Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000

wdiekmann

• Root Admin
24 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

I was simply asking if it will take a few days as the Markplace is normally slower then direct downloads from developer sites, nothing more. Just glad it was fixed. 

I understand, I just do not know the answer.

vor 6 Stunden , Herman sagte:

When the update drops, should we undo the earlier fix AS posted that involved the WASM fast mode through the Developer menu?

Well, i can not talk for Aerosoft but you should definitely do that. The fast WASM compiling is not really intended for daily use. Unless you need it for a workaround, of course...
EDIT: I see Hans has already answered... :)

5 hours ago, canadagoose said:

Thanks for the update. Just one thing, on the fix list I do not see any mention of the "HUD" display issue where the "click" spot to stow the HUD does not work. There were several workaround suggestions, but I thought this was on the list for the upcoming Update.

Regards

Don´t edit film grain on usercfg.opt file.

• CRJ Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

1.0.6.0 Update 6 (for Sim Update 5)
- Fixed startup flag reset after engine spoolup (PACKS OFF Lt and CAS message)
- Fixed missing symbols on MFD
- Formula correction for IAS calculation
- Fixed L/R selection in MFD Menus
- Fixed Audio panel volume controls for COM radios
- Several fixes in aircraft.cfg files (airline names, callsigns etc.)
- Flaps indication "1" on EICAS for lever position 1 (physical flaps position = 0)
- Fixed PA/CALL/EMER pushbutton lights
- Camera zoom increased for FCP and Fuel/Defuel Panel cameras
- Camera angle changed for EFB camera
- Fixed setting reserve and taxi fuel on loading a flightplan
- Disabled thrust reserver unlock during cold&dark
- CRJ-550/700 flight model updated
- Fixed Radius to Fix legs
- Fixed a condition where the value for a minute could become 60 and an hour could become 24
- Added math library provided by Asobo to fix airspeed indicator issue
- Fixed shadow center camera
- Added high quality flag for textures (no longer default setting in SU5)

A couple of other fixes that can be added to this list:

GS capture (which was broken by SU5) is fixed.

VOR course sync for a tuned VOR now works when pressing the center of the left or right CRS button on the autopilot control panel.

Confirmed that the autopilot will capture and fly a selected VOR radial in NAV mode. (Green needles)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Any comment towards what changed with the flight model? I'm personally hoping ground effect tuning, curious either way. No worries if the answer is not readily available, will find out soon enough. 

• Upvote 1

• Tom changed the title to Statement regarding the delay of the CRJ 900/1000
7 minutes ago, Moridin said:

Will GS capture and follow work on ILS appr correctly? Or am I doing something wrong - have to land manually at the moment.

I think that answers Your question: 

7 hours ago, JRBarrett said:

GS capture (which was broken by SU5) is fixed.

Could I ask a clarification pls? In order to have the fast WASM compiling you would need to have enabled it yourself first? In other words the default behaviour is the slow/standard compiling?

I wasn't sure I was getting it. Seemed more like a discussion of two people "in the know". :D

• Aerosoft
45 minutes ago, ktomais said:

Could I ask a clarification pls? In order to have the fast WASM compiling you would need to have enabled it yourself first? In other words the default behaviour is the slow/standard compiling?

I wasn't sure I was getting it. Seemed more like a discussion of two people "in the know". :D

Correct. The Fast WASM Compiling is an option in the Developer Tools that can be enabled with the DevMode turned on. It's intended for developer use to enable a quicker way for the developer to check things after changes and by default is turned off and will remain turned off unless specifically turned on.

• Thanks 1

• CRJ Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, daan_vb said:

This is great news

Do you know if holds are working yet?

I have not tested holds recently, so not sure of the status there…

• Root Admin
4 minutes ago, daan_vb said:

Part of the MSFS hotfix notes made reference to the fix for the CRJ airspeed issue so I imagine we'll need to wait for the hotfix before the CRJ patch can release

No, that was a change we could do on our end with new files from Asobo.  I expect the update to come along shortly.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Thank you to all at Aerosoft for the updates. 

May I please respectfully enquire about the weather / terrain WASM data interaction issue, and whether this has been addressed, or at least recognised, by Asobo?

I’m not chasing Aerosoft at all, as I recognise that issue is beyond your reach at this time, I’m just reaching out for any news. 
Again, thank you.

Fabio

• Root Admin
10 hours ago, Fab10 said:

Thank you to all at Aerosoft for the updates. 

May I please respectfully enquire about the weather / terrain WASM data interaction issue, and whether this has been addressed, or at least recognised, by Asobo?

I’m not chasing Aerosoft at all, as I recognise that issue is beyond your reach at this time, I’m just reaching out for any news. 
Again, thank you.

Fabio

No, we still do not have access to that data. Asobo knows about this of course and we are sure they will find the time to fix it.

32 minutes ago, vahtmestar said:

Just out of curiosity, what kind of technical "problem" we are talking about that caused delay on expansion? 

You can have a look at the thread, but if I remember well, its related to a WSAM file or something like this

• Root Admin
22 hours ago, ManyPandas said:

Any idea when we could see the update to the CRJ? It's not available on the Aerosoft shop yet, nor is it in the ASUpdater.

I fully understand the frustration. But in the CRJ project there are some special circumstances that complicate matters. I can assure you that this on the front burner. The second we can release it will be made available. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs
2 minutes ago, Hugo_J said:

You're right, but no need to be rude... :(

Sorry, but it gets annyoing when more and more people permanently jump in and start complain about missing updates, but do not read a few posts back

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

• Deputy Sheriffs

This thread is temporarily locked because the tone is going downhill fast. When Winfried or Mathijs have something to share, they will. Immediately! There is no need to ask for updates because they will let us know when there's something concrete to announce.

There's also no need for "How close are we?" or "When is the release?" posts. Therefore, many of those in the last few days are hidden as they add no value. Software development is not a linear process. So a reliable and accurate estimate of release time isn't usually possible. As Mathijs notes in this post, this has front burner priority, so it's getting worked as fast as possible:

For those downvoting moderator posts, please knock it off. Factual statements of how things work aren't up for debate.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 6

• Herman locked this topic