CRJ SU5 speed issue

davidnorfolk96

39 minutes ago, Mogens Gaardbo said:

each time the m-files I just delete is recreated again

That is the correct behaviour, however, if you follow the steps in the workaround described exactly, the speed tape should work as expected. 

You will need to work through the steps again from the beginning following yesterdays update.

1 hour ago, panda180 said:

Can someone confirm is the speed tape temp fix is working or not after yesterday's mini update? 

You will have to go through the steps again but yes it does work for me.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Developer
18 hours ago, IcemanFBW said:

We were able to get around this issue for the A32NX by writing our own custom implementations of pow() and exp() - which (at least in our case), were the cmath functions that were returning erroneous values as a result of the --fast-math compiler option forced in SU5.

I tried two or three alternative pow() functions but all caused the same issue. There always was something too close to zero... I'll try more. I want to get this done after all.

@Hans Hartmann

Did some testing after the hot fix.

Tweaked my system so that I run around 30 FPS with the planes I use most at demanding Airport.

Test startup : EHAM / RNW 24 / 12.00 / preset broken clouds / Real AI ON / ready for flight

Running on gaming laptop with 32GB and Nvidia 2070 Max Q

FBW A320 developer version : 31 FPS

CRJ Fast WASM OFF up to 36 FPS

CRJ Fast WASM ON  : 23 FPS max .. mostly around 19 to 21

Tested the above 2 times ( so 6 restarts of MSFS but also 6 Laptop reboots for fresh start in total )

Also ... once the thing is complied and is working .. besides switching off developer mode ... also switching off Fast WASM again will keep the CRJ working ( not sure if u knew )

Hope the Fast WASM is just a temp workaround and we will get the FPS back once a fix is made by Asobo / you 

• Deputy Sheriffs
17 hours ago, Mogens Gaardbo said:

But the problem with catching the glidescope seems to have reappeared. LOC - yes, but GS - nope.

We are aware and fix for this in pending on the 1.0.6 update which is currently pending a sim hotfix.

Thank you.  Do aerosoft have any information from MSFS as to when the next sim hotfix will be issued?  There are multiple problems the SU5 has introduced, so really they do have a responsibility to fix this urgently.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, RF pilot said:

Do aerosoft have any information from MSFS as to when the next sim hotfix will be issued?

No, they do not give such infos.

Hotfix incoming:

Aerosoft CRJ – We have found and fixed a bug in an open-source math library that is part of Web Assembly [wasi-libc] which was part of the CRJ and has been resolved. A new package will be made available in the next few days.

5 hours ago, panda180 said:

Hi guys, just wondering if this latest hotfix is what was needed for Aerosoft to update the CRJ? 

Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks 😊 

I have tested the new asobo's hotfix and the speed tape issue is indeed fixed - even without using the fast wasm workaround. Even though the CRJ is flyable to a degree as of the new asobo hotifix, I would say it's still suffering the effects of SU5 (plenty of issues around ILS and what not). Hoping that Aerosoft's update will fix most of that.

38 minutes ago, g5crj said:

I have tested the new asobo's hotfix and the speed tape issue is indeed fixed - even without using the fast wasm workaround. Even though the CRJ is flyable to a degree as of the new asobo hotifix, I would say it's still suffering the effects of SU5 (plenty of issues around ILS and what not). Hoping that Aerosoft's update will fix most of that.

Thank you, just did a quick circuit flight and it does seem to be fixed now.  Yahoo! 

So we can turn Fast WASM off in dev options? Please confirm! I still have it on...

Current observations with Fast WASM on:

1. HUD working, as always (never stopped).

2. ILS GS not capturing.

3. Speed tape is fine.

4. Cockpit lighting looks a little wonky when the lights falls directly on the interior (e.g. during a sunrise).

Just to clarify, turning off fast wasm int he dev options is not enough to test the new asobo hotfix, you need to delete the files as you did the first time around to have them be generated again. Only then are you actually testing anything, otherwise you are still using the files generated with the fast wasm option.

4 hours ago, g5crj said:

Just to clarify, turning off fast wasm int he dev options is not enough to test the new asobo hotfix, you need to delete the files as you did the first time around to have them be generated again. Only then are you actually testing anything, otherwise you are still using the files generated with the fast wasm option.

Will test in a few mins.

34 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Until our update is out it won't matter a lot.

1. Deleted m*.* files.

2. Launched MSFS.

3. Turned Dev on.

4. Turned Fast WASM off.

5. Turned Dev off.

6. Started a flight with the CRJ. Took it up to FL390 at speeds between 150-300 KT. Descended at those same speeds.

A. HUD works fine (as it always did for me).

B. Speed tape works properly.

C. Noticed an increase in fps without Fast WASM.

Did not test anything else.

@Mathijs Kok , could you clarify why my speed tape is working without Fast WASM? Should I have restarted MSFS one more time after disabling the option?

Archived