Push to sync button (Heading knob) not clickable after SU5

17 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Maybe this helps:

Nope, already changed to Legacy. That was the first thing I did after updating.

vor 25 Minuten, TomAce sagte:

Hi

Push to sync button (heading knob) is not clickable in CRJ 700 after SU5. Anybody else who is experiencing the same?

The clickbehavior changend ingame.

You need to rightclick first then you can click the inner button with a leftclick. That's new in Lock AND in Legacy mode.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

You need to rightclick first then you can click the inner button with a leftclick. That's new in Lock AND in Legacy mode.

not working for me.

apart from this apalling click-dance, it is really not working.

is there some binding to set? (I've set primary interaction and secondary interaction but neither work)

23 minutes ago, Puuhbear said:

The clickbehavior changend ingame.

Yeah, that was it. Thanks!

So now we have to right click before clicking the sync button. The heading sync button is the most used button during a flight and this means twice as many clicks as before. Pretty ridiculous, and definitely not an “upgrade”, for me.

vor 1 hour , cmdr quelcertoleo sagte:

not working for me.

apart from this apalling click-dance, it is really not working.

is there some binding to set? (I've set primary interaction and secondary interaction but neither work)

try setting you mouse options to the default profile and look if it's working.

Vor 1 Stunde, TomAce sagte:

So now we have to right click before clicking the sync button. The heading sync button is the most used button during a flight and this means twice as many clicks as before. Pretty ridiculous, and definitely not an “upgrade”, for me.

well... I guess you need to tell that to asobo...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
gerade, cmdr quelcertoleo sagte:

this interaction is still not working for me.

I have the interaction set to the new xboxy style.

The right mouse button is bound to "Cockpit Interaction - Secondary Action".

I right click above the heading knob but nothing happens.

rightclick the blue area

that's precisely what I am doing. The center knob never illuminates.

it only works with the Default profile but the assignments are the same except for "Toggle Instruments View Freelook" which is a PITA.

it is the exact same assignment.

gerade, cmdr quelcertoleo sagte:

that's precisely what I am doing. The center knob never illuminates.

it only works with the Default profile but the assignments are the same except for "Toggle Instruments View Freelook" which is a PITA.

it is the exact same assignment.

so why don't you use the default profile then?

vor 3 Minuten, cmdr quelcertoleo sagte:

because "Toggle Instruments View Freelook" is a PITA which everytime you press it your trackIR will get desynced with the viewpoint.

and can you create a new profile by taking the default one and saving it to a new custom profile and change the "toggle instruments" thing?

vor 2 Minuten, cmdr quelcertoleo sagte:

yes, I can do that, but then the center knob will not work for heading, speed, baro, etc.

only and exclusively with the default profile. not even with the same exact profile assignments but saved but another name.

ah this game.

hmmm thats bad :( i feel you

• Developer

A completely new system of input events has been introduced with Sim Update 5. Part of its consequences is what you currently experience with the center pushbuttons on the FCP. I'm going to update the CRJ with these input events but it needs to be done for all switches, knobs, levers etc. That's a huge amount of work and is going to take several months - even if I don't run into many issues. The whole thing is not exactly easy to handle either, so I can't give you any estimate right now. All that I can promise you is that I'm going to start working on it this weekend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

it appears that there is some other low level things, not sure if it is asobugs fault or something to re-implement on the CRJ

the thing is that it is very very strange that you can click only and exclusively with Default mouse profile. If I copy-paste that profile, with same assignments and simply change the name of the Profile, then the center knob won't work anymore.

so I'm adding this here for further reference: on my system the center knob works only and exclusively with the Default mouse profile.

23 hours ago, Hans Hartmann said:

A completely new system of input events has been introduced with Sim Update 5. Part of its consequences is what you currently experience with the center pushbuttons on the FCP. I'm going to update the CRJ with these input events but it needs to be done for all switches, knobs, levers etc. That's a huge amount of work and is going to take several months - even if I don't run into many issues. The whole thing is not exactly easy to handle either, so I can't give you any estimate right now. All that I can promise you is that I'm going to start working on it this weekend.

Maybe consider making this a Thread/post in the latest updates an information?  Seems like some valuable information that will get "asked" a lot :)... will make it easier for us to link people to  it :)

• 1 year later...
19 hours ago, Brian Levy said:

so... more than a year on and he push butons on the CRJ STILL dont work!!!! not very impressive is i Aerosoft????

They work, just currently you have to right click the button first then you can left click it. Its not very intuitive. I don't know what Asobo were thinking with this change.

3 hours ago, Hawkeye91 said:

They work, just currently you have to right click the button first then you can left click it. Its not very intuitive. I don't know what Asobo were thinking with this change.

It’s not necessarily an Asobo thing. Similar buttons exist on other aircraft in MSFS from other devs. Granted, what Aerosoft has is an acceptable arrangement for PC mouse controls.

That being said, it isn’t intuitive and there are far more elegant solutions for such concentric buttons. Not to mention, of course, the Aerosoft CRJ’s solution doesn’t work in VR; if you try to right click and left click with VR, you keep jumping in focus and losing the button.

• Upvote 1

Is there any progress on this? I noticed this as well, and for me it's impossible to heading sync from the cockpit view. The only way is if I change to one of the instruments views that's more zoomed in on the heading selector. And even then I have to fiddle with it (e.g. click it a few times before it turns blue, then click it to sync).