SAM Windows not showing

Good day,

I've got SAM Suite and all the plugins associated installed. When I load X-Plane, I go to plugin menu and select SAM then Aircraft Operation System, or Colors & Seasons, or anything (except Authoring tools) and nothing happens. I've checked the log and it doesn't appear to show any errors. It's as if perhaps it's loading off screen or something. 

I am currently running at 3840x1080, I did have a 7680x1080 setup at one point, however I have since reinstalled x-plane, and the SAM Suite many times since then to try and fix this situation.

Any suggestions? I'm at a loss to make this work at this point haha. I tried to submit a support ticket but their system seems to have issues with the captcha not working so tickets won't submit.

• Administrator

Hello Micheal,

do you using Windows or MacOS?

I have tested SAM (base plugin v2.2.9) here with 3840x1080 (Windows 10) and it works fine. X-Plane 11.55.

Please try to run the sim in window mode instead of fullmode ... only for a test.

And with windows run the sim with admin rights (right mouse button). And as I know the Microsoft C++ libraries have to be installed:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/140594-important-infos-about-windows-c-libraries-and-more/

With some airports it is an idea to reload the airport. Best way close X-Plane 11 with the menu and then start it an load the airport again.

Or is the issue with all (more) airports?

Can you send us here your Log.txt as an attachement? (not as plain text please).

Greets Heinz

Greets Heinz,

You did give me an option to try that I hadn't thought to try yet, launch in windowed mode. When I did so I noticed at the very very edge of the screen the AOS window when I opened it and I Was able to grab and drag it. Now to try and ifgure out how to reposition the color & seasons window. Opening it doesn't show any hints so I'm certain it's just far off to the edge.

• Administrator

Hello Michael,

ok, thank you for the info. And yes it seems that the second window is out of the range of the monitor resolution.

But I must check it here too...

May be it is an idea to ask the developer for that problem too.

The adress is:

https://stairportscenerieshelp.freshdesk.com/support/home

There also you can open a Support ticket with the developers Stairport.

Also may be a reset of the X-Plane 11 preferences is an idea:

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/153967-reset-the-x-plane-11-preferences/

Greets Heinz

Archived