CRJ 500-700?

bigmack

• Aerosoft
8 hours ago, bigmack said:

Interesting according to their message board, Steam was going to release a x64bit version of SE.

Would not make the slightest difference at this moment. MSFS and X-Plane are the only two platforms at this moment.

8 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Would not make the slightest difference at this moment. MSFS and X-Plane are the only two platforms at this moment.

As a owner of MSFS, It looks good but it's very limited to what I always enjoyed about FS. I'm unable to access any of my aircraft files if I want to modify or edit anything, it's limited in the controls to use with it, I can't edit any of the airport or scenery files I install. It's like playing with my Xbox one. That's why I'm sticking with FSX SE and PD3. And yes x64 platform is seriously being discussed on the steam FS message board. I tried X plane a few times years ago and it just didn't do anything for me. That was about the same time I laid FS9 and FSX to rest.

Bill M

• Aerosoft
16 minutes ago, bigmack said:

LOL can't argue with million users. But I wonder how many are actual Flight simmers ore just casual plug and play users. 

The vast majority. But the simple fact is we were one of the very last to do FSX add-ons and just saw now matter what we did, customers did not buy them. Exactly the same as with P3D at this moment. Personally I think P3D is still a super platform because of it's options and stability. But MSFS can now do 60 fps at 4K looking fantastic. So that is the platform most users what to see developing.

The biggest issue by far for FSX was that MS did it and dropped it. A few bugs were fixed but they dropped it. Now MS sees that this is a platform that need constant attention to grow. And with the Marketplace they found a way to pay for that.  Lockheed is working on P3D all the time but it is more and more clear that 90% of that work is for professional customers.  Just last week I checked out the lastest options for military scenarios and that stunning. If there would be enough P3D Pro customers it would be a kick ass military FS platform (though DCS would probably still win hands down).

So there you have the market. Loads of P3D customers, loads of FSX customers. But users are not buying customers. 

• Deputy Sheriffs
22 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

So there you have the market. Loads of P3D customers, loads of FSX customers. But users are not buying customers. 

Mathijs, did you mean the reverse: "Loads of P3D users, loads of FSX users. But users are not buying customers."?

Archived