Weight Question

Looking through the following document: Vol1_Aircraft Operating Manual_Part-1 on Page 35-36 (Take-off Data).

A discrepancy I am finding that I am trying to determine if I'm not doing something correct or if an error in the Operating Guide example:

If I take the weight, 70,000 and go to quick reference guide on page 57 for 70,000 pounds. The speeds here do not match up at all with the speeds listed in the Operating manual.  The example in the operating manual mention pressure is 0 and it's < 10 degrees C. Therefore V1 and Vr should both be 129 as the Operating Manual example says we'll be using Flaps 8. But the Operating Manual example says V1 and Vr are both 138.

Are the docs incorrect or am I doing something wrong?

One other issue I found is in the tutorial doc. It starts us off during pre-flight with flaps at 8. But after takeoff in climb it says for us to move flaps to 8. But they’re already at 8…

I feel the tutorial doesn’t do a good job on handling flaps during our climb. 

Archived