Powerback not working A320

VZ626

Good Morning,

My powerback is not working on the A320. I know that Airbus does not recommend powerback due to FOD risks, but I do not have a pushback addon and it is the only way. Is the powerback just not modelled on the A320?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Powerback is rarely used meanwhile and not recommended at all for a  lot of reason. Not sure which sim you are using, but for pushback you do not need a specific add-on. It is just a feature of the sim.

• 2 weeks later...

I am aware of the default pushback, but the default pushback a. (Does not turn left or right with the Aerosoft A320) and b. (Is not precise enough for flying on VATSIM when a ramp controller tells you to push a certain direction.)

THRUST REVERSE LIMITATIONS 

Selection of the reverse thrust is prohibited in flight.

Backing up the aircraft with reverse thrust is not permitted. ⬅️⬅️⬅️⬅️⬅️

Maximum reverse should not be used below 70 kt. Idle reverse is permitted down to aircraft stop.

As you say before, since this feature is a limitation, is not modeled by Aerosoft A320 ( not normal operation )

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, VZ626 said:

I am aware of the default pushback, but the default pushback a. (Does not turn left or right with the Aerosoft A320) and b. (Is not precise enough for flying on VATSIM when a ramp controller tells you to push a certain direction.)

Still not knowing which sim and Bus you are using. But it has a built in pushback functionality which is explained in the manual.

Using Shift-P and 1/2 is not the only option, last I checked there were a few freeware push back applications available (Google is your friend) although I must say that anyone of the payware versions are well worth the money.

Best wishes!

Archived