MSFS SU5 + Hotfix CRJ observation

DMullert

• Deputy Sheriffs
10 minutes ago, bluemoon51 said:

I'm guessing its not possible, but its a shame you can't revert MSFS to a version of your choice, that way while we are waiting for this fix you can still run the aircraft you want, speaking for myself until the CRJ is back the sin is basically just a screensaver to me

Microsoft does not offer such a possibility. There are some updates you can postpone, but the big major ones are always mandatory and can't be postponed nor reverted. 

With this Microsoft reduces the number of different MSFS versions being used drastically and therefore is able to keep up with support. Imagine a situation where users would still be able to use the initial release version from last year. It would simply be impossible to provide any meaningful support at all.

So, as uncomfortable this is in situations like now, where an update came with some problems, in general this approach is not that bad. 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guess this might have something to do with the delay on the CRJ update;

Please login to display this image.

source; [BLOG] August 12th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

just wish Aerosoft was able to push the update to their own updater after sending it over to MS, but I guess the contract prohibits that.

50 minutes ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

source; [BLOG] August 12th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

just wish Aerosoft was able to push the update to their own updater after sending it over to MS, but I guess the contract prohibits that.

Thanks for finding/posting that! That's quite unfortunate timing. I'm not sure how often Asobo updates the Marketplace, but I hope it's daily and not something like once per week.

I am quite curious about the non-Marketplace policy though. According to one of Mathjis' posts in the CRJ900/1000 thread, Aerosoft is allowed up release updates as long as they are submitted to Asobo and do not have to wait until they appear in the Marketplace. Comments from today seem to imply otherwise. I choose to purchase products directly through developers whenever possible for two reasons -- mainly so they get the full proceeds from the sale and find it worthwhile to continue creating products, but also in hopes of getting updates as they are completed rather than when Asobo decides to make them available. To be fair, direct customers were never promised faster updates so that was nothing more than a wish on my part and nothing that we're owed, but it would be nice to get clarification on what the policy actually is as there has been conflicting messaging. 

1 hour ago, Mort_the_2nd said:

If this actually was the case, Aerosoft have missed a super obvious and easy opportunity to provide actual customer service and provide some level of update, instead they are choosing to keep us in the dark and not actually provide timely updates and statuses. Aerosoft is playing the "first to market, only to market so we can do whatever we want" a bit too seriously.

On 8/1/2021 at 1:28 PM, tribejagd said:

@Mathijs Kok

Dear Mathijs,

do you know if Asobo or Microsoft where working this weekend? And do you know perhaps, if they have a personal rotation, so that they can work more as 8 hours? 

I am asking that, because it's very quite from the officials in social media, forum, etc....

I think you can understand asking something like that... We want to have a feeling for "whats going on", while we are waiting for solutions... :(

Regards

Markus 

Are you working this weekend?  I am sure your company's clients would love to get a weekend/afterhours update so they can have a feeling of what is going on while they wait for the company to open up again on Monday and offer solutions.

1 hour ago, Skylar Hutter said:

If this actually was the case, Aerosoft have missed a super obvious and easy opportunity to provide actual customer service and provide some level of update, instead they are choosing to keep us in the dark and not actually provide timely updates and statuses. Aerosoft is playing the "first to market, only to market so we can do whatever we want" a bit too seriously.

Unmitigated BS.

2 hours ago, Skylar Hutter said:

In these 2 sentences you infer that Asobo is making this up and that Aerosoft is sitting around intentionally not providing an update?  You think they are supposed to send you an Asobo post that states publicly there are no updates?  What other conspiracy theories do you want to "create"...  do you actually think people have this kind of a mentality or are you just reaching so you can go off on someone because you spent 50 bucks on a piece of software?

3 hours ago, Skylar Hutter said:

Oh please, there is no conspiracy here. You might not agree with how Aerosoft is handling this -- and I can understand not being satisfied with the communication about the delays -- but to suggest they are intentionally upsetting or trying to take advantage of customers is ridiculous. I guarantee they are as frustrated about this as we all are. If they sell a product, they want it to be well-received for sales, reputation, lesser support burden, and morale. There's no reason to doubt that resolving this is one of their top priorities at the moment...they're not just sitting there laughing and counting their money.

5 hours ago, Aplato said:

Oh please, there is no conspiracy here. You might not agree with how Aerosoft is handling this -- and I can understand not being satisfied with the communication about the delays -- but to suggest they are intentionally upsetting or trying to take advantage of customers is ridiculous. I guarantee they are as frustrated about this as we all are. If they sell a product, they want it to be well-received for sales, reputation, lesser support burden, and morale. There's no reason to doubt that resolving this is one of their top priorities at the moment...they're not just sitting there laughing and counting their money.

