CFD [Not Connected], A330 Professional, P3D v5.2

FilbertFlies

Hello,

I've spent the morning trying to get CFD to work on the A330 but to no avail. I think I have read every thread under the sun about this, and have tried the following:

• Every step of the OVPA guides, including forwarding ports 6881 & 6882 on UDP (and TCP as someone suggested this was required). These are given as the ports to forward for the FSX/P3Dv3 version, but no ports are given for the 64 bit versions in the guide so perhaps these have changed?
  • Every step of the "Airbus Professional Uninstall and Reinstall Procedure" PDF
  • Connecting via Hamachi (which I know isn't recommended, but which some people seem to have had some success with). We were able to connect to each other and ping each other successfully.

We both have 1.0.5.0 installed and there were no experimental updates available in the AS Updater. We're both running P3D v5.2.

The issue is as follows:

• When either of us goes to the CONNECTED FLIGHTDECK page of the MCDU, we see [NOT CONNECTED] no matter what we do.
  • We are able to toggle CONNECTION between ON & OFF.
  • Neither of us is able to create a session (clicking the CREATE SESSION LSK does nothing).
  • Connection type can be toggled between PF & PM.
  • Seat Select, Sync Displays & Dual Input are not toggleable. I'm not sure if they're supposed to be.

I've attached  my CFD.cfg file (which I'm pretty sure is as it's supposed to be) and my CFD_Log.txt

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Filbert

CFD.cfg CFD_Log.txt

The OVPA Guides won't help you for the Sever Based Connected Flight Deck which is used with the Airbus Professional aircraft. 

Being unable to get a connection with Server Based CFD usually means the CFD server is down.  Unfortunately, you can count on this occurring from time to time.  The only way to correct this is email support@aerosoft.com and ask them to reset the server.  If this occurs during a weekend then it will be nearly impossible for the server to get reset until the following week.  DO NOT KILL THE MESSENGER on this subject, I'm only explaining how things are.

Best wishes to you my friend.

Thanks for the reply Dave. I wouldn't dream of killing the messenger. 😄 

Someone has now sent us a file called CFD_A330.cfg, which is identical to CFD.cfg apart from the file name, and now we're both able to press connect and connect to the server. We haven't had a chance to actually see if we can connect to each other yet but will be testing it out this evening. I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Filbert

Well, CFD_A330.cfg worked. As I said above, it's exactly the same file as CFD.cfg but with a different file name. I re-tested CFD.cfg to see if it was a coincidence, and the server just happened to have been reset in the interim, but no - CFD.cfg showed [NOT CONNECTED] and CFD_A330.cfg connected first time. 

I can't quite believe that the A330 Professional has shipped with an incorrectly-named file because I imagine you would have had hundreds of support requests and that this would've been fixed by now. But at the same time, we could've saved ourselves four hours of struggling if we'd installed the aircraft and had a CFD_A330.cfg rather than a CFD.cfg! So this is probably something that could do with being fed back to whoever needs to know about it for some testing and some fixing.

Cheers,

Filbert

• 1 month later...
On 9/9/2021 at 4:59 PM, jkatz098 said:

This is still an issue, if you use the CFD.cfg file shipped with the A320, it doesn't connect at all.

Tried renaming to CFD_A330.cfg like above and still nothing

Hi Jkatz,

I tried renaming to CFD_A320.cfg and that worked to get the green 'connected' at the bottom. From there though I was unable to create a session, so still doesn't work.

8 hours ago, Gareth Allen said:

Hi Jkatz,

I tried renaming to CFD_A320.cfg and that worked to get the green 'connected' at the bottom. From there though I was unable to create a session, so still doesn't work.

Yeh same issue with mine. Been told twice by different support that it’s fixed and then someone from support told me it’s not even supported. 

Seems like no one knows what’s actually going on

Archived