MSFS Aerosoft CRJ 700 Flaps On Approach

Hi Guys, 

I understand that the glideslope hold in the CRJ was fixed recently for an ILS approach. However when beginning approach and I'm holding an altitude and I deploy flaps, the aircraft overshoots the current selected altitude significantly.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

Thank you!

I am not, however I do not intercept the GS with flaps fully deployed, which your post seems to allude you do.  Just before intercept I am normally flying at about 180 knots with flaps 20.  When the GS is about to intercept, I select gear down and flaps 30, this slows the aircraft to begin descending on the GS.  Once established and about 2-3 miles out, I go full flaps and stabilize on Vref+5 (or whatever I need to add to Vref for wind).  Once I have the runway environment I select AP off and fly by hand.  If I hit minimums I go around.  

@CrabbyThank you for you response!

I should have made myself a little clearer... I normally initially select flaps 8 at 200kts (by this point approach mode is armed and I'm also holding a specific altitude as published on the chart for the glide slope). When I select between flaps 8 and a greater flaps setting, the aircraft pitches up and begins to climb and the altitude can increase by almost 1000ft sometimes.

Occasionally I have done the exact same thing... approach mode armed, altitude hold, speed 180kts and as I'm beginning to extend the first settings of flaps the altitude will increase by a sizeable amount.

This causes me to go a lot higher than the glideslope intercept and the aircraft will not follow the GS.

Hope you understand, if you want me to clarify anything I will.

Also just to note I have been using the CRJ 550ER. I'm pretty sure that makes no difference what so ever.

Is this to do with CRJ's trim setting? because I dont normally touch it, besides takeoff

I have the same problem as "TWOTTER".  I find the response to his problem in-adequate. What are you referring to as a mixed control response?

I have now attempted several ILS approcahes and the autopilot has not held any of them on centerline or glideslope.

Something needs to be "tweaked"

Does anyone else have this problem? What about the "Dude" his video tutorials are excellent, perhaps he has a comment.

PS I love the airplane otherwise

• Aerosoft

We do have several people who commented on this, but we had some from the release. And almost always when we asked them to clear ALL key and axis assignments and make new assignments the issue went away. 

Of course, if you have too much energy, have your nose pointed down and extend the flaps, physics will take over, flaps add lift and in the CRJ have a nose up effect. 

16 hours ago, TWOTTER-09-07-2021 said:

@Mathijs KokI will try clearing the key assignments to see if that fixes the issue. I can't see how that would effect the aerodynamics of the aircraft though?

Could a possibility be that the aircraft doesnt automatically trim down when flaps are extended with AP on?

Thanks!

I have not experienced an inability of the a/c to trim down when flaps are extended.  Next time I fly, I will shoot a couple of apps in a few configurations and see if anything goes haywire.  MSFS really took what I call an Apple approach with assignments.  The seem to have decided what assignments you need and then which ones you want.  The result is a conflicting menagerie of keyboard/mouse/controller crapola.  It took me about two days to realize that the only way out of the inadvertent control assignment conflict problem was to trash all the default profiles.  In MY use case (Honeycomb A and B plus a Thrustmaster T16000 throttle for incidental controls and some viewing) I have found that using blank profiles except for some view commands and basic sim actions on the keyboard along with Axis and Ohs is the best solution.  Now, I want to stress before the "I don't want to buy another software to operate my pay ware aircraft crowd" bears their teeth, I do this for ALL aircraft and I do it so I don't have to remember to switch profiles between aircraft.  For me, and I stress me, it has been worth the 20 dollars spent on Axis and Ohs to not have any controller issues with any aircraft in my hangar.

I also want to stress that I use AAO to overcome the shortcomings and overreach Asobo put in the sim, not any shortcoming by an aircraft developer.  I would highly suggest that you take a look at Axis and Ohs or SpadNext, though I cannot personally recommend SpadNext simply because I have not used it.  To some extent you can use FSUIPC also but it seems more limited. 

19 hours ago, Mike Briscoe said:

I have the same problem as "TWOTTER".  I find the response to his problem in-adequate. What are you referring to as a mixed control response?

I have now attempted several ILS approcahes and the autopilot has not held any of them on centerline or glideslope.

Something needs to be "tweaked"

Does anyone else have this problem? What about the "Dude" his video tutorials are excellent, perhaps he has a comment.

PS I love the airplane otherwise

I have watched all of the "Dude's" videos and I don't recall him publishing a video entitled "How to Screw Up the ILS Approach".  Mixed control response refers to the fact that Asobo decided what you need to have in your controller profiles by default.  This causes situations where you, probably correctly, determine that you want to control Action X on Controller Y and set it up that way.  However you, me and everyone else are unaware that Asobo decided it would be best if that action were controlled on a different controller or on the keyboard.  The result is you have two or more bindings for the same action and don't know about it.  So you are happily flying along and crazy things are happening because of this double and at times triple keyboard/controller assignment.  Since the behavior seems weird, and it is, the first thing we look to do is place blame.  Once we decide to place blame we don't want to spend a lot of time placing blame, so we hit the first target which is normally the plane we are flying in.  If it is the CRJ, we come to the forum and complain about bugs and demand fixes and tweaks that aren't bugs that need fixes or tweaks but in reality are FEATURES that Asobo put in our sim.

See my post right above this one how I solved my issues with keyboard/controller profiles.

Archived