Yes I must admit I was on marketplace yesterday and was stunned at how low the CRJ sat within their 5 star rating, below many products that are not even close quality-wise. It would make no sense whatsoever for Aerosoft to "take advantage" of their customer wise, lets not forget the customer base within flight simming isn't huge I'm sure as a business model it relies to a much greater extent on repeat purchases within their catalogue of products      

Vor 1 Stunde, bluemoon51 sagte:

Yes I must admit I was on marketplace yesterday and was stunned at how low the CRJ sat within their 5 star rating, below many products that are not even close quality-wise. It would make no sense whatsoever for Aerosoft to "take advantage" of their customer wise, lets not forget the customer base within flight simming isn't huge I'm sure as a business model it relies to a much greater extent on repeat purchases within their catalogue of products      

Noticed this morning as well. I assume it is not underrated because of the Product itself, which is one of the best out there....

But actually, there are not many aircraft which have a 4+ Star Rating in MS Marketplace. A bit of a shame for MSFS, i'd say.

Oliver

I‘ve given the CRJ a 5-star rating monthes ago, because it is still one of the best airplanes available for MSFS. Even though is it not working at the moment.

• Aerosoft
16 hours ago, nonobacher said:

The worst part is that it is also frustrating to see that this gamescom is still more important than the customers who expect to be able to use one of your products. I will continue to buy all your products, we define this obstinacy, this inability to separate, this deeply destructive love .... "Passion".

Hold on... that Gamescom thing is indeed very important, it's the biggest event in our industry. But I only mentioned it because it meant I was less online than normal and could not respond as fast as normal. But it had zero, nil influence on the release of the update.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Aplato said:

Thanks for finding/posting that! That's quite unfortunate timing. I'm not sure how often Asobo updates the Marketplace, but I hope it's daily and not something like once per week.

I am quite curious about the non-Marketplace policy though. According to one of Mathjis' posts in the CRJ900/1000 thread, Aerosoft is allowed up release updates as long as they are submitted to Asobo and do not have to wait until they appear in the Marketplace. Comments from today seem to imply otherwise. I choose to purchase products directly through developers whenever possible for two reasons -- mainly so they get the full proceeds from the sale and find it worthwhile to continue creating products, but also in hopes of getting updates as they are completed rather than when Asobo decides to make them available. To be fair, direct customers were never promised faster updates so that was nothing more than a wish on my part and nothing that we're owed, but it would be nice to get clarification on what the policy actually is as there has been conflicting messaging. 

As I written yesterday, things for the CRJ are a bit different from other projects. For this project (and this one alone) it was decided to coordinate with Microsoft.

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, Skylar Hutter said:

I am not even going to try to reason with you about this. If this is what you believe, I suggest you do not buy from us again.

• Aerosoft
9 hours ago, Aplato said:

There's no reason to doubt that resolving this is one of their top priorities at the moment...they're not just sitting there laughing and counting their money.

Now there is a thought.... lol.

But indeed, we have twice daily a talk with management about this to avoid even a minute of delay. Some of us even had alarm clocks set to be able to check mails on US time zones.  To see ridiculous conspiracy things in this seems to be fitting this moment in time. 

We do have a whole department that counts money btw, they do not let me get near our vaults.

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As I written yesterday, things for the CRJ are a bit different from other projects. For this project (and this one alone) it was decided to coordinate with Microsoft.

Thanks for explaining. As I understand it the MSFS Marketplace is only updated once a week, on Thursdays (except this Thursday because of technical issues).

I know by answers from several other developers for MSFS, at the moment it takes approx. two Thursdays until the update for their products come to Marketplace. Now since you have this special arrangement with Microsoft, do you think they will prioritize the CRJ-update so it doesnt have to wait for two more weeks from now? I have bought it directly from Aerosoft but as I understand it the update can not go live on AS-updater until it is also alive on MSFS Marketplace.

Anyway not a big problem for me since I have managed a few workarounds while waiting and it is good and fun to practice handflying the CRJ on all approaches.

Best regards and a happy weekend!

Jan

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Understood, I appreciate the clarification.

@Mathijs Kok and @Hans Hartmann

Thank you for the update of the lovely CRJ!! Thank you for your effort in everything! Thank you for trying to "keep cool" if we customers where a little difficult if things where not running as expect^^
Once again, thank you!

Regards
Markus

Please login to display this image.

• Herman locked this topic

Archived