Trim too sensitive since SU 5

Hi, just another comment as I was astonished that it was not highlighted so far here in the forum.

Since Update 5 the trim is far to sensitive to adjust with trim buttons to get a stable leveled flight.

It's again a purely Asobo issue as also the small Chessna's cannot be properly trimmed anymore as the trim is reaction far too fast.

I observed the same on the CRJ and it makes it a lot more difficult to land manually and find a stable approach path (up ...down..up..etc)

Again..no fault from Aerosoft just maybe you can vote on MS Forum to get this one also fixed by them asap to make flying the CRJ again easier.

thx

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-elevator-trim-doesnt-work-as-pre-su5-and-its-impossible-to-fly/428197

Marc

• Aerosoft
On 8/3/2021 at 7:37 AM, mschultzi said:

Hi, just another comment as I was astonished that it was not highlighted so far here in the forum.

Since Update 5 the trim is far to sensitive to adjust with trim buttons to get a stable leveled flight.

It's again a purely Asobo issue as also the small Chessna's cannot be properly trimmed anymore as the trim is reaction far too fast.

I observed the same on the CRJ and it makes it a lot more difficult to land manually and find a stable approach path (up ...down..up..etc)

Again..no fault from Aerosoft just maybe you can vote on MS Forum to get this one also fixed by them asap to make flying the CRJ again easier.

thx

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/bug-logged-elevator-trim-doesnt-work-as-pre-su5-and-its-impossible-to-fly/428197

Marc

Hi Mschultzi,

Do you use some hardware to operate the trim ?
If yes, wich one and how is it assigned to the trim functions in MSFS ?

Thanks.

• Aerosoft
51 minutes ago, g5crj said:

I have notice this as well. I'm just using the thrustmaster airbus sidestick.

Did you assign buttons to the trim functions ?
If yes, wich ones ?
Thank you.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo.
Dual Trim switch input as standard on the Alpha and the Trim wheel on Bravo.
Trim is much more sensitive than before. Have not tested with other aircraft. Unknown if it is a general MSFS bug(but seems like it) or CRJ Bug(less likely).
Can give mulitple trim value inputs by a single tap, can be hard to fine tune, easy to over og under trim

17 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Mschultzi,

Do you use some hardware to operate the trim ?
If yes, wich one and how is it assigned to the trim functions in MSFS ?

Thanks.

Hi Simware,

I use the Thrustmaster T16000M Hotas system.

I assigned a button to jog up and down on the Thrustlever

Really the fastest tab is screwing up the trim already completely.

The smaller the plane the higher the impact.

Marc 

Please login to display this image.

• Aerosoft
3 hours ago, mschultzi said:

Hi Simware,

I use the Thrustmaster T16000M Hotas system.

I assigned a button to jog up and down on the Thrustlever

Really the fastest tab is screwing up the trim already completely.

The smaller the plane the higher the impact.

Marc 

Hi Marc,

Please see this little video.
I assigned two buttons to ELEVATOR TRIM UP and ELEVATOR TRIM DOWN.
Plane in use is the C152.
Does this look to fast for you ?

34 minutes ago, SimWare said:

Hi Marc,

Please see this little video.
I assigned two buttons to ELEVATOR TRIM UP and ELEVATOR TRIM DOWN.
Plane in use is the C152.
Does this look to fast for you ?

Hi,

thx for this Video, very difficult to evaluate as I don't look the trimwheel when flying the sim.

On this video it looks like it's fine.

I'll have to reproduce this this evening on the sim myself and see whether it goes faster.

Nevertheless the issue is highlighted now also by the MS Forum Community manager and a lot of users seem to have real issues with it.

I guess Asobo will come with a fix.

Nevertheless I try to reproduce what you showed in the video and see if the trim reacts the same if it is OK to trim the plane.

Thx for your help

Marc

On 8/5/2021 at 3:36 PM, SimWare said:

Yes please, let me know.

Let's compare the results.

Thanks Marc.

Just simulated the same you did and come to the same result and sensivity.

I managed also to trim somehow acceptable but only with ultrashort pushs of the trimbutton...Asobo should go back to the old sensivity before SU 5.

CRJ was definetely easier to trim before, but maybe that is only subjective..

1 hour ago, SimWare said:

Just to clarify, do you mean you come to the same result as mine or as yours ?

Thank you.

