SU5 Hotfix 2 Released

Vicinian

• Deputy Sheriffs
6 minutes ago, tribejagd said:

By the way... I am really wondering why there is not more frequently an update. This would be (if I remember right) the second one for the CRJ. With the update for next week, there are not only SU5 issues changed. Why couldn't we get updates more often?

This is now the 5th or 6th update since the intial release. And yes, this update includes various fixes also outside the scope of SU5 changes. Remember also that the CRJ 900/1000 has been and still is under active development during this time as well.

You can read the full changelog on 1.0.6 update here: https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/165810-statement-regarding-the-delay-of-the-crj-9001000/&do=findComment&comment=1051277

Currently flying the CRJ 700, the speed bug seems to be solved. Also with other flights earlier today no more CTDs contrary to the many, many I had the days before (especially when using Live Weather). HF2 seems to be a step in the right direction. 

2 hours ago, TomAce said:

So no chance of a release this weekend if the testing is a success?

Why would someone ask others to work on the weekend so they can spend the time playing on the computer.  AS folks have families, friends and life outside of work.  

1 hour ago, tribejagd said:

By the way... I am really wondering why there is not more frequently an update. This would be (if I remember right) the second one for the CRJ. With the update for next week, there are not only SU5 issues changed. Why couldn't we get updates more often?

Because that is not the way it works.

13 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Why would someone ask others to work on the weekend so they can spend the time playing on the computer.  AS folks have families, friends and life outside of work.  

How dare they have lives outside work

While been following this whole SU debacle I've purchased the CRJ and flew a bit after Hot Fix 2. Some bugs here and there and waiting patiently for AS update.

Words of encouragement for the devs and workers: it is palpable the love put into this aircraft. Take care of yourselves during the weekend. Virtual skies can wait, health won't.

3 hours ago, tribejagd said:

Sorry, but that is such a stupid answer...

Why, because it is reality?  Because only AS can dictate when updates come out?  Because AS really has no obligation to say when they come out and if they do that is just a courtesy announcement?  You threw out the stupid work, yet seem to need beyond normal explanation of how the real world works.  How about you explain why?

vor 45 Minuten, Crabby sagte:

Why, because it is reality?  Because only AS can dictate when updates come out?  Because AS really has no obligation to say when they come out and if they do that is just a courtesy announcement?  You threw out the stupid work, yet seem to need beyond normal explanation of how the real world works.  How about you explain why?

I have no problem if a developer is  collecting issues, solving them or add aditional functionalities and publish an updated release. There is alot of work in an add on like the CRJ and it's for a software releases totally normal that there are some bugs inside. But as you can see at the release notes for the upcomming build, there are things solved, which has nothing to do with the SU5 update. So why where those issues not updated some weeks ago? Do you have to wait as a publisher with your new release build until there is a bug or an issue which has an "red alarm"? I don't think so. 

Sure, it makes more fun creating new add ons and other products as solving conflicts. Beside that with new products you can generate new sells. Especially with a new software it's totally normal that the first time there are more updates... 

I don't blame anyone, I just take the opinion that no one will break their legs if certain issues would fixed earlier. So, I hope I have complied with your request giving you further input regarding my opinion.

Regards

22 minutes ago, tribejagd said:

I have no problem if a developer is  collecting issues, solving them or add aditional functionalities and publish an updated release. There is alot of work in an add on like the CRJ and it's for a software releases totally normal that there are some bugs inside. But as you can see at the release notes for the upcomming build, there are things solved, which has nothing to do with the SU5 update. So why where those issues not updated some weeks ago? Do you have to wait as a publisher with your new release build until there is a bug or an issue which has an "red alarm"? I don't think so. 

Sure, it makes more fun creating new add ons and other products as solving conflicts. Beside that with new products you can generate new sells. Especially with a new software it's totally normal that the first time there are more updates... 

I don't blame anyone, I just take the opinion that no one will break their legs if certain issues would fixed earlier. So, I hope I have complied with your request giving you further input regarding my opinion.

Regards

A quick search of this forum would have revealed the knowledge that AS cannot, by agreement, release updates before Asobo gets them on the marketplace.  So timing, frequency etc have a lot to do with Asobo.  So again, you way is not the way it works.  Also, any bit of knowledge about programming would lead to the understanding that many times when one thing is fixed another is broken in the process and must be fixed.  So developers most work to close the loop on a limited number of fixes in any given time frame.  After that it must be tested.  After that it must be given to the powers that vet and add things to the store.  After ALL of that is done, updates can be released, assuming of course that the base program does not receive an update in the mean time that wrecks all the work done and they have to start over.  You are assuming that the "things solved" while not having anything to do with SU5, were not affected by SU5.  Assuming is not a smart thing to do.  So once again, the answer to your question is because it does not work that way. 

15 minutes ago, tribejagd said:

Regards

Well as they stated back almost I guess a month ago...  They were fixing and testing many of those issues.  After SU4 there was a bunch of issues that the customer base had... some of which I am sure consumed a lot of resources as they had the sim crashes and  crash to desktops that they just could not figure out.  Turned out it was that there were lot's of users with CPUs that did not meet the MSFS minimum requirement.  Turns out Instruction sets not supported on these old CPUs.

Why bring this up... well they said that they were doing testing and wanted to wait for SU5 to release before going through the entire process to release.  Seems like even with access  to a  BETA .. something changed and there were still some issues (since the release was containing something they had  not seen either... HF2 fixes that item).  Now what we don't know and definitely they can not tell us is other information pertaining to the "Why"...  Even the open Beta testers had to sign NDAs that actually prevent them from talking about anything after the fact and  not just during.  Some have spoken out and that is their option.

