Cannot push 747QOTSII profiles to P3Dv5

After filling up my primary SSD I moved some things to a second SSD including P3D.  I had to reinstall QOTSII and the -8 and reinstalled the Configurator as well.  I initially activated P3D and pushed the default profiles to it instead of loading the downloaded QOTSII yoke and throttles too.  Once I realized the step I had skipped I loaded both the QOTSII yoke and throttle profiles and attempted to activate them individually but never got a positive response and when I look in the Add-Ons drop-down menu in P3D all I see is entries for the default yoke and throttle.  What m I missing?  Thanks in advance.

• Aerosoft

Dear David,

Did you activate PMDG in the configurator ?
(see screenshot below)

Please login to display this image.

Best regards.

Yes, I did.  What I should have wrote previously was "I initially activated PMDG."  My apologies.  But all that displays under Add-Ons in the drop-down menu in P3D are references to the default throttle and yoke and not the QOTSII entries.

• Aerosoft

No problem David.

I suppose you also clicked "Activate Current Profile", right ?

In the main Configurator screen, the name of the current profile appears on the lower part of the screen.

Do you confirm the PMDG747 profile name appears ?

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

Hi David,

there seems to be some confusion regarding the naming of the menu entries in sim:

They don't change names depending on what profile you have selected in the ConfigTool before. You select and activate whatever profile you want for Yoke and Throttle in the ConfigTool and then Reload Bindings for both in sim. Anyhow, the menu entry namings never change.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 12:02 PM, SimWare said:

No problem David.

I suppose you also clicked "Activate Current Profile", right ?

In the main Configurator screen, the name of the current profile appears on the lower part of the screen.

Do you confirm the PMDG747 profile name appears ?

Thanks.

Yes, the profiles "PMDG_747QOTSII_Yoke and _Throttle" displayed after I had loaded them. I 'Activate[d] Current Profile' in each case.  Then I loaded P3D, loaded a PMDG 747 and the profiles do not function as configured.

When I did this initially after acquiring the hardware and before I shifted all my P3D program files to the new SSD this was a much more straightforward process.  So I'm still at an impasse.

• Aerosoft

Hi David:

just to confirm: none of the buttons and none of the LEDs are reacting in-sim with the QOTSII?

If you select "Reload Bindings" from the in-sim menu, do you also get the confirmation, that the QOTSII profiles are loaded?

Other than that, I am suspecting that your moving around of things "might" have messed something up registry-wise, so that the ConfigTool cannot successfully perform the PMDG activation...thus there is no data link between the Bravo and the PMDG. But that is currently just a guess.

17 hours ago, BenBaron said:

Hi David:

just to confirm: none of the buttons and none of the LEDs are reacting in-sim with the QOTSII?  Yes, that is correct.

If you select "Reload Bindings" from the in-sim menu, do you also get the confirmation, that the QOTSII profiles are loaded?  Yes, I do get the confirmation you mention in each case.

Other than that, I am suspecting that your moving around of things "might" have messed something up registry-wise, so that the ConfigTool cannot successfully perform the PMDG activation...thus there is no data link between the Bravo and the PMDG. But that is currently just a guess.  That seems plausible.  What do you recommend?

• Aerosoft

David,

as I'm currently not in range of my simming machine I'm also not 100% sure of the paths and naming conventions. But in one of your PMDG folders there should be a file called "QOTSIIOptions.ini"..or alike. If you can attach that here, I can take a look as to whether Data Broadcast is enabled.

Archived