What is going on with the update?!

ebbsplyer

I know nothing about coding or making stuff for flight simulators. But I do know a lot about marketing and public relations. (It's what my college degree is in)

People are going to buy your product no matter what if they can afford it and will just deal with lack of customer service. 

A company can't just have their product break completely tell their customers they have it fixed and will release the fix any day then go silent and tell anyone asking to "shut up and wait". 

Us customers love your product and we just want to use it again. We are OK with waiting, but please please please stay in communication. 

Your customers get really upset and frustrated when they come home from a hard day of work just to find out their favorite product is still broken. 

People are checking the forums every day to find an update from the developers. I get it. It must be annoying to have your customers constantly begging you for information. Just keep us updated every day and it won't be an issue. If you just tell us what is happening we will be like "Ok, thanks for letting us know". Give us some inside information of what is being worked on. Let us know your problems. If its Microsoft we will be your advocate. 

Now I'm sure this post will be deleted before it even sees the light of day. Just try to make some announcements. Your customers are calling your arrogant assholes with this silence. Don't be that guy. We paid you lots of money for this product, and we just want to be able to enjoy it. 

Thanks for your hard work on the product!

Andy 

Totally agree, this isn't a question of "precisely when are we getting an update?", but one of communicating where you're at in terms of fixing the issues that SU5 introduced. Are you waiting on Asobo? Were other issues found and as such the update is delayed? Are we just waiting on QA to validate the update against the latest MSFS version? Just a small amount of official communcation around this would go a long way in calming your customers and make them feel valued instead of ignored or dismissed.

Who knows.  I see another thread was closed because the 'tone' was going downhill fast apparently.  A few asking about the update considering this statem,ent was made on August 4   "Now for the good news: The CRJ updates for compatibility issues with Sim Update 5 have been completed and are being readied for release as we speak. They should become available in the next couple of days."   Quite disappointed that geez we have the gall to ask when this will be updated and fixed.  Yes im sure they are busy with it and yes im sure it will be released when its finished but no information for a week on when that will be considering last week it was announced the update was finished.  This isnt a freeware project with people doing it in their own time, this is payware that we have all paid money for so just asking for a bit of information and customer service.  No info on here, no info on discord channel.  The CRJ is my favorite and go to plane for a few programs that I use alongside MSFS like A pilots life, FSEeconomy, VATSIM so would just like to be able to enjoy it again.  Didnt think that was too much to ask.  

I totally agree. i have been a loyal aerososft customer for a very long time and i understand the job and i would certainly not dare to give lessons but at one point i am wondering about communication. could we have some news because it's starting to take a long time i love aerosoft crj and it's so frustrating not being able to use it !! thanks a lot.

Also from my side I totally agree. The update was "available within a few days" already long time ago. And I also know that Mathijs and his team cannot say anything since some other department within Aerosoft is taking care of "what can be said". But it is sooooo vague.

Still loving the CRJ and really waiting for the update, so we can fly again with this beautiful product!

First of all, love the CRJ. It's literally all I was flying before Microsobo went and did their updates. But yes, some communication would be nice, and also I notice a lack of patience and general rudeness from the moderators and developers. Please realize that we, the consumers are the only reason you have a business. 

Thank you and keep up the great work!

Cheers

Yes I agree as well. I think it is time for Aerosoft to step in here with some updated communication.

We all know it will be ready when it is ready and Aerosoft are obviously working hard to get it out the door, but a little bit of communication with your customers can go a long way.

Personally I'm glad this was said. Thank You.  Aerosoft can take the attitude they have for now but as competition increases and it will with the growth of FS2020 it will hurt them in the long run. They make a good product but just as other builders improvements and updates are nonexistent.  Flybywire is a good alternative and there will be others. 

I however blame Microsoft. They need strong agreements that items sold in their store will receive a certain level of support. They also need to work better with suppliers prior to issuing updates that totally break their product. 

It will take some time but I believe all will get better. 

Guys posts like that are pointless. AS is not obligated to give you any timeline. There is already dedicated update post that’s pinned, just check it every other day or so. I’m on that same boat I love CRJ but I’m ok with WT CJ4 or TBM With improvement mod for now. Post like that just attract trolls. 

28 minutes ago, Kamil M said:

Guys posts like that are pointless. AS is not obligated to give you any timeline. There is already dedicated update post that’s pinned, just check it every other day or so. I’m on that same boat I love CRJ but I’m ok with WT CJ4 or TBM With improvement mod for now. Post like that just attract trolls. 

