No Lights on bravo throttle quadrant

Hi,

been away from the sims for a short while but i just discovered an issue with my bravo throttle quadrant  regarding the lights on the quadrant which had been working and still do on my p3d installs.

however in msfs they have stopped working .

I noticed that in my contents folder the afc bridge shows as not installed but is in my community folder.

i have uninstalled  the afc bridge folder redownloaded and reinstalled the latest msfs fix for the lights from the aerosoft site to no avail.

from what i have read this may be the reason i cannot get the lights to work but no matter what i try in msfs i cannot get it to recognise the afc bridge as being installed.

I remember there being an issue with 3rd party programs showing as not installed but were actually working. 

I had this but with the various sim updates since this looks like it was fixed except for the afc bridge in my case 

any ideas?

thanks

• Aerosoft

Hi Mazelda,

First very basic step is to check if the lights electrically work.
Please use this test utility  :
https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/files/file/6080-honeycomb-bravo-throttle-christmas-tree-application/

Then, if lights are ok, I would reinstall the configurator again with administrator rights.

- Fully uninstall the curent configurator.
- Start MSFS as administrator (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

- Load a flight

- Close MSFS

- Reboot your computer

- Make a fresh install of the configurator, starting the installation application as adminstrator. (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

- Start MSFS as adminstrator. (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

Thanks.

Hi,

I noticed that in my contents folder the afc bridge shows as not installed but it is in my community folder.

I have uninstalled the afc bridge folder redownloaded and reinstalled the latest msfs download from Aerosoft.

The Bravo Throttle works, but I have no lights.

MSFS is the very latest update.

In the MSFS Addons Linker, AFC_Bridge appears but under the title it states "could not read the manifest.json file"

I have reinstalled all my 10 MSFS discs, updated completely.

Regards Brian

BJ from OZ

exe.xml log_as_honeycomb_msfs.log

All lights work with the Bravo tester.

But having followed the instructions: 

- Fully uninstall the current configurator.
- Start MSFS as administrator (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

- Load a flight

- Close MSFS

- Reboot your computer

- Make a fresh install of the configurator, starting the installation application as adminstrator. (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

- Start MSFS as adminstrator. (right-click, "Execute as administrator")

Still NO lights

Regards Brian

BJ from Oz

log_as_honeycomb_msfs.log BuilderLogError.txt exe.xml

• Aerosoft

Hi,

Do you confirm AFC_Bridge.exe is installed as follows ?
C:\Users\baxte\AppData\Local\MSFSPackages\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe

What else do you have in the \bin\ folder ?

Thank you.

Hi ,

Add me to the list  I have carried out what you requested. All lights work with the test program 

When i created my install I used a custom location for the msfs install so my community folder is E:\Flightsim drive\MSFS2020\community\AFC Bridge\Bin

And have the same 2 files as baxterbj in that folder 

MSFS still shows AFC_Bridge as not installed

All My other addons that are in the community folder work perfectly so MSFS sees the folder fine

Thanks

hi,

I found a sort of solution on avsim forums and it DOES work for me at least.I've not fully tested everything but I do now get lights.

when I run the sim Hopefully your guys can figure it out and create a fix.

ok so here is what they said and what I did

In the afc bin folder that is in your community folder copy and put the afc bridge exe file as a desktop short cut. make sure you give it admin rights.

Start msfs in admin mode although I don't think this is neccessary. when you have created your flight and are ready to hit fly, run the afc bridge exe from your desktop then hit fly. Once your flight is loaded you should have your lights back.

It has worked twice for me but its by no means an ideal solution hopefulyy with this info Ben can figure out why and offer a fix

cheers

• Upvote 1

• Aerosoft

Hi guys,

we are aware of an issue where for some reason for some people the autostart of the LED application by msfs fails.

If, after starting into main menu, the "Honeycomb Bridge Module" does not show up for you in task manager (maybe also hidden under the msfs application itself), mazeldas solution above is a quick work around.

We are also in the process of creating v2.2 of the complete HC configurator package which should add full MSFS support..with this comes a new install procedure which possibly fixes that autostart problem as well.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Aerosoft

Hi Brian,

make sure you start the application when the sim is loaded into main menu, not when you are already loaded into the flight.

