a simple way to configure msfs2020

Are there any simple tools to credit and edit profile OUTSIDE of MSFS? I find the configuration within the simulator to be more than painful, it's simply torturous! 

Because I'm not a pilot and because I don't know what I am doing, I start scrolling through the list of things I can add to or remove a config for, I get to a relevant "radio" item but find I'm in the Alpha profile, not the Bravo one, so I click across to there but then I have to find the relevant area again and then when I get to the next relevant item and I want it on the Alpha, I have to go back to that profile and it's such a mess. Perhaps this is easy for someone who knows exactly what they want and where they want it, but what I'm looking for is a simple-ish way to setup the controllers I have here to work with the simulator my way.

Ideally, I'd like to scroll down a list of things that's available to be assigned and ten click, press, rotate or slide my controller and it just picks that controller for that function. 

I'd also like to touch any controller and it takes me to that feature to be assigned, ie at the moment, if I press a button on the bravo and I'm in the alpha profile it does nothing, or if I'm trying to assign it, it tells you you're in the wrong controller (and going to the other controller has you starting from the top again)... Even if you are in the right profile, you have to slide all around to see where it's activating, or search for it, but then that removes everything else around it.

Is there an easier way to configure a simulator? I am really struggling here

Archived