Blank Aerosoft Updater

Hello, today I downloaded the MSFS Paderborn Lippstadt airport and when I opened the ASupdater that came with it, the Installed Products section was blank as shown below:

Please login to display this image.

although the XML file was in the products folder. I looked at some old discussions of this same problem and therefore opened MSFS to see if it would detect the products, restarted my computer multiple times, and reinstalled the airport, yet this problem is still occurring. Something I think might be causing this issue is that the ASupdater is installed in my admin account and not my main account, although in the setup I had no choice about where to install the files. Does anyone have any clue on how I can fix this problem? I will provide my logs, config and the asupdater.xml file. 

ASUpdater.cfg asupdater.xml ASUpdater_App_Log.txt

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, Wesley Ou said:

although in the setup I had no choice about where to install the files.

To be clear, there is no separate installer for the ASUpdater. It is installed withe the product you bought. It is always located here:
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Aerosoft\ASUpdater

17 hours ago, Wesley Ou said:

that the ASupdater is installed in my admin account

This could indeed be the problem. Usually you have 2 Accounts on your machine:
- Administrator

- user xyz

If you login as Administrator and install software which ends in the user directory, like the ASUpdater, you have no access to it, when you login with a different user.

And to make it clear:

Running an installer by right clicking on the exe and choosing "Run as Administrator" is something completely different than logging in as Adminstrator and installing something.

Vor 1 Stunde, mopperle sagte:

And did you start MSFS, closed it and checked ASUpdater again?

Yes, you`re right! I reinstalled all addons, launched MSFS and then checked the updater. And now, everything is back there! Thank you for your nice hint 😉

• Deputy Sheriffs
14 minutes ago, Wesley Ou said:

Would there be any way I could "force" the ASupdater to install on my main account and not the administrator account?

Well, the force is you: by logging into your Windows with the account you want the ASUpdater (and btw the internal data of ALL your installed Windows applications) to be stored into.

Simply never login into Windows as Administrator to install software, but instead use the "run as administrator" from the right click context menu. This is true for all your Windows applications since Windows 7.

However I am logged into the account I want the ASUpdater to install on, which is my main account and not the administrator account, and when I open the installer software for the airport it tells me that it will install the ASUpdater on the administrator account although it should be installed on the main account. That is what I am wondering, how can I install it onto the non-administrator account?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Please show a screenshot of the installer window telling you that.

Also, please open a Windows command prompt (CMD.EXE), type in "SET", press "ENTER" and send a screenshot of the output here as well.

Here is the screenshot of the installer telling me it will install the ASUpdater onto my admin account. My administrator account is named "wesle" and my main non-admin account is named "Wesley".

Here is the screenshot of the command prompt output:

• Deputy Sheriffs

Have you started the EDLP installer as administrator?

This was necessary in many cases in the old FSX times, but with MSFS this is not necessary anymore.

Do you get the same result when you run the EDLP installer as your regular user?

Archived