Link to posts?  because we dont see any.   

The point im making is that there was a thread/post about updates but a modertaor decided to remove a heap of posts and close it because it was going downhill fast.  It was only going downhill because nothing was coming out of AS.  last post as I said above was August 4 to say it was finished and ready for release.  Since then nothing so of course people are going to start to get restless and a bit annoyed with no information coming out.  just need to be careful or else peoploe will just take thier business elsewhere if the customer service is lacking.  Look at how much flack flight factor get because their attitude and customer service is atrocious.  AS dont be like FF.  

@Seth2413 Around 4th They said they have an update but on Friday the 6th there was a SU5 hotfix from Microsoft . Apparently that hotfix no loner worked with the update they had ready prior to hotfix and that why we are in delay  .... For some reason  it is in this post Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000

Calm down. They're probably busy, pressured and swamped with a bunch of extra work since the last 2 updates (SU5 and hotfix) have broken things for many mods and scenery.

Since release, yes...the CRJ had known issues and some that weren't fixed right away after release. It happens.

Let it go.

If you're seriously this angry then maybe it would be okay to fly something else for a little while to keep you occupied?

There are several payware and freeware (modded) planes to choose from that are great to fly.

TLDR: They will fix it but if you keep asking them repeatedly its no wonder why they'd lock out a topic.

If I was making this plane and got screwed by Asobo/MS with their nasty updates and all of my customers were angry with ME I would lock the topics out as well.

In fact, this topic should be locked immediately.

I'm not so sure AS got screwed by Asobo. AS put in a custom glide slope to get ILS functioning rather than modify their code to function with Asobo SDK. Guess what, that custom code is broke now while all other planes work fine. I'm sure their work is superior to all others but...lol, you can make a lot of people lose confidence in you when think your too superior.

I think you have a Asobo/Aerosoft cat fight going on....lmao.

Also while I'm on my soapbox...lol.

Why can't  most of the switches and dials be mapped to keys like other planes (ex. altitude inc/dec). This plane is great but a bitch constantly try to turn dials and flip switches while you try to land this thing.....lol again.

CRJ is pretty but they could have made quite a few improvements and make people feel good about their purchase. It's not just AS. Updates and improvements are rare in this game.

1 hour ago, Kamil M said:

@Seth2413 Around 4th They said they have an update but on Friday the 6th there was a SU5 hotfix from Microsoft . Apparently that hotfix no loner worked with the update they had ready prior to hotfix and that why we are in delay  .... For some reason  it is in this post Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000

It's August 12th man.  Do you think it's cool to not say anything for that long?  I do not.  We are simply asking for COMMUNICATION.

33 minutes ago, Kamil M said:

Yeah Kamil thats the thread I am talking about.  It was 4 pages long and open and now its 2 pages and shut with a comment from a modertaor at the end.  

1 hour ago, rbringh said:

I'm not so sure AS got screwed by Asobo. AS put in a custom glide slope to get ILS functioning rather than modify their code to function with Asobo SDK. Guess what, that custom code is broke now while all other planes work fine. I'm sure their work is superior to all others but...lol, you can make a lot of people lose confidence in you when think your too superior.

I think you have a Asobo/Aerosoft cat fight going on....lmao.

Also while I'm on my soapbox...lol.

Why can't  most of the switches and dials be mapped to keys like other planes (ex. altitude inc/dec). This plane is great but a bitch constantly try to turn dials and flip switches while you try to land this thing.....lol again.

CRJ is pretty but they could have made quite a few improvements and make people feel good about their purchase. It's not just AS. Updates and improvements are rare in this game.

I have every single button and switch I need mapped to my controls in the CRJ...  And guess what with SU5 I actually have many Standard Planes that I can no longer map switches because they took out the XMLVARs and replaced them with B:Events that we can't address from external software either now....  

So yes maybe step down from the soapbox.... FYI WT CJ4 needs to use H:Events and L:VARS... G1000 ... Needs to use H:Events ... FBW320 -- needs to use H:Events and L:VARS....  PMDG DC-6 ... wait for it .. L:VARS ...  All of the higher end add on planes need to use functions that you can not access from MSFS keybindings and require AAO / SPAD.neXt / Mobiflight / FSUIPC ... Otherwise you can't control them.

SU5 has a lot of Developers and users raising issues about controls and events no longer working and no way to make them work.... 

1 hour ago, LesOReilly said:

I have every single button and switch I need mapped to my controls in the CRJ...  And guess what with SU5 I actually have many Standard Planes that I can no longer map switches because they took out the XMLVARs and replaced them with B:Events that we can't address from external software either now....  