MSFS Updates are "Mandatory" and with each one in recent time they have broken a lot....  I can see  why if you were  already fixing items in preparation for the update (cause you have the beta..) that you just are not going to drop a release until after it is out and the dust settles....  

They have to submit to the Marketplace and that has to go through a "review".  Sometimes it goes fast and other times it can go slow.

In the "past" we would with other SIMs have the opportunity to "chose" when to upgrade.  Devs would also flag issues and then sign off when they were tested and/or release their update.....  It's a little backwards now.  MS/Asobo says it's time to upgrade and in the last couple we have had serious issues after the update and they don't care.... "empty your community folder"....."3rd party dev issue..".

SU4 saw them Break the WASM standalone modules and they knew about it 2 weeks ahead of release and did not care until after it was out then worked to resolve it.  Even the included SDK example would crash the sim.... So yeah was not a "3rd party issue"...

At this point I think our issue as the customers is with how MSFS has decided the way things will work is the way they will work :( .....

On 8/7/2021 at 5:45 PM, tribejagd said:

A software release is not a trivial thing. You have a lot of ducks to get in a row. Beside the changes necessary to fix the issues with SU5, the project is still in active development, meaning there are other fixes and new features. So in order to release the update for SU5 (which forced the development schedule to be changed), you have other updates/features where you need to check if they are also ready for release now, or they need to be excluded for this release. Also you need to test the release, perhaps both in-house and together with beta-testers, not for forget that in the end MS/Asobo decide when the release becomes available within MSFS. So there can be a lot of time being "wasted" with very frequent updates.

• Aerosoft
2 hours ago, pellelil said:

A software release is not a trivial thing. You have a lot of ducks to get in a row. Beside the changes necessary to fix the issues with SU5, the project is still in active development, meaning there are other fixes and new features. So in order to release the update for SU5 (which forced the development schedule to be changed), you have other updates/features where you need to check if they are also ready for release now, or they need to be excluded for this release. Also you need to test the release, perhaps both in-house and together with beta-testers, not for forget that in the end MS/Asobo decide when the release becomes available within MSFS. So there can be a lot of time being "wasted" with very frequent updates.

I am not sure why you voted this down, tribejagd, as the comment from pellelil is absolutely correct. 

5 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I am not sure why you voted this down, tribejagd, as the comment from pellelil is absolutely correct. 

Children stuck in a virtual cereal aisle with no parents and anonymity.  A persons true morality and personage comes out when no one is looking and that is what the internet allows.  Frankly if this were my board, I would turn off all the upvote/downvote stuff (I actually did on my companies board).  It serves no purpose other than the formation of little forum gangs.

In the end people don't want to hear any "truth" other than what plays into their already made up minds.

Vor 1 Stunde, Crabby sagte:

Children stuck in a virtual cereal aisle with no parents and anonymity.  A persons true morality and personage comes out when no one is looking and that is what the internet allows.  Frankly if this were my board, I would turn off all the upvote/downvote stuff (I actually did on my companies board).  It serves no purpose other than the formation of little forum gangs.

In the end people don't want to hear any "truth" other than what plays into their already made up minds.

vor 7 Stunden , Mathijs Kok sagte:

@Crabby

First:

It is outrageous to call myself in this contex as a child just because I have a different opinion and see things from the clients side.

@Mathijs Kok

Second:

As you normally knows as best as an admin in this forum, we user can not see who votes what.

It's a shame that you embarrass me in public and  put me against the wall. I wrote you some weeks ago, that it feels for me, that you only understand your developer view. There are every now and than posts of you where I really ask myself if you are knowing who finally pays your income....

I worked 16 years as a product manager in a hardware and software company for access control systems and act as a liaison between our clients and the engineering. Believe me Mathijs, you can learn from me the little 1x1 of the sales and customer support behavior.
It's your job to represent our customer interests in your company. We should strengthen you being able to move projects and "mountains". 

But... you put your customers against the wall in public of your forum, so that others find synonyms like "children" for them....

letting us in our impression, that we customers are disturbing the professionals of Aerosoft and should better fly the tutorials in endless  loops...

Regards

P.S Mathijs:

I ordered for 4.000 EUR Hardware and Software this year at Aerosoft!

53 minutes ago, tribejagd said:

@Crabby

First:

It is outrageous to call myself in this contex as a child just because I have a different opinion and see things from the clients side.

@Mathijs Kok

Second:

As you normally knows as best as an admin in this forum, we user can not see who votes what.

It's a shame that you embarrass me in public and  put me against the wall. I wrote you some weeks ago, that it feels for me, that you only understand your developer view. There are every now and than posts of you where I really ask myself if you are knowing who finally pays your income....

I worked 16 years as a product manager in a hardware and software company for access control systems and act as a liaison between our clients and the engineering. Believe me Mathijs, you can learn from me the little 1x1 of the sales and customer support behavior.
It's your job to represent our customer interests in your company. We should strengthen you being able to move projects and "mountains". 

But... you put your customers against the wall in public of your forum, so that others find synonyms like "children" for them....

letting us in our impression, that we customers are disturbing the professionals of Aerosoft and should better fly the tutorials in endless  loops...

Regards

P.S Mathijs:

I ordered for 4.000 EUR Hardware and Software this year at Aerosoft!

LOL no one knew you voted down the the post.  Mathijs only said "you".  However you were not content with being anonymous, then you tried to stick the term "children" in his mouth.  So yes, that is very child like behavior as is the thought you expressed that you have little to learn.  Also child like is the throwing around of how much you spent as if that deserves some special treatment.  Let me throw something out for you to possibly learn.  At my company, clients are all treated the same regardless of how much money they have spent, or for that matter if they have spent ANY money at all.

Archived