It looks the same than yours..seems to be normal now...

On 8/4/2021 at 2:14 PM, Moridin said:

I can confirm I noticed this too. So happy to have a trim wheel on the Bravo. 

Had a windy landing today. Trim is harder to control despite the wheel. Any ideas if we can lower the sensitivity somehow?

• Aerosoft
19 hours ago, Moridin said:

Had a windy landing today. Trim is harder to control despite the wheel. Any ideas if we can lower the sensitivity somehow?

Hi Moridin,

Currently I don't know.

I doubt there is something to be done at the hardware configuration level.

However, I will search for some workaround and let you know if I can find something

I don't make any promises...

Thank you.

10 hours ago, SimWare said:

Hi Moridin,

Currently I don't know.

I doubt there is something to be done at the hardware configuration level.

However, I will search for some workaround and let you know if I can find something

I don't make any promises...

Thank you.

I still hope that Asobo will come with a fix or at least a possibility to adjust sensitivity, it was really better before SU 5 and a lot more people are complaining in the MSFS forum.

The trim is an elementary part of flying an aircraft and should work properly (to be fair it works properly but I doubt that on a real CRJ it is reacting so fast)

By the way, when you look at youtube videos of real CRJ landings, pilots are really landing the aircraft by trimming it constantly out to the GS and just make small adjustments with the elevator (gusty conditions)

Nevertheless thx for your efforts.

Marc

On 8/4/2021 at 3:41 PM, SimWare said:

Did you assign buttons to the trim functions ?
If yes, wich ones ?
Thank you.

Sorry I missed this. Just the default bindings, I never assigned or changed them. Once SU5 came, it became too sensitive as some people are describing.

Thank you.

• Aerosoft
5 minutes ago, g5crj said:

Sorry I missed this. Just the default bindings, I never assigned or changed them. Once SU5 came, it became too sensitive as some people are describing.

Thank you.

Hi,

No problem, so ELEVATOR TRIM UP and ELEVATOR TRIM DOWN.
Still checking a way to damper that.

Thanks.

• Aerosoft

I find this issue highly confusing as there seem to be many people who see it and many people who do not see it.  That seems to indicate the update messed up some setting. Is there anybody who sees this who started with a 100% clean axis and button assignment?  I myself, after cleaning all files, are not able to see this issue in the  CRJ.

For me it depends on the aircraft. For the Cesnna 152/172 its way to sensitive after SU5, but for the TBM its ok (using Thrustmaster HOTAS)

EDIT: But only elevator trim. Aileron trim is fine.

11 hours ago, Crabby said:

People using hardware should know how to adjust the sensitivity of the input.  It's in the controller profile. 

Unfortunately not possible by Hardware setup as the button is digital, means activated/not activated.

Therefore I guess it is more a software issue (speed of trim adjustment when pushing)

It has been shown by simware in the video that with different hardware it shows the same behavior (button pushed / trim change too fast)

When you check the link at the forum start you can see a lot of users with different airplanes with the same issue.

It is not only a CRJ issue, I just wanted to share my experience with other users and get a confirmation.

It was far better before SU5 and trim reacted not so fast when pushing the up/down button

It somehow goes but it is far less easier then it was before..you really need to click only ultrashort the trim button for small corrections, but you never get it really nice trimmed.

This is not now the end of the world but should be if possible reviewed by Asobo to make the simulation experience again better.

I had the Saitek Trim Wheel effectively working irrationally after SU5. Deleted all entries and recreated them (including Sensitivity settings) and it's working fine again, at least in the C172/C152.

Kind regards, Michael

the issue is not hardware related. I have two buttons assigned and tried also with other buttons but the issue persist and I can confirm, like others here, that the issue depends on the airplane.

Try the default C172 or C152 and trim is super sensitive.

Try the XCub and you have to spend hours holding the button for a result.

The CRJ I noticed is also on the sensitive.

The amusing part is that asobugs at bordeaux are not able and have not commented on the trim thing. They are not able to comment if they have or have not changed anything with trim.

This leads me to think that they are not aware if they changed it or not, perhaps some other side effect of their uncontrolled and untested updates.

Best educated guess: the issue could be related to the new cockpit interaction layer, haven't tested with "legacy" (nice name there)

So yes, it is airplane dependent, some are very sensitive, some are under sensitive, some appear unaffected.

Archived