Mathis and the good folks at AS...It's a lonely, cold world post SU5

Crabby

I set here unable to eat, sleep or work.  Not even the birth of my new grand daughter has been enough.  My left hand is on my Honeycomb Alpha and my right on the Bravo.  My mouse long ago worn out refreshing the latest version page hoping beyond hope to see the magic number 6 that will cure all the evils of SU5.  These are dark times.  I have over 200 business emails but I just put on an auto responder to say "Away from work waiting on CRJ update, will get back to you when I can".  They don't understand.  The only thing that will help is if you could just tell us when the update will be out.  I know, I will still have to wait for the update but there appears to be something magical about knowing the date.  Apparently it gives us hope, like a vaccine or mask, so we don't have to live in fear of being on 1.05 forever.  Could you imagine how that would be.  One second someone is at my door.....

It was my brother.  Sorry Mathis and good folks at AS I am going fishing and then to the rifle range.  No need to worry about responding to this as I have plenty to do while waiting for the 1.06.  Come to think of it, I have slept fine, work has been great and my new grand daughter is a whoot, not to mention watching the other two try and figure out why there is a new person hanging around.  

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, Crabby said:

I am going fishing and then to the rifle range.

Make a good catch! You have plenty of time, cause befoe a nother release we will have to see what the hotfix for MSFS will bring to us. ;)

FS2020 got so good, it turned us into flight sim junkies, counting the minutes until the next flight! 

Maybe it is a good thing the SU5 update mess keeps us from flying for a while. 

After all, there still is a real world out there 🙂

It's unfortunate, because the CRJ was broken for the entirity of the beta. Then asobo posted a patch for a "WASM gauges" fix and I got excited. But it did not fix the CRJ :( Hopefully MS is able to get things working quickly!

2 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry we are awaiting some feedback at this moment.  Loads of phonecalls the whole day.

Yes I was being my light hearted facetious self.  No need in my opinion to set a date.  There is plenty to do in life, I would hope for everyone, while waiting.  I just find it funny all the "can you please tell us when the patch is coming out because that helps a lot" crowd.  I imagine them in their parents basement with a bag of Cheetos and a Mountain Dew waiting on the MSFS hotfix and CRJ update.  

Cheers to everyone at AS!.  

1 hour ago, Skylar Hutter said:

It's unfortunate, because the CRJ was broken for the entirity of the beta. Then asobo posted a patch for a "WASM gauges" fix and I got excited. But it did not fix the CRJ :( Hopefully MS is able to get things working quickly!

This is confusing to me.  Up to the latest SU5 update from Asobo, the CRJ has been working without show stopping issues for me.

3 minutes ago, Crabby said:

This is confusing to me.  Up to the latest SU5 update from Asobo, the CRJ has been working without show stopping issues for me.

I assume he's referring to the closed beta of SU5 that Adobo made available to some users. If 1.0.5 is currently broken it makes sense that it would have had issues in the beta as well.

16 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

The WASM issues that was fixed (and we are very grateful for that) solves the issue that people who have non compatible (older)  CPU's (non compatible to the sim, not the add-on) now do not see the CTD when loading. 

So sounds kinda like 1 step forward 2 steps back on Asobo's part. Unfortunate, but hopefully things get working soon. Thanks for your work :)

3 hours ago, Aplato said:

I assume he's referring to the closed beta of SU5 that Adobo made available to some users. If 1.0.5 is currently broken it makes sense that it would have had issues in the beta as well.

Ahh that would make sense.  

13 hours ago, Crabby said:

"Away from work waiting on CRJ update, will get back to you when I can".  They don't understand.

What kind of dream job do you have? :D If I tell that to my customers at work, there would be quite some dark times ahead... 

15 hours ago, tushka280 said:

What kind of dream job do you have? :D If I tell that to my customers at work, there would be quite some dark times ahead... 

Well I do actually have a dream job.  I am an RF Engineer and I worked so hard for so long and spent so many hours away from home and family that now I work from home, basically when I want.  Now my philosophy has always been simple and it has provided me with an ample amount of free time.  Both keystones of how I approach getting out of bed everyday (not just Monday through Friday) were learned from Zig Ziglar in the early 80s and coupled with a strict moral code instilled by my parents and honed by the Marine Corps have provide me and my family a wonderful life.  So here goes, the two philosophies I implement everyday from the great Zig...

1. You can have everything you want in life as long as you help enough other people get what they want first.

2. Do what you have to do when you have to do it and you will find you have enough time to do what you want to do when you want to do it.

I find that during most work weeks, applying precept 2, I can call myself finished by Wednesday or early Thursday.  More over I never get calls from the boss asking me what I am doing.  He already knows that I am doing what I have to do or have already done it before he makes that call.  If he calls me on Thursday and I answer with "what's up, the fish are biting" he knows everything that he may have wanted to discuss is done and he replies "catch a ton!"  

Now much like liberty and freedom, the ability to live by the above is predicated on a rock solid and unwavering moral base that allows you to make the choices you have to make while going about your day.  

Lastly, no I did not put out an autoresponder telling my clients I am waiting for the CRJ update...that was just part of my story poking fun at the people who keep posting "when is the update, we NEED to know, it will make things better if we know blah blah blah blah puke. 

14 hours ago, matrosov said:

@Crabby I only got one question.  Where do you get ammo to go to rifle range?  At current prices I might as well re-mortgage the house.

Learned how to reload and do it correctly.  So as long as my primer stock holds out I am good.  I stocked up on "factory" ammo which would be the ammo I use if I ever "have" to use it and the ammo I use for zeroing.  I train with and plink with my reloads.

Archived