TFDI Honeycomb Interface utility now available

Hi all,

I've developed a freeware utility that allows you to assign all of the switches and buttons on the Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant to the TFDI 717 aircraft in Prepar3D.  It does this directly using the aircraft's custom SimConnect events.

This is currently in Beta awaiting feedback and some elements are a work in progress.

This is a free alternative to other methods of programming your buttons for those that don't have FSUIPC or LINDA etc.

Happy to hear any feedback you have on format, usability, or bugs you've found in the comments below. 

I should point out that I'm not affiliated with TFDI, Honeycomb or Aerosoft in anyway. This is a private project, which was primarily for my own use.

You can download a copy from my OneDrive here. 

There's a small manual included but it should hopefully be intuitive for you to use. Apologies, I only speak English and basic Spanish and so everything is in English.

Please read the known issues section of the manual. 

Thanks,

Mark.

V1.1.0.0 - 27/07/21

• Added Bravo Throttle functionality
  • Fixed bug regarding errors when disconnecting controllers whilst running
  • Fixed bug regarding errors when sim is stopped whilst running
  • Fixed unpredictable behaviour when 'on release' function was used
  • Fixed bug when more than one assignment was added per button. This has been limited for now
  •  

NOTE: LEDs are currently a work in progress and not working yet.  However, I have just included a .JSON configuration file in the root of the folder which can be used with Aerosoft's Honeycomb configurator utility and will ensure the LEDs work on the Bravo throttle quadrant. Together, my utility and Aerosoft's should provide you with a complete experience.

V1.0.0.0 - 24/07/21

• Initial Beta release

On 7/28/2021 at 3:51 PM, highflyer525 said:

V1.1.0.0 - 27/07/21

• Fixed bug when more than one assignment was added per button. This has been limited for now
  •  

NOTE: LEDs are currently a work in progress and not working yet.  However, I have just included a .JSON configuration file in the root of the folder which can be used with Aerosoft's Honeycomb configurator utility and will ensure the LEDs work on the Bravo throttle quadrant. Together, my utility and Aerosoft's should provide you with a complete experience.

V1.0.0.0 - 24/07/21

• Initial Beta release

V1.2.0.0 - 05/08/2021

• Fixed repeated 'object does not exist' error when reverser is lifted and no action has been assigned.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, your link keeps coming back in both of my browsers (Edge and Chrome) as:

This site can’t provide a secure connection

rebrand.ly sent an invalid response.

ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I have gone through my anti-virus settings and passed the link which usually works, but does not for me. ;-(  Could use this as I fly the 717 a lot...

V1.2.1.0 - 31/08/21

• Removed the 'save mapping' button - all mappings automatically save as their configured now. Ease of use.

V1.2.0.0 - 05/08/2021

• Fixed repeated 'object does not exist' error when reverser is lifted and no action has been assigned.

V1.1.0.0 - 27/07/21

Archived