Is there an Autopilot in Twin Otter?

vintageboy

Dear All,

I just purchase this aircraft for my son and we couldn't find the autopilot switch? How to turn on the Autopilot panel?? Anyone can help us please?

Really appreciate.

Thank you

Vintageboy

The autopilot popup is assigned to one of the "Shift + number" keystrokes (I don't remember exactly which one).

In addition to the popup, the autopilot can be seen near the co-pilots control wheel in the VC (on the lower part of the panel), and it works just like the popup version does.

Using the autopilot is pretty simple, and if you can use the AP in most of the default aircraft, you should have no problem with the one in the Twotter.

Hi azflyboy,

We really appreciate your help, will try to use it, not getting use with VC infact we couldn't finnd the 2D panel , I think it is easier to use 2D however the Twin Otter doesn't has one (2D Panel ) or may be we just missed it any advise.

Thanks again for your help

B regards,

Vintageboy

Hi Finn,

Many thanks we made it , succeeding in donwloading the update and now we fly the modern twintotter 300, interesting. Look like the aircraft only follow the navigation set in the fsx GPS, we try to tune to twinotter GPS but it doesn't work perhaps I am missing something..any advise Finn.

Truly

vintageboy

Hi vintageboy

Have You loaded a flightplan ?

The Aerosoft GPS and the FSX GPS uses the exact same information. Infat the undelaying code is based on exactly the same.

I really don´t know what happens if You choose a "Direct-to" in one of the GPS´s, if that also will update the other.

Be awrae that there is a NAV / GPS switch near the autopilot in the modern Twin Otter. Switch it to Nav in order to follow a VOR radial set in NAV 1 radio or set it to GPS if You want the autopilot to follow a GPS flightplan.

Hope it helps ;-)

Finn

Hi Finn,

Thanks we will try to do as you advise, I notice the Nav/GPS switch in fact whenever I switch to GPS the aircraft will follow the flightpath set in fsx GPS with condition in the autopilot also set to Nav mode as well.

Will update you whenever I am succeeding in doing it :)

Truly

Vintageboy ( never too late to learn to fly )

The flightplan in the FSX GPS and the Aerosoft (KLN90B) will be the same !

It is true that to make the autopilot follow a GPS flightplane NAV/GPS switch should be set to GPS and the autopilot set to NAV.

Finn

Hi Finn,

We have a nice flight today from CYNJ to CYBL, nice landing I notice the HSI tuning bug was unable to tune to right ( + ) it was always tune to the left as well as the course heading bug located to the left of HSI, is the anyway to fix this ?

The other question is is the GPS is operable as we just print out the manual for the GPS, or yet to be perfected? Thank you

Truly

vintageboy

Hi Vintageboy

Did You tru to turn the HSI knobs with the mousewheel ?

Remember that most knobs and switches are destined to be operated with the mousewheel.

The GPS should be fully operable, but will probably take some time to get used to. Best is to sit on the tarmac and play around with it, learning it´s in and outs.

You can read alot in manuals, but the best thing is to "learn by doing".

Finn

• Aerosoft
Hi Finn,

Is there a program to repaint the twinotter? :)

cheers

vintageboy

There is a paint kit available on the FAQ/Updates section of our shop, but that's just layered bitmaps and you will need a serious bitmap editor to use them. With FSX it's not easy to just change a few bitmaps as there are speculars, bumpmaps etc to handle as well.

Hi Finn,

I have some problem with the panel, after I install the latest update of twinotter 1.11 I notice the ADF frequency and flap indicator are all blur and some of the panel writing as well, is there a way to fix this, before they were ok now very bad?

Also when I park the airplane with break engage the airplane tend to jump ?

Looking forward to yr advise.

cheers

vintageboy

Hi Vintageboy.

We reduced the texture sizes in order to lower the texture load times. This reduction comes offcourse with a quality loss, but it should be very minor and most people wouldn´t recognise it.

Are You sure that You didn´t alter Your video settings either in the controlpanel for the videocard or inside FSX ?

What resolution is FSX setup to use, and what level of anti aliasing do You use. Also make sure that "Global texture resolution" should be set to "very high" and the display settings for aircraft is set to high resolution 3-D virtual cockpit.

Setting anti aliasing too high might introduce blurries.

What are You max FPS setup to, and what FPS do You get in the sim ?

Kind regards

Finn

Hi Finn,

The fps I set to 25 and during cruising sometime it drops to 16 fps and average 18 to 20 fps, the aliasing turn it on it make a difference and the texture improving a lot.

Other issue I notice is the nose wheel it is not turning accordingly during taxiing how to turn it on so it will turn just like other original airplane from fsx.

Thanks

cheers

vintageboy