Aircraft seems DOA upon loading - screens black and cannot access EFB

Matt Caldwell

I am having the same problem that many others have reported of black screens upon loading the aircraft and clicking the efb has no effect - the efb stays dark. The engines are running, and I can control the engine power, but the throttles do not move in the cockpit.  I purchased through the ME store. 

i have tried every solution I could find - including deleting the m files (which I could not find due to there not being the folder associated in the location given in previous threads about the issue, removed everything from the community folder, and then uninstalling and reinstalling, renaming the sim connect, etc., etc. 

i have a very fast system, but the airplane does not seem to go through the 10 minute initialization that it says it should. Normal load times in to the sim, and then it seems ready to go straight away (apart from nothing working) on first load. After installing, I have let it sit for >30 minutes with no effect. 

I also have noticed that browsing through relative threads, all of the threads seem to get closed prematurely, before a real solution can be found.  

I am on the current version of both the sim and the CRJ. 

43 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Most likely that is because your CPU is not supported by the simulator. As you say you have seen the other people discussing that I suggest you follow up in that topic.

Can not follow up in the other topics, as all other threads on the issue have been closed.  

vor 1 hour , Matt Caldwell sagte:

including deleting the m files (which I could not find due to there not being the folder associated in the location given in previous threads

Just to understand: did you find and deleted the m-files or not?

23 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

Have to ask, but are you sure about that? That CPU was released a few months ago and has been very hard to get.
Should work with MSFS though.

I'm absolutely 100% certain. It also has an RTX 3090 which are even harder to get.  Lucky I guess. 

What are you using for Controls?

It is possible sometimes to have a Control binding that will cause issues.. basically bound to standard Sim events that will have conflicts with the CRJ L:Vars and simulation controls..

Are you trying to use a third party Livery?  Do you have lots of stuff in the community folder?  maybe try moving all of that out and only trying with it empty?

• Aerosoft
4 hours ago, Matt Caldwell said:

I'm absolutely 100% certain. It also has an RTX 3090 which are even harder to get.  Lucky I guess. 

Okay then you are the second user that conforms that and it is 99% sure it is not the same issue as with older CPU's. 

That also means we have absolutely no issue what causes the issue.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2021 at 10:13 AM, Matt Caldwell said:

It’s an intel i9 11700K. Is that not supported?

It is very odd if that was the case. But i have the same issue but also the same CPU.... i really hope that is not the case and if it is then we should be getting our 50.00USD back and a warning should be put in the info on the market place. i found something eles to do with a corrupt file name. i will try this tonight and if it works ill let you know.

Have an I7 … did dozens of flights and this morning had the same ( black screens no EFB )

after a restart of the sim ( not even deleted ) no issue and did 2 flights.

• Aerosoft
20 hours ago, Metro187 said:

It is very odd if that was the case. But i have the same issue but also the same CPU.... i really hope that is not the case and if it is then we should be getting our 50.00USD back and a warning should be put in the info on the market place. i found something eles to do with a corrupt file name. i will try this tonight and if it works ill let you know.

The system requirements on the Marketplace are very clear. Older versions of the the current CPU simply miss something that is used for the encryption used.

Archived