CRJ Still causing CTD

DJBlacklight

HI, I have the latest version of MSFS and the CRJ and reinstalled both yesterday.  All aircraft working fine apart from the CRJ still.  Still getting CTD during the initial load and have never actually had it working at all. Always causing CTD during the loading, either cold and dark or starting mid air etc..

I have been through the forum but not sure if this was supposed to be fixed or if everyone is still in the same boat and waiting for a patch to fix this

Just thought I would ask in here as can be difficult to keep up with what is fixed and what is still pending.

Clear/delete the rolling cache on options and build it back again from scratch.

I also was having constant CTD yesterday and this alone fixed it.

Flown flawlessly a couple of times since the fix with the CRJ (1h each flight), plus other planes. edit: It (may) not be the addon.

Additional notes: Might as well be good to reinstall the CRJ if the download time is not a factor on top of clearing the rolling cache.

In my experience, the aircraft loads and functions perfectly, unless I use the restart function. Upon restarting the flight, for example when it loads unresponsive with panel lighting on, if I try to restart I get instant CTD. Would appreciate any input if anyone has experienced this.

Cheers!

8 hours ago, DJBlacklight said:

HI, I have the latest version of MSFS and the CRJ and reinstalled both yesterday.  All aircraft working fine apart from the CRJ still.  Still getting CTD during the initial load and have never actually had it working at all. Always causing CTD during the loading, either cold and dark or starting mid air etc..

I have been through the forum but not sure if this was supposed to be fixed or if everyone is still in the same boat and waiting for a patch to fix this

Just thought I would ask in here as can be difficult to keep up with what is fixed and what is still pending.

What is your CPU... exact model?  you can find that in device manager or about this pc.

23 hours ago, Czar66 said:

Clear/delete the rolling cache on options and build it back again from scratch.

I also was having constant CTD yesterday and this alone fixed it.

Flown flawlessly a couple of times since the fix with the CRJ (1h each flight), plus other planes. edit: It (may) not be the addon.

Additional notes: Might as well be good to reinstall the CRJ if the download time is not a factor on top of clearing the rolling cache.

Rebuilding it now to see if that helps.

1 hour ago, DJBlacklight said:

Rebuilding it now to see if that helps.

Tried the rebuild but still CTD during loading. I have the Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

5 hours ago, DJBlacklight said:

Tried the rebuild but still CTD during loading. I have the Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

That is your Issue sadly....  a 3rd Gen Core CPU is not supported by MSFS...  The Minimum supported is a 4th GEN.  This is covered in multiple threads here.  After Update 4 this all happened when they changed how they load the Encrypted files and they require an Intel Instruction set that was introduced with the 4th Gen series of processors.  The BMI 2 instruction set is not available in your processor and that is what MS is using.  In the future as more 3rd party products of this level or other features in MSFS are developed support for CPUs that are older than the minimum spec will not be able to work...

Here's what you need to run Microsoft Flight Simulator | OC3D News

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Here was the original post when the discovery was finally uncovered by Asobo and Aerosoft...

• Deputy Sheriffs

We're already seeing older processors being excluded from new products and updates with Windows 11. With that one, there are processor capabilities necessary to support software security that aren't available in older CPUs. So while they'll still run Win 10, once updates and especially security updates cease on October 14, 2025, those running the older CPUs will have to weigh staying with an OS that's no longer patched or upgrading their CPU (or depending on motherboard, their whole computer) to run then current Windows.

18 hours ago, LesOReilly said:

That is your Issue sadly....  a 3rd Gen Core CPU is not supported by MSFS...  The Minimum supported is a 4th GEN.  This is covered in multiple threads here.  After Update 4 this all happened when they changed how they load the Encrypted files and they require an Intel Instruction set that was introduced with the 4th Gen series of processors.  The BMI 2 instruction set is not available in your processor and that is what MS is using.  In the future as more 3rd party products of this level or other features in MSFS are developed support for CPUs that are older than the minimum spec will not be able to work...

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Here was the original post when the discovery was finally uncovered by Asobo and Aerosoft...

Ahh I see. Gutted as I  have the highest spec processor that I can fit into my motherboard socket, so wont be able to just upgrade it, will need new motherboard as well.  I guess it could be time for a new PC in that case :)

It runs perfect on high across the board on all other aircraft so its a shame but its a good excuse to get a new PC anyway haha:)

32 minutes ago, DJBlacklight said:

Ahh I see. Gutted as I  have the highest spec processor that I can fit into my motherboard socket, so wont be able to just upgrade it, will need new motherboard as well.  I guess it could be time for a new PC in that case :)

It runs perfect on high across the board on all other aircraft so its a shame but its a good excuse to get a new PC anyway haha:)

Yeah This is not a case of the Speed of the processor.. and in fact if you notice they never put a speed with minimum required.  I know the feeling of when the PC get's to the point that "upgrades" just means ... NEW everything...  

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived