A330 - Low Frame Rate on P3D v5.2 HF1 with Enhanced Atmospheric

pshkong

Hi,

Just want to share my experience on the A330 with enhanced atmospheric turned On on the P3D v5.2 HF1.

My computer is not the most advance but can handle 24 fps stably with complex add-ons.  I found that if I have EA on, the computer has to work very hard on the A330 and fps can go to below 10 fps.  Once I turned off EA, it behaves normally again.

I am sure Aerosoft is investigate this issue and understand that P3D v5 is unstable.  Just want to share my experience if other people encountered the same problem.  Turning EA off for the bus may be a good workaround for long.

Cheers

Phil

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

I am sorry, but I cannot confirm your observation. I just ran some tests and the FPS with and without enabling EA on my system is nearly the same. I like the current EA version (using it with ActiveSky and ASCA) and are really satisfied with what I see. Maybe your problem is specific and based on other related weather settings like volumetric clouds, clouds draw distance etc. Do you have the same experience with other planes, Aerosoft Airbusses or is it A330 specific? Please give it a try again......

Cheers,

Rolf 

May be that's the volumetric clouds because my weather setup was in thunderstorm and 4km vis, ceiling 2000 ft.   I use ActiveSky Beta.

I can only tell there is significant difference on fps between EA on / off for the same setting.  May be that's just my settings.

Just a side note, I have no fps problem with the same settings (same weather, same scenery) on the PMDG, so I guess my computer is OK to handle the load. 

• Deputy Sheriffs

I also use EA and ActiveSky (7877) but with ASCA (7668) instead of Volumetric Clouds (set to OFF) and get great results (visual clouds and sky effects) - but no FPS drops. Could you please check if you have also those problems with the other Aerosoft Airbus models or happens it with the A330 only?

Cheers,

Rolf 

• 1 year later...

Sorry if I bring out this old thread again. 

I have also had this problem for almost 3 years...

But now I think I have found the cause:

Apparently the Predictive Windshear function has a problem with the Enhanced Atmospherics.

As long as I don't switch on PRED W/S, the A330 runs without problems even with Enhanced Atmospherics active, and long-haul flights are possible again!

Maybe it will help someone else....

• Thanks 1