CRJ & Google Chrome

pilota57

As already reported in the post:
  https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/161424-engine-shutoff-when-alt-tab-in-vr/&do=findComment&comment=1028209

I point out that I also have the CRJ shutdown if I bring Google Chrome to the foreground.

Starting the CRJ in cold & dark
I perform the checklist steps with the connected GPU: IRS, Fuel Panel, FMC pos init etc.

If I recall Google Chrome where I have the Simbrief flight plan, the CRJ returns in almost complete "cold & dark".

This does not happen if I use Mozilla Firefox with the same steps.

Strange but true.

Is there a possibility of some interference between Chrome and the CRJ?

Thank you

1 minute ago, mopperle said:

And did you check your assignments as suggested in the topic you quoted?

Sure, just verified and I dont have any related assignment.

In any case I dont use Alt-Tab to call Chrome in foreground but via mouse click on taskbar.

Doing the same operations with Firefox instead Chrome dont reset the CRJ.

In any case thank you for attention.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Is by any chance the chrome icon on your taskbar directly over the EFB controls? MSFS still registers clicks even if you click outside the simulator window for example on your taskbar or even the other screen. So if the Chrome icon sit over one of the EFB panel stages this panel stage would also engage when you click on the chrome icon.

22 hours ago, Secondator said:

Is by any chance the chrome icon on your taskbar directly over the EFB controls? MSFS still registers clicks even if you click outside the simulator window for example on your taskbar or even the other screen. So if the Chrome icon sit over one of the EFB panel stages this panel stage would also engage when you click on the chrome icon.

Thank You...later I will verify but it seems me that happends also if I recall Chrome with ALT-TAB keys.
In any case I will report.

@pilota57 hi there. I do use Chrome as my main WebBrowser and do not have any issues with it in combination with the CRJ. I also have 2 monitors: 1 where my sim runs and another for e.g. browsing and it simply works. I have also tried ALT-TAB when Chrome is on the Sim Monitor and nothing happened.

22 hours ago, Secondator said:

Ok, as per Your suggestion I move the Chrome minimized button in taskbar to a right position.
In attached picture my original EFB and Chrome minimized position tab and I think You are right. Probably if I click on Chrome the click goes also to the EFB.
Thank You

Please login to display this image.

46 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@pilota57 hi there. I do use Chrome as my main WebBrowser and do not have any issues with it in combination with the CRJ. I also have 2 monitors: 1 where my sim runs and another for e.g. browsing and it simply works. I have also tried ALT-TAB when Chrome is on the Sim Monitor and nothing happened.

Thank you for attention...I also think to use Chrome on a second monitor. As per my previous post it seems that my "reset" problem depends from mouse click area sensitivity.
bye

• Deputy Sheriffs

Because we believe this topic has been answered we have closed it. If you have any more questions feel free to open a new topic.

Archived