What is going on with the update?!

ebbsplyer

• Deputy Sheriffs

Gentlemen,

some users in this topic try to draw a picture that there haven't been any updates regarding the CRJ since the 4th of August. This is factually wrong!

Users, who try to correct this picture, including simply posting a link to the latest information (from 3 days ago) are getting hit by downvotes.

This is by the way what I call childish behavior! Voicing your opinion over other users opinions by using the voting system is absolutely ok and wanted. That's what the voting system is there for. 

But downvoting other users for their attempt to correct a wrongly drawn picture in this topic is a no go and we will not tolerate that.

So, to make sure that really everyone who is reading this topic understands this: the claim that the latest update is from the 4th of August is wrong! The latest update is from the 9th of August.

I also recommend that you read the latest post in that topic properly. Further above in this topic here there was a complaint that posts from there have been deleted and that the topic is closed. Well, the explanation for that is in the very last post of that topic. So please read it.

11 hours ago, Seth2413 said:

Who knows.  I see another thread was closed because the 'tone' was going downhill fast apparently.  A few asking about the update considering this statem,ent was made on August 4   "Now for the good news: The CRJ updates for compatibility issues with Sim Update 5 have been completed and are being readied for release as we speak. They should become available in the next couple of days."   Quite disappointed that geez we have the gall to ask when this will be updated and fixed.  Yes im sure they are busy with it and yes im sure it will be released when its finished but no information for a week on when that will be considering last week it was announced the update was finished.  This isnt a freeware project with people doing it in their own time, this is payware that we have all paid money for so just asking for a bit of information and customer service.  No info on here, no info on discord channel.  The CRJ is my favorite and go to plane for a few programs that I use alongside MSFS like A pilots life, FSEeconomy, VATSIM so would just like to be able to enjoy it again.  Didnt think that was too much to ask.  

I agree that it is frustrating to be waiting for an update and the silence we've had recently doesn't help. I haven't been able to find the Discord channel, does anyone have a link please?

16 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Gentlemen,

some users in this topic try to draw a picture that there haven't been any updates regarding the CRJ since the 4th of August. This is factually wrong!

Users, who try to correct this picture, including simply posting a link to the latest information (from 3 days ago) are getting hit by downvotes.

This is by the way what I call childish behavior! Voicing your opinion over other users opinions by using the voting system is absolutely ok and wanted. That's what the voting system is there for. 

But downvoting other users for their attempt to correct a wrongly drawn picture in this topic is a no go and we will not tolerate that.

So, to make sure that really everyone who is reading this topic understands this: the claim that the latest update of from the 4th of August is wrong! The latest update is from the 9th of August.

I also recommend that you also read the latest post in that topic properly. Further above in this topic here there was a complaint that posts from there have been deleted and that the topic is closed. Well, the explanation for that is in the very last post of that linked topic. So please read it.

I think part of the problem is that it is not very visible to everyone. That update from the 9th of August is a one line "update" provided on the second page of a statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000. Some users are not going to dig through posts on the forums to find updates they should be clear and easy to find otherwise it leads to posts like this one asking where an update is.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Well, from what I can see, everyone who posted in this topic here (except the TO) is also well aware of the topic where the latest update has been posted to.

Question: how many pinned topics do you want to have where information is getting posted into?

That linked topic has been opened by the CEO of Aerosoft. The CRJ developer has posted multiple times into it, as also the CRJ product manager did.

Should all of them also make their statements into every new topic that is being opened here and in which users willingly ignore information they read already elsewhere?

There is no need for an answer to this, as there is actually no need for further discussion in here. What was said in the linked topic is also valid here:

This thread is temporarily locked because the tone is going downhill fast. When Winfried or Mathijs have something to share, they will. Immediately! There is no need to ask for updates because they will let us know when there's something concrete to announce.

• Developer

Abusing my moderator rights to post a comment:

1) Yes, there have been three other issues that were found during the testing at Microsoft. Two in the CRJ, which have been there since day 1, but never showed until Sim Update 5 (dark instruments after loading and HUD constantly flipped down) and one in the Marketplace ingestion process which wasn't directly related to the CRJ, but caused a delay anyway.

2) Everything has been fixed and as of 18:47 CEST yesterday evening, the ingestion process has been completed and the CRJ was sent to Microsoft's testing team.

When it will be available? I don't know. Will Microsoft find another issue that needs fixing first? I don't know.

I will have to wait - just like you.

Archived