is the 1.0.6 released ?

laurent andre

Hi, 

i saw some patchnotes but it looks like it's not yet released ?

( i have no update notification on the store and after an uinstall / reinstall of the CRJ it's still in 1.0.5) 

Anyone confirm ? 

If so, it's strange to post "patchnote" way before releasing the module ( except if the module is avail outside the MS store ) 

• Deputy Sheriffs

No, it's not yet released yet. (as of 0630 UTC August 10). As for release of the patch notes early, why not? They simply say what will be fixed as a minimum, and lots of people want to know this information now instead of waiting for the software to be written and tested. True, many patch notes come out when the patch does, but there's no reason why, as above, they can't come out early too.

You don't write patches that are "done" at some arbitrary date (like last Friday) and then do notes for what you've managed to fix. Releases often work that way but not patches. Patches fix (or try to) issues in releases.

2 hours ago, Herman said:

True, many patch notes come out when the patch does, but there's no reason why, as above, they can't come out early too.

Thanks for your answer Herman. 

I Agree, Except it can create some confusion for customers seeing patch notes and looking for the related version, asking to support etc..  ( me for example but i'm pretty sure i'm not alone here ;) ) . Now i know that i must wait for the patchnote ( /loop) ... joking

The more appropriate white smoke should be official post in new release i guess.

Archived