So yes maybe step down from the soapbox.... FYI WT CJ4 needs to use H:Events and L:VARS... G1000 ... Needs to use H:Events ... FBW320 -- needs to use H:Events and L:VARS....  PMDG DC-6 ... wait for it .. L:VARS ...  All of the higher end add on planes need to use functions that you can not access from MSFS keybindings and require AAO / SPAD.neXt / Mobiflight / FSUIPC ... Otherwise you can't control them.

SU5 has a lot of Developers and users raising issues about controls and events no longer working and no way to make them work.... 

Thankfully, I map very little for this reason. You did bring up a good point: Sim Update 5 messed up quite a bit. My JF Arrow series, several freeware modded planes, working title garmins had some issues and I got the DC-6 a few days but they updated the plane very quickly. JF updated fairly recently. In defense of Aerosoft, they're busy and are developing several other things at the same time.

When most of this boils over (not just asobo/ms/aerosoft/jf etc) I will start mapping a bit more.

To the others: Still, you can downvote all you want. It's pretty childish. Just be patient. You will get your updated/upgraded CRJ in no time.

I accept, and respect, that Aerosoft is taking their time to fix these issues. I am sure that if they have not released the update it's because it's not ready yet, despite their best efforts.

For this thread to actually be useful it should be read/written not as: "this should have been fixed already" and rather "it's ok that this is not fixed yet, we know you're trying your best, but can you please be humble enough to reconsider how well you are communicating with us?"

I actually think that the team has good intentions, and they genuinely believe they are doing a good job at communicating - but they aren't. And they have to be humble enough to at least consider that possibility. It's their loss, and our loss, because I actually think the CRJ community is strong and could really contribute to the growth of the product and ultimately the company.

My advice is that Aerosoft creates a thread (it can be read only) and pin it at the top of the page, specifically for customers to keep track of the upcoming update. Write on that thread daily, even if just to say "Today we managed to finally test some successful ILS approaches". This would help Aerosoft greatly, and most importantly help their reasonable customers (we can't do much about the non reasonable).

It's a simple step. In my opinion there's a lot more that could be done community wise, but I would say this is the minimum.

Thanks for your effort.

Just to let Aerosoft Know. That was my 1st purchase of Aerosoft product, and though i enjoyed flying the CRJ, it'll be the last. 

I really hate the way you handle customer communication. 

PMDG communication is 10 times better, by far. 

12 minutes ago, Melvin Baylis said:

It has already been said that the update is on the front burner, ever heard of patience?

Oh for goodness sake someone else chimes in without reading the whole thread.  Go back to the top and read what we are talking about.  I'll spell it out for you and anyone else who wants to have a crack.  I'll quote the last comment made on the Aug 4 about the update.  "Now for the good news: The CRJ updates for compatibility issues with Sim Update 5 have been completed and are being readied for release as we speak. They should become available in the next couple of days."  So here we are Aug 12 and no further information, did they hit a snag? is there more things broken from the hotfix?  All we are saying is that it just needs a comment every now and then to let everyone know what is happening and whether we will see our beloved CRJ700/550 birds flying at their best again.  The majority of us are very devoted to this plane and talk it up all the time.   Call me impatient all you like, not really im just a loyal customer seeking some information.   

vor 38 Minuten, Seth2413 sagte:

Oh for goodness sake someone else chimes in without reading the whole thread.  Go back to the top and read what we are talking about.  I'll spell it out for you and anyone else who wants to have a crack.  I'll quote the last comment made on the Aug 4 about the update.  "Now for the good news: The CRJ updates for compatibility issues with Sim Update 5 have been completed and are being readied for release as we speak. They should become available in the next couple of days."  So here we are Aug 12 and no further information, did they hit a snag? is there more things broken from the hotfix?  All we are saying is that it just needs a comment every now and then to let everyone know what is happening and whether we will see our beloved CRJ700/550 birds flying at their best again.  The majority of us are very devoted to this plane and talk it up all the time.   Call me impatient all you like, not really im just a loyal customer seeking some information.   

Just upvoted, because of the downvotes...

I agree, with what Seth said, having read the complete thread and ALL of the/his comments.

Just downvoting with no comment is childish btw, imo.

Oliver

I also agree completely. But please guys keep this thread clean of hate and i'm sure they will get the message (to have better communications).

Edit: And stop that up/downvoting thing, we are ALL in the same boat and hoping for the same thing.

Archived