Autoland issues.

Hi Guys,

First off thanks for a wonderful product.Since the last major update to version 1.4.3.0 i seem to be having an issue with the autoland feature.

Prior to the update my autolands were always in the region of 100 fpm to 250fpm which is perfect for the virtual airline i fly for before losing XP

for hard landings.I always like to share my landings between manual and autoland about 50/50.I was wondering if you guys changed anything

with ref to the autoland feature in the new build because all my autolands now are beteeen 350fpm and 500fpm.This has me confused because of such a dramatic

difference between the new version and the previous version with the landing rate.The Airbus has always been great at it autolands much better than the

PMDG 737ngxu,but now with this new version its just as bad.I have not changed any on my PC or in P3D,same scenery,airports etc the only change has 

been the update with the Airbus.The same airports that i was getting a landing rate of below 250fpm in the previous build has now jumped to well over 300fpm

closer to 500fpm on some occasions.Looking for any advice or help on the issue.

P3Dv4.5 (latest version)

I7 11700K (no overclock)

RTX Asus 3060 OC.

32 GB Ram.

Windows 10.

With Thanks

Gary Jones.

Hi,

Thanks for the response much appreciated.Think something has affected the autoland feature for the worse.Just completed 2 tests at Aerosofts EGLL 

with active sky real world weather, A320 landing rate of 397fpm and without weather (clear sky) landing rate of 412 FPM.Prior to the update i could guarantee

at EGLL my landing rate would be below 200fpm.

Thanks

Gary Jones.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Try increasing your approach speed a bit.  I just used it a few flights ago and came down at -143fpm.  I had approach speed at Vref + 8.  If you use PFPX, you'll notice that if you select autoland in the landing performance, most profiles (the AS bus profiles don't for some reason) increase the approach speed vs selecting manual landing.

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry to bump an old topic but im still experiencing very bad autolands with the smaller busses the A330 is near perfect.I tried to give it another go yesterday EIDW to LSZH,well what an utter disgrace it was,hit the runway yes literally hit the runway so hard with a landing rate of near 650fps.The issue seems to be the fare happens way to late the the plane just hits the ground.It was a head wind of 6knts for a ILS landing on RW34 the approach speed was V-REF 128,plus 5,landing system was activated along with approach mode,second autopilot activated as well,I have been flying the busses since FSX through to P3Dv5 with no issues at all,these issues only started to occur for me anyway from the last update,looking for a little help or advice on the matter i have tried increasing the approach speed but that didnt help.

It's the flare.

The aerosoft bus performs the flare way to late.

The FSX version is fine (I just tested it at EGLL)

The P3D version is late flare (just tested it immediately after testing the FSX version with the same weather conditions)

The P3D version hit the deck well before the aiming point and didnt flare. so I suspect incorrect programming.

Please login to display this image.

Thanks for that Chris,you are correct it is an issue with the flare(or lack of it),never had this problem with the autoland on the Airbus in FSX,is it possible for any of devs to comment on this please.

Thanks 

Gary.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the same , for now add a few knots to the landing speed and see how it goes, sadly don't expect any updates or help etc as they seem to have dropped the P3D Airbus and focusing on MSFS leaving us P3D users out in the cold :( :(..It's driven me to use Xplane more, as at least the Airbus in there is updated and supported regularly.

Hi,

Thanks for that i have tried increasing the landing speed but to no avail the Airbus still hits the runway at an alarming rate,glad other people are reporting the issue,but as you said i think MSFS is there latest cash cow now.

Gary.

They should still try and at least support and patch their P3D products like this Airbus as we paid good money for them, we used to get regular updates and new features now that's all stopped :( :(

11 hours ago, firstcaptainjones said:

Totally agree with you,but cant even get a Dev to reply to the post.

Sadly too busy with supporting MSFS stuff, leaving us P3D users to find our own answers or helping each other out. ive moved on to mainly flying Xplane 11 … At least the A319 ,A321 and A340 get supported and updated , the A340 got one a few hours ago, i really loved flying the Aerosoft Airbuses in P3D as we had regular updates but not now :(... regarding the autoland issue … it has been brought up in the past but nothing was ever done about it 

• 1 month later...

Sorry its not MSFS,but are you going to do anything about the pathetic autoland feature on the smaller buses in P3D,we bought your products but the support has disappeared,the autoland on the A330 is totally fine,but the smaller buses as i said earlier is pathetic,hoping to hear something back about this after numerous requests.

With Thanks  

Gary  Jones.

I dont use the autoland feature on the smaller buses because basically it does not work,unlike the A330 which is very very good.But yesterday on a flight from EDDF to ENGM i decided to try it again because the weather at Gardermoen was low visability and RW 01L was in use which has a full CATIII autoland,this was the out come,bear in mind i have been flying the buses from FSX through to P3Dv5 so i know how to set up a full autoland.Please ignore the penalty for spoilers retracted on taxi in,i was so annoyed with the landing i forgot about them.

Gary Jones.

Please login to display this image.

Sadly i can't see Aerosoft fixing this now .. They are more interested in MSFS, leaving us P3D Airbus users with a half finished product :(  ... I mainly Fly X plane now, at least the Airbus's in that sim get regular updates and for XP12 too, they have not jumped ship and continue to support their customers.

Totally agree with you,support for anything P3D related has disappeared,but they will still sell P3D products at top prices,me for one will not purchase anything off them again,they have lost me as a customer who has spend £100s and £100s of pounds with them over the years.

Gary Jones.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, firstcaptainjones said:

Totally agree with you,support for anything P3D related has disappeared,but they will still sell P3D products at top prices,me for one will not purchase anything off them again,they have lost me as a customer who has spend £100s and £100s of pounds with them over the years.

Gary Jones.

Sadly, I'm swinging that way too …I Had a lot of time for Aerosoft in the past and their customer support at the time was great towards me but since they have treated us P3D users like this since MSFS has come out i cant see me spending any more money on their products

• 4 weeks later...

Again not one offer of assistance or help with the ridiculous autoland landing rates with the smaller busses,the A330 is perfect,so why they cant they put that onto the smaller busses is beyond me,oh i have just realised its P3D and not MSFS,well i bought the A319,A320 in P3D and i what help with it,i will not go away,ignore my requests all you want.

• Upvote 1