CRJ SU5 speed issue

davidnorfolk96

I have applied the fix and had 2 flights in the CRJ-700.

The airspeed seesm to move normally, but I just encountered a stutter or jump while in flight at FL370.
 I am not sure if it is MSFS or CRJ depended.

But cruising at FL370 I had about M.8 ITT 700ish and N1 85.8
WHile in cruise on AP I suddently hear a change in the engine sound and I can see there is major differrenses.

Airspeed jumped to M.63 ITT rised slowly to 907 while the N1 I can not confirm what happened.
After a couple of minutes the same thing happened again but sisnce I had been speeding up the cruise speed I jumpoed right into overspeed M.84
I am not 100% sure but I believe it is happening at crossover zones between different airmasses in the sim.

Oh and forgot to metion that the Mach indicator above teh spedtape does not match up with the speed bug Mach nr. Eg. on top it says my speed is M.84 while it is ABOVE my bug set at M.8
Now when looking at the IAS is about 255 and the FL at the time was 390 the M should be .82

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Sorry, we simply do not know.

This is really sad. But I know it's not in your hands. Asobo should find a solution to this. Waiting for days in each update will turn people off the platform after a while. Normally I was waiting today, but after your reply, my hopes have waned.

18 minutes ago, Beavaero said:

The airspeed seesm to move normally, but I just encountered a stutter or jump while in flight at FL700.

WHile in cruise on AP I suddently hear a change in the engine sound and I can see there is major differrenses.

Airspeed jumped to M.63 ITT rised slowly to 907 while the N1 I can not confirm what happened.
After a couple of minutes the same thing happened again but sisnce I had been speeding up the cruise speed I jumpoed right into overspeed M.84
I am not 100% sure but I believe it is happening at crossover zones between different airmasses in the sim.

Oh and forgot to metion that the Mach indicator above teh spedtape does not match up with the speed bug Mach nr. Eg. on top it says my speed is M.84 while it is ABOVE my bug set at M.8
Now when looking at the IAS is about 255 and the FL at the time was 390 the M should be .82

I don't think this has anything to do with the update. Because, it happened to me several times before the update. I think it's because of the weather changes as you said.

2 minutes ago, murat006 said:

I don't think this has anything to do with the update. Because, it happened to me several times before the update. I think it's because of the weather changes as you said.

Indeed I think you are right that the main issue is the weather changes. But the indicated Mach vs the Mach I calculate with a CR-3 does add up and should not be affected by the weather change.
The Speed jumping seems to be bacuse og the temperature chaning.
and the KIAS seems right according to the change in temperature, and the Speed bug Mach seems right with IAS vs FL = mach.
So why does the Indicated Mach show an error. I think this might be a bug with the CRJ

3 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Indeed, we still see rather severe wind shears in the sim.

Oh, so that combined with the speed bug explains why the aircraft jumps an insane amount of speed, not just in terms of indication but actually literally?

34 minutes ago, Beavaero said:

The airspeed seesm to move normally, but I just encountered a stutter or jump while in flight at FL700.

Well you shouldn't be flying around at 70,000 feet.

20 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Well you shouldn't be flying around at 70,000 feet.

Sorry it was a misspelling it was FL370. But yeah I know to big chance of hitting a billioneer on their way to space up there

27 minutes ago, Beavaero said:

Sorry it was a misspelling it was FL370. But yeah I know to big chance of hitting a billioneer on their way to space up there

LOL. I couldn't resist....

46 minutes ago, David Nogueira said:

Oh, so that combined with the speed bug explains why the aircraft jumps an insane amount of speed, not just in terms of indication but actually literally?

if using live weather the temperature at altitude is messed up, +50-70c ISA DEV

4 hours ago, Melvin Baylis said:

if using live weather the temperature at altitude is messed up, +50-70c ISA DEV

Exactly that at MSFS they are aware of the serious bug.... (hotfix coming...)

• Aerosoft
4 minutes ago, davidnorfolk96 said:

I'm assuming you guys are waiting for the hotfix to release today?

Yes, but the fix we need is currently not on the change list unfortunate.  There are a lot of mails and message going back and forth at this moment we are hugely sorry for this issue. There was absolute no way for us to prevent this and it came as much as a surprise to use as to you. 

17 hours ago, awf said:

Exactly that at MSFS they are aware of the serious bug.... (hotfix coming...)

Hi

This is good news, that it's a known issue.  I have experienced this before and after SU5 too.  

Do you have a link to the MS zendesk thread so I can follow this issue?

Thanks

3 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Yes, but the fix we need is currently not on the change list unfortunate.  There are a lot of mails and message going back and forth at this moment we are hugely sorry for this issue. There was absolute no way for us to prevent this and it came as much as a surprise to use as to you. 

The CRJ is at least flyable with your temporary fix. Props for figuring that one out.

Question: Will you post instructions how to return to “stock” after the bug is fixed? I assume deleting the m* files and turning off that Dev fast compilation option will be enough?

2 hours ago, Moridin said:

The CRJ is at least flyable with your temporary fix. Props for figuring that one out.

Question: Will you post instructions how to return to “stock” after the bug is fixed? I assume deleting the m* files and turning off that Dev fast compilation option will be enough?

I can't find this temporary "fix" where is this posted?

On 7/28/2021 at 10:21 PM, Ben van Boom said:

Dear Hans,

Thanks for the workaround.

The work around is only working in the 550 for me, not in the 700....what can that be?

Retarted several times, tried everything possible, no show in the 700.

Regrads,

Ben

Solved, thanks.

I did the fix a few days ago and it worked.  but now with the hotfix it is not working.  Is this because with the hotfix we have to delete the m files again?

1 hour ago, Vincenzo Ramaglia said:

Also for me the speed jumps despite the modification by Hans.
otherwise on the CRJ -500 it works well.
Thanks for the reply.

same on the speed jumps even with the quick fix (dev mode etc), havent tried the 500.

Archived