SocietyIslands4XPlane - Society Islands Scenery for X-Plane

I am pleased to announce that Albert and I teamed-up again to create another scenery package for X-Plane:

SocietyIslands4XPlane. In a first step we focus on Bora Bora & all the other Leeward Islands: Raiatea & Tahaa, Huahine, Maupiti and Tupai – to name just the major ones. As usual for our creations, you can look forward to a custom terrain mesh combined with custom overlays, a couple of airports and a bunch of helipads – everything bundled in a single package.

Please login to display this image.

In this thread I will keep you informed about the progress. Further information can be found in the developer blog. First articles are already available, further will follow shortly. You can also follow us on Facebook so you don't miss any news.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just in case, someone missed the lastest article about the airports included in the "Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" package of #SocietyIslands4XPlaneLook forward to Bora Bora Airport (NTTB), Raiatea Airport (NTTR), Huahine – Fare Airport (NTTH) and Maupiti Airport (NTTP), and in addition the airfield on Tupai (NTTU). Here are a few selected snapshots from two of the listed locations:

Bora Bora Airport (NTTB):

Raiatea Airport (NTTR):

More snapshots and info can be found in the most recent article on my website.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 20.8.2021 at 14:43, maps2xplane sagte:

Look forward to Bora Bora Airport (NTTB), Raiatea Airport (NTTR), Huahine – Fare Airport (NTTH) and Maupiti Airport (NTTP), and in addition the airfield on Tupai (NTTU)

In addition to the five airports, #SocietyIslands4XPlane also includes a selection of exciting helipads. Here are two of them:

Read more about the six helipads in this article.

BTW: If everything goes well, it won't be long until the release 😉

• Like 1

The wait was worth it: "Society Islands XP – Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" is now available in the Aerosoft Shop. So then let’s go: Welcome to Bora Bora and the Leeward Islands, the western part of the Society Islands in the South Pacific. Stunning atolls, sandy beaches and mountainous islands covered by tropical forests are waiting for you!

Included are a custom terrain mesh with custom overlays (vegetation, buildings, road-network with dynamic traffic), as well as detailed renditions of five regional airports (Bora Bora, Raiatea, Huahine – Fare, Maupiti, Tupai) and six helipads. Further information in the developer-blog and in the official release announcement.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

A first shot of our latest Terrain Mesh 😎

Yes, our work on #SocietyIslands4XPlane continues as planned! Currently focused: Tahiti & Windward Islands. More detailed info will follow soon! Until then, enjoy the already released scenery pack Bora Bora & Leeward Islands!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just visited Bora Bora! Looks very good at first glance in X-Plane 12.00b1:

Well, there are some minor issues with the sea, but that's already reported to LR... So far so good! This allows us to fully focus the development of Tahiti & Windward Islands, the sequel to already released Bora Bora & Leeward Islands. Developer-Blog: #SocietyIslands4XPlane

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Great News: Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands has been updated! The new version fixes a few issues with the terrain mesh (seabed) for X-Plane 12 beta/early access, and features updated airport configurations, i.a. taxi/ATC routes and ramps. A more extensive update of Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands - which will then also make use of new X-Plane 12 features - is planned for a later date, when X-Plane 12 is in a more advanced stage.

Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands awaits you with tropical atolls and mountainous islands, five regional airports (Bora Bora, Raiatea, Huahine – Fare, Maupiti, Tupai) and the Pago dropzone of Tahiti Nui Helicopters on Bora Bora, as well as five additional helipads. More detailed information on the product-page and in the developer-blog.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
vor 3 Stunden schrieb smithw84:

I'm blown away by how good this scenery makes x-plane 12 look! Plus it runs well on my relatively mediocre gaming pc :)

Thank you very much for your feedback, that pleases us 🙂

Spoiler

P.S. We're working hard on the sequel of Society Islands XP: "Tahiti & Windward Islands"

A first update of "Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" is out, what next? Curious? Alright, then I've some exciting news for you:

The two-part series "Society Islands XP" will be continued - and that very soon! After focusing on the first part "Bora Bora & Leeward Islands" last year, this year the focus of the development was on the second part "Tahiti & Windward Islands". And that development is almost finished!