Currently it's summer and holiday time so things are slow..but I'm planning to come back to 2.2 next month. 

Thanks Ben

Regards Brian

On 8/21/2021 at 4:34 PM, BenBaron said:

Hi Brian,

make sure you start the application when the sim is loaded into main menu, not when you are already loaded into the flight.

Currently it's summer and holiday time so things are slow..but I'm planning to come back to 2.2 next month. 

BJ from Oz

• 1 month later...
  • Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Martin Vlas said:

Has there been any progress regarding the preparation of an upgrade to a newer version?

Thank you for the info.

Hello Martin,

We are now making some tests.

It should be released in a couple of weeks.

Best regards.

• 2 months later...

is there any updates to this because i just bought mine yesterday and i have the same problem with the lights not working but with the bravo light tester they do. what do i do now???

• Aerosoft

On 18.12.2021 at 16:44, dyorden sagte:

is there any updates to this because i just bought mine yesterday and i have the same problem with the lights not working but with the bravo light tester they do. what do i do now???

Hi,

for the time being, please look into the workaround from above. Nothing else to share for the moment.

Can I just add my 2p worth.

I am having exactly the same difficulties as the other correspondents (above).

For me, also,  the "workaround" does not work.

I realise that this is a bad time of the year with holidays and all that, however any news on the 2.2 update would be most welcome, even a beta release would be helpful (if you are looking for any testers!!)

Many thanks and seasons greetings to all.

Al

I am one of the many who has this software installed properly and has to use the workaround. A couple of hints and a solution. Be sure that ALL peripherals are plugged in and ready to fly before starting the sim. Don't bother with removing things from your community folder... if there were a mod that broke the Bravo you can be sure we would have heard of it by now.

The answer is "Better Bravo Lights" mod. When you run it, it takes out the real entries for the lights in exe.xml (doesn't uninstall the Bravo software). If you uninstall "Better Bravo Lights" it puts the entries back.

This mod just works for me. Lights working all the time. No need to manually launch anything. Having said that, a mod may ruin other things and whoever is responsible for the Bravo functioning as it says on the box ought to get this fixed rather than rely on home modders. One final thought : the Microsoft Store  - and indeed the silly protected space on your drive used by the sim - are re-arranging themselves to be more like Steam, soon. Which means that Aerosoft (or Honeycomb) might just be waiting for that to happen.

Have not given any link to the mod as the person running this forum is welcome to if its appropriate. I found it easily enough.

• 2 weeks later...

My bravo lights stopped working for some reason, first it was the auto pilot light , then the gear light stopped, now none work. I tried the christmas tree app to test the lights and this is what I got, I dont understand any of this, any help would be appreciated. 

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'HidLibrary, Version=3.2.49.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'HidLibrary, Version=3.2.49.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
   at HC_Bravo_ChristmasTree.Form_Main.OpenDevice()
   at HC_Bravo_ChristmasTree.Form_Main.button1_MouseClick(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseClick(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4420.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HC_Bravo_ChristmasTree
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/smuff/Downloads/.ptmp175699/HC_Bravo_ChristmasTree.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4400.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4360.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4390.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4190.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Core
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4455.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_C
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml
    Win32 Version: 4.8.4084.0 built by: NET48REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• Aerosoft

Hi Smuffy,

Do you mean you got this debug message when launching the Christmas Tree application ?
Can you send us a screenshot ?

Thank you.

• Aerosoft
On 11.1.2022 at 13:19, smuffy sagte:

My bravo lights stopped working for some reason, first it was the auto pilot light , then the gear light stopped, now none work. I tried the christmas tree app to test the lights and this is what I got, I dont understand any of this, any help would be appreciated. 

Hi,

do you have the HidLibrary.dll in the folder of the HC_Bravo_ChristmasTree application?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Is there any news on v2.2? For me the bridge software doesn't start automatically and I need to start it manually in the MSFS menu every time. Would be nice if it just started by itself cause often I forget and it's just one more thing to be aware of. 

Thanks, Shaun