS used to have forum moderators and staff similar the those here, who had a mixture of arrogance and anger towards customers. My understanding is they were cleared out for people with real world customer experience, and EDs reputation was greatly improved as a result.

• Developer
1 hour ago, bigbluss said:

Agree entirely. I made a complaint post today and received a response that essentially mocked me and implied paranoia. Bizarre really. Actually, ED and DCS used to have forum moderators and staff similar the those here, who had a mixture of arrogance and anger towards customers. My understanding is they were cleared out for people with real world customer experience, and EDs reputation was greatly improved as a result.

You weren't mocked. Mathijs told you that you are wrong when you compare mostly HTML/Javascript based aircraft with a fully WASM/C++ based aircraft. And he was 100% right with that. It's not that one is better than the other, but each uses a different programming language and a different runtime environment, so WASM comes with its own problems that Javascript doesn't have and vice versa. Feel free to read the SDK documentation and check out www.fsdeveloper.com and you will find out that you were comparing apples with oranges.

You don't want to? Too complicated? Too much effort? Well, fine. But then, you shouldn't comment on such things either. Customer support did absolutely nothing wrong here.

21 hours ago, ebbsplyer said:

he opinion of the customers is "always right" rather you like that or not

I guess I just proved the opposite. The customer is by no means always right and it's important to let him know if he isn't, because it's the only way to fight that general attitude of "I have no clue but I'm entitled to my opinion" which is spreading over the internet at an alarming rate.

1 hour ago, Hans Hartmann said:

You weren't mocked. Mathijs told you that you are wrong when you compare mostly HTML/Javascript based aircraft with a fully WASM/C++ based aircraft. And he was 100% right with that. It's not that one is better than the other, but each uses a different programming language and a different runtime environment, so WASM comes with its own problems that Javascript doesn't have and vice versa. Feel free to read the SDK documentation and check out www.fsdeveloper.com and you will find out that you were comparing apples with oranges.

Customer support did absolutely nothing wrong here.

I guess I just proved the opposite. The customer is by no means always right and it's important to let him know if he isn't, because it's the only way to fight that general attitude of "I have no clue but I'm entitled to my opinion" which is spreading over the internet at an alarming rate.

So let's talk specifically about this part of your response:

"You don't want to? Too complicated? Too much effort? Well, fine. But then, you shouldn't comment on such things either."

Solid attempt at patronising someone, but falls a little short. I work as a software engineer on behalf of (multiple) governments in defence and intelligence, by building high performance micro services and distributed systems. Primarily shuttling satellite, AIS, aviation, emergency services and military tracking devices through a plethora of high performance parsing systems into a custom built high performance geospatial database. I have an expert understanding of NodeJS, C, C++, Golang and when I want a nice quick web application, Ruby. Elasticsearch, Redis, RabbitMQ and Cassandra also make up parts of the extremely high performance stack I've helped build.

If I told one of my clients that their software didn't work because I picked a different language to my competitors, they'd laugh me out of the building.

Thanks for explaining the difference between C and JavaScript to me btw - do you have a CV I could look at?

I don't like to namedrop and brag, but you were incredibly rude to me and presumed I'm an idiot. I am not.

• Developer
21 minutes ago, bigbluss said:

Also: in what world do developers come onto forums and openly mock genuine customers. What is going on!?

In this world. As you can see.

So, if you really can do all these things and have all this knowledge, I would even more expect from you that you know what you're talking about. Your bragging just makes it worse.

And with this, this discussion ends.

Archived