MSFS SU5 + Hotfix CRJ observation

DMullert

Knobs for me are all kinds of screwed up.  Seems like click spots stop and start working intermittently. And the speed of course.  Just bring the bird over to XP we'll take good care of her for the next two years till Asobo gets tired of blundering about :). 

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vor 10 Stunden , matrosov sagte:

Knobs for me are all kinds of screwed up.  Seems like click spots stop and start working intermittently.

Please go under Control Settings and choose DEFAULT for the mouse profile. You will see that all the knobs work perfectly (except in VR - DEV is working on it). As you can find in the pinned FAQ post (also here on page 1 of this thread) the cockpit interraction changed with SU5.

Unfortunately, if you use a specific Mouse Profile, the new Cockpit interaction buttons will not be mapped correctly (they should be in the DEFAULT profile though). So load the profile then look for e,g, the Right Click assignement so you can add those to your customized Mouse profile.

• Aerosoft
On 8/1/2021 at 3:42 PM, RF pilot said:

To press the heading bug, first press the right mouse button and then press the left button, it works

Hi,

Indeed. Just for info : 

• Aerosoft
39 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

Please go under Control Settings and choose DEFAULT for the mouse profile. You will see that all the knobs work perfectly (except in VR - DEV is working on it). As you can find in the pinned FAQ post (also here on page 1 of this thread) the cockpit interraction changed with SU5.

Unfortunately, if you use a specific Mouse Profile, the new Cockpit interaction buttons will not be mapped correctly (they should be in the DEFAULT profile though). So load the profile then look for e,g, the Right Click assignement so you can add those to your customized Mouse profile.

Yes. Some mouse interactions have changed.
If you use pre-SU5 custom mouse profile, the new mouse system may not be implemented.
Please see this : 

vor 2 Stunden , matrosov sagte:

@GEK_the_Reaper

Thanks.  I am on default profile for the mouse but I turned off this horrendous lock control they've implemented I'm in legacy mode.  Does it mean that for now I should use the lock schema?

It doesn't matter if you are on lock or legacy. to push the inner button of the speed knob (or heading knob etc) you need to rightclick first, then leftclick. 

1 minute ago, Puuhbear said:

It doesn't matter if you are on lock or legacy. to push the inner button of the speed knob (or heading knob etc) you need to rightclick first, then leftclick. 

Yeap I figured that part out.  My issue wasn't with switching function, it was with  scroll really.  The the hot spots on the scroll knob would randomly disappear and reappear so I would be scrolling alt or speed knob and all of a sudden arrow dissapears and button goes completely dead and then after changing camera angles for ten minutes it would reappear again.  

38 minutes ago, GEK_the_Reaper said:

@matrosov no, you don't have to use the Lock mode (it only highlites buttons).

If the buttons work now (with the right then left click method) then you know that the other Mouse profile you had, was missing those specific button bindings.

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  I was always on default mouse profile.  What would happen for me is that scroll hot spots would randomly turn themselves off and on.  As in I would be scrolling a knob on the glare shield with a scroll wheel and all of a sudden the curve arrow disappears and no amount of hovering around brings it back and button basically goes dead and after a while it turns itself on again and I have my arrows  only to loose them again after a bit of scrolling.  

vor 11 Minuten, matrosov sagte:

Sorry I wasn't clear enough.  I was always on default mouse profile.  What would happen for me is that scroll hot spots would randomly turn themselves off and on.  As in I would be scrolling a knob on the glare shield with a scroll wheel and all of a sudden the curve arrow disappears and no amount of hovering around brings it back and button basically goes dead and after a while it turns itself on again and I have my arrows  only to loose them again after a bit of scrolling.  

oh... ok... haven't had that happening ever... 

Vor 1 Stunde, blntydmr sagte:

But when? 3 days passed after the hot fix release by microsoft.

Actually, 1 day past, maybe 1 and a half: a little bit of Friday and Monday. Give the devs some time to carefully test the update. That's better than additional hotfixes.

Well, same at every forum of every flight sim product....first forcing the devs to release asap ....than complaining about the bugs left ;O)

As a technician I experience that today's complex software products will never be finished, and as I've heard also software of real aircrafts is not bug free.

Realizing that....the longer we wait, the more issues will be solved.

Regards,

Herbert

On 8/9/2021 at 1:07 PM, Puukka said:

Well, same at every forum of every flight sim product....first forcing the devs to release asap ....than complaining about the bugs left ;O)

As a technician I experience that today's complex software products will never be finished, and as I've heard also software of real aircrafts is not bug free.

Realizing that....the longer we wait, the more issues will be solved.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

There is a lot of impatiences lately.

It will come.

Respectfully, it's the lack of communication that is killing me.  Radio silence for days as far as I know.  That, and paying for something that should have been working a long time ago.  How long has this plane not been catching an ILS glide slope?  Months!  Since the day it came out, actually.  How long has the speed brake been blocking keys on the MCDU?  Since the day it came out.

I'm seriously ticked off at Aerosoft and Microsoft right now, and I don't usually get ticked off about this stuff.  How about someone posts an update?  It's just not that difficult to do!  Just one little, simple update for every day that you (or Microsoft) don't/can't release an update.  You could hire an unpaid intern to do that.  

And, since I'm getting this off my chest - I'm not sure what deal Aerosoft signed with Microsoft, but this apparent contractual inability to release an update to customers who bought the product directly from Aerosoft until Giant Microsoft gets around to updating their feeble and terrible "marketplace" was a bad idea and I'm not buying another product until that issue is solved.  Other developers did not sign that deal apparently.

Thanks for letting me share my opinion.  

Joe

• Aerosoft

There has not been a lot of news because we had little to report and because a lot of us were busy with our gamescom event. Hans just made a statemement and that is exactly how things are at this moment.

The ´deal´with Microsoft is  a bit more complex and special for the CRJ, other projets have less limitation, AS far as we know those contracts are the same for every company, but I am not sure if they all fully follow that.

Please a bit more patience.

Again, being a long time customer at aerosoft and truly admiring the often colossal work that has gone into delivering such a great product and even though that argument is of no value around here, there are two lessons I have learned at aerosoft: patience must be a religion and that "soon" means between the second and the infinite, but much more often the infinite. The worst part is that it is also frustrating to see that this gamescom is still more important than the customers who expect to be able to use one of your products. I will continue to buy all your products, we define this obstinacy, this inability to separate, this deeply destructive love .... "Passion". Although I am convinced that even the word passion must have many other meanings for you. he is crazy you tell me? But if I'm crazy it's only you!

• Deputy Sheriffs

You are aware, that Mathijs referred to the gamescom only in regard of the communication here in the forum, not the finalization of the CRJ update, right?

As you posted into this topic yourself I am sure you have read this post from earlier today:

Yes of course. you know I post very little on this forum it is my third or fourth, the first concerned the superb A330 when it was released on P3D there were some disappointments which were quickly corrected and what a success, I rarely took so many fun on an addon. Before that the airbus series and the twin gave me all the satisfaction I needed. I understand you may not like my comment but believe me it's more the frustration of a real talking fan who is sorely missed by the CRJ.

I'm guessing its not possible, but its a shame you can't revert MSFS to a version of your choice, that way while we are waiting for this fix you can still run the aircraft you want, speaking for myself until the CRJ is back the sin is basically just a screensaver to me

• Herman locked this topic

Archived