Aerosoft One, a short introduction (released)

• Aerosoft

Dear friends, it is time to introduce you to a new Aerosoft development, Aerosoft One. It will be launched pretty soon and will change the way you install our products.

Aerosoft One is a tool that makes extremely simple to install and update your Aerosoft products. It does more, we will get to that later, but the main task is to make sure the files on your system are always up to date.

When you have bought a product (you can do so securely from the browser inside Aerosoft One) you do no longer have to download the installer, just go to Library, find your new product, and click install. The product will then be downloaded and installed.  To check if there are new versions, click go to Update and click update

That is all you need to know.  We like to keep things simple. As said, Aerosoft One does a bit more.  You can quickly see our news, visit the shop, find all your serials, access our forums and support options and find the most important parts of our websites. It is called Aerosoft One because it is a one stop method of using all we have to offer! In the next few weeks we’ll share more information, show some more features and gladly answer any of your questions.

Let me share some images that will show you how things actually are presented to you.

Please login to display this image.

Here you see all the MSFS products actually supported by Aerosoft One (at the start not everything will be included but we’ll quickly expand that!

In this screen you can see what MSFS products you have already installed and can find more information on that product.

Aerosoft One offers you complete freedom where to install the DLC, but will give you some very solid advise on what to avoid.

On the Queue display you can see what you have downloads, what is being downloaded and what will be downloaded.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey ! Will it support some principal languages, such as Deutsch / French ? 

If not, can the community help to add this feature, via "Crowdin" or "Localazy", which are already used by the FBW team and Orbx ?

• Aerosoft
12 minutes ago, Transair said:

Mathijs

Rather than having to check/search for updates, could there be a notification flag to alert of an update..

In the list with installed products? I like that idea, let me forward to the team working on this!

• Aerosoft
54 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

In the list with installed products? I like that idea, let me forward to the team working on this!

Ahhh, in fact it works a bit different but I think it is clear enough.

Mathijs

Elsewhere, some of these packages show what is already installed (i.e. from Aerosoft). Sometimes a user may be unsure as to what they may have already downloaded (esp multiple sceneries), so could it be shown against a product words to the effect 'you have already installed this product' to alert users?

• Aerosoft
6 hours ago, Transair said:

Mathijs

Elsewhere, some of these packages show what is already installed (i.e. from Aerosoft). Sometimes a user may be unsure as to what they may have already downloaded (esp multiple sceneries), so could it be shown against a product words to the effect 'you have already installed this product' to alert users?

I'll ask about that but keep in mind you have the option to see that:

Finally! I am really excited to get streamlined installations and updates of my Aerosoft sceneries. Will save me quite some time (and disk space) in the future.

Kind regards, Michael

• Aerosoft
56 minutes ago, pilot20041 said:

Suggestion: have a worldmap to show where add ons airport are located.

Orbx does that in the Discover tab, it's great (and triggered several sales for me).

The suggestion has been done to the developers!

Finally - as a customer of a lot of addons bought from Aerosoft, this is very welcome - I always disliked the individual installers.

I would also love to see a map with all addons on the shop page, and also for the owned addons. Makes it so much easier to discover addons on your area of interest.

Looking forward to see the new tool in action.

Would it be possible to provide the option for simple installer downloads?
While I don't fear Aerosoft going under, I still  prefer to keep a local backup of all my installers. Being able to simply download them in one place, the same place you go for installation, would be nice.

If Aerosoft One wants to start whenever Windows is started, I would appreciate an option to disable this behaviour, so I don't have to disable it manually in the task manager. Thanks!

• Aerosoft
12 hours ago, aurel42 said:

If Aerosoft One wants to start whenever Windows is started, I would appreciate an option to disable this behaviour, so I don't have to disable it manually in the task manager. Thanks!

There is no reason it should start with Windows.

• Aerosoft
13 hours ago, Tyrion said:

Would it be possible to provide the option for simple installer downloads?
While I don't fear Aerosoft going under, I still  prefer to keep a local backup of all my installers. Being able to simply download them in one place, the same place you go for installation, would be nice.

I will check on that.

To be honest normally this kind of thing doesn't really do much for me. However, this weekend my PC died and I ended up having to buy a new one and download everything I have from everywhere, I would have truly killed to have had access to this then!!!

• Aerosoft
1 hour ago, bluemoon51 said:

To be honest normally this kind of thing doesn't really do much for me. However, this weekend my PC died and I ended up having to buy a new one and download everything I have from everywhere, I would have truly killed to have had access to this then!!!

Exactly... you could have spend 5 minutes clicking and gone to bed.

Archived