Without revealing too much, Faa'a International Airport (NTAA) on Tahiti, Moorea Temae Airport (NTTM), and an exclusive airfield on Tetiaroa (NTTE) await you soon! Complemented, as usual for our sceneries, with custom terrain mesh and overlays! Here are some first impressions:

Follow this thread, as well as our developer blog and FB page to don't miss any news!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here an overview of which islands the two-part series of Society Islands XP covers with two independent products. Although only simple maps, they give a good idea of the coverage of each scenery pack, as well as the various landing-sites included - click twice, to see the full-resolution maps:

Society Islands XP - Bora Bora & Leeward Islands (released)

Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands (imminent)

For the upcoming release Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands I will publish soon some more information in a few articles in the developer blog #SocietyIslands4XPlane. I will keep you posted, stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
vor 20 Stunden schrieb smithw84:

I can't wait for Tahiti, I do so much flying around there.

We are also very excited! But it will still take some time... In the meantime, a few more screenshots:

I'll keep you posted: In this thread, on FB and on the developer blog.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Short info: A first article on the developer blog about the landscape and coverage of our second part of #SocietyIslands4XPlane is online 👍 Whether you prefer to explore small atolls with stunning coral reefs, or large islands with high mountains, you will surely have a lot of fun exploring "Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands" 👉 https://wp.me/p6ojUJ-18x

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

It's time for some more news about Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands, the sequel to Bora Bora & Leeward Islands: While I was busy updating our other scenery packages to X-Plane 12, Albert stayed in the South Pacific and did an excellent job there on the three Airports that will be included in the extensive scenery package:

Faa'a International Airport (NTAA)

Moorea Temae Airport (NTTM)

Tetiꞌaroa Airstrip (NTTE)

More about the individual destinations, as well as numerous additional screenshots, in the latest article on the developer blog.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Short news on Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands: We are very busy to finally complete this extensive project, and are currently testing the lastet Alpha version. A great opportunity to give you a few insights into what happened behind the scenes in the last couple of weeks:

We already informed that the Landscape (terrain mesh) and the Airports are already finished: But: We weren't particularly happy with the first version of the Overlays we had, and so we decided to invest a little more time. And what should I say, I'm really happy about this decision:

What's next? Shortly we'll bundle a first Beta, and while the QA team will be busy testing, we will focus on one last remaining task: We want to provide also three hospital helipads in addition to the three airports. More on that soon: In this thread, on the developer blog, and on FB.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Short news update on Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands: The scenery package has been "feature complete" for some time now, the beta tests are close to a successful end, and the release is already in preparation. To shorten you the time until then, I invite you to read the latest posting on our developer blog:

As already announced - in addition to the three airports and airfields - we have now also included three heliports in the scenery package. The helipads belong to hospitals on Tahiti and Moorea. Specifically, these are Taaone (NTHP), Taravao (NTHV) and Afareaitu (NTHF), all implemented in exceptional detail. Here're some first screenshots:

More info and screenshots in the latest posting on the developer blog!

• 2 weeks later...

Great news: The time has finally come, Society Islands XP - Tahiti & Windward Islands is now available in the Aerosoft Shop! Waiting for you are a unique tropical landscape, three airports and airfields - Faa'a Intl (NTAA), Moorea (NTTM) and Tetiaroa (NTTE), as well as three heliports - Taaone (NTHP), Taravao (NTHV) and Afareaitu (NTHF).

All info and tons of screenshots in the release announcement on our website!

• Like 1

Oh man I loved this addon back in XP11. Spend many a' hours here with my Turbo Otter. I wish I could have this now in MSFS as I've made the switch complete for some time now. But at least I have the memories 😅