Wrong takeoff runway at EDDH

RogePete

Hi there,

since I fly from EDDH (also before SU5), I have a rwy issue on EDDH. Using live weather, the wind is good for 23 to take off. Checking in the MSFS world map, it says 23 for takeoff. Wind is about 220/xx. But everytime I spawn at the gate and prepare for takeoff, ingame ATC gives me rwy 5 instead (wind is still the same).

Since there was a similar issue with EDDB - which has been fixed by the developer - I asked myself, if it could be the same issue with EDDH?

Thanks.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Which EDDH? The SimWings or JustSim? If the former, did you buy it from Aerosoft or in the in-game Marketplace? If the JustSim product, you'll need to go to their site, as this forum is only for support of products sold by Aerosoft.

It's quite possible that this is just another issue with the in-game ATC. It does lots of dumb things.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably riding a dead horse here, but I confirm there's clearly an issue with rwy23/05 and Simwings EDDH. Choosing RWY23 as starting point in the world map spawns the aircraft on RWY05 and vice versa. Live Traffic is using RWY05 with wind from 230°, but is seemingly aiming for RWY23 touchdown zone.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Mathijs Kok

any news on the runway issue? Since SU5 I'm a bit reluctant in buying new addons anyway. I see many airports having issues and I don't see anything happening - either on the Asobo side or the addon dev side. I know, issues like the disappearing / broken jetways need to be fixed (even fully identified first) by Asobo. I see the the desperate posts in the official MSFS developer forum. It seems like nobody is moving on. And when I say, I'm reluctant, I don't mean that as a threat. I just feel a bit worried, buying new scenery right now, which may or may not work correctly.

I don't know. Maybe MSFS was released to early...

I have noticed a similar issue with Liverpool Airport from the World Update UK... Plan a flight from runway 27, and ATC guides you to runway 09. I have filed a ZenDesk issue for it, and no response (issue was closed so probably added to the internal bug tracker), so do not know the cause...

Archived