Aerosoft One, a short introduction (released)

@Mathijs Kok I am really enthousiastic about Aerosoft One! Nicely done! I have migrated all my MSFS add-ons. Some products are not compatible yet (Reggio Calabria and Mykonos). Will they be added in the future? Then I can ditch the old Aerosoft Updater :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
vor 2 Stunden , Er!k sagte:

@Mathijs Kok I am really enthousiastic about Aerosoft One! Nicely done! I have migrated all my MSFS add-ons. Some products are not compatible yet (Reggio Calabria and Mykonos). Will they be added in the future? Then I can ditch the old Aerosoft Updater :)

yeap, more and more products will join AerosoftOne in the next couple of weeks, months, etc.

Based on the contributions above, Aerosoft ONE seems to be out. Maybe I'm getting a bit too old, but I don't see a forum thread with a download link nor an announcement on the AS Storefront or an E-Mail notification.

Is there a way to get it or is it still only available for beta testers?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

15 minutes ago, pmb said:

Based on the contributions above, Aerosoft ONE seems to be out. Maybe I'm getting a bit too old, but I don't see a forum thread with a download link nor an announcement on the AS Storefront or an E-Mail notification.

Is there a way to get it or is it still only available for beta testers?

Thanks and kind regards, Michael

It's only a preview channel if i remember well, so it's in the beta test phase (maybe i'm wrong)

• Root Admin

Hello,

well, we officially released One initially only with the Orbx addons.

That's why there was only one news article in the FS area:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/news/available-now-orbx-products

Via the Landigpage, One can also be used without Orbx addons. On this page you will also find a list of the addons supported by One.

Landingpage

We will gradually add more addons, and new addons (MSFS, XPLane11, P3DV4/V5) will also be supported by One if possible.

Of course, we will announce more changes and news about One.

25 minutes ago, A. Muegge said:

Hello,

well, we officially released One initially only with the Orbx addons.

That's why there was only one news article in the FS area:

https://www.aerosoft.com/en/flight-simulation/news/available-now-orbx-products

Via the Landigpage, One can also be used without Orbx addons. On this page you will also find a list of the addons supported by One.

Landingpage

We will gradually add more addons, and new addons (MSFS, XPLane11, P3DV4/V5) will also be supported by One if possible.

Of course, we will announce more changes and news about One.

Thank you. That's a fine answer.

Kind regards, Michael

Another question, I found Trondheim was updated to v1.0.8.0. But Aerosoft One is still on v1.0.7.0. I thought the whole purpose of Aerosoft One was to make these kind of updates faster available?

• Deputy Sheriffs

Unfortunately AO is not able to handle add-ons which have been installed before through the standard installer. Even if the add-on is "supported" by AO, you have to uninstall it and then install it through AO.

23 minutes ago, mopperle said:

Unfortunately AO is not able to handle add-ons which have been installed before through the standard installer. Even if the add-on is "supported" by AO, you have to uninstall it and then install it through AO.

That's what I just figured. Given I have tons of Aerosoft addons, it will take me some time to re-install them. The good thing is I'll have to do this (hopefully) only once and for all, so be it.

A related question: Will AO work with sceneries shifted to another place after installation and symbolically linked? I have so many addons, the sim would take days to startup,  thus I use the Addon Linker to enable them in groups.

ORBX Central does recognize ORBX (and partner) addons which I shifted into the Addon Linker repository path (of course only when the symbolic links are set active by the Addon Linker). On the other hand, some LVFR sceneries I installed via Contrail do not work this way, i.e., they MUST be installed directly in the Community folder to be recognized.

Kind regards, Michael

• Deputy Sheriffs
4 minutes ago, pmb said:

A related question: Will AO work with sceneries shifted to another place after installation and symbolically linked? I have so many addons, the sim would take days to startup,  thus I use the Addon Linker to enable them in groups.

TBH, no idea, as I avoid tools like AddonLinker like hell for the sake of a stable system. ;)

15 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

What's the reason to use symbolic links over direct community folder installing? I'm not a fan of spreading my install folders to other places then where they "should" be.

You can organize addons in groups. I have groups for several countries and a few special ones (GNS750 or AI addons) which I only want to activate on a per-case base.

Startup time of the simulator is depended on the number of addons in the Community folder. I detected it would rise considerably (10...15 min) only a few weeks after release of MSFS. After shifting the addons to  a separate external folder using the Addon Linker 

https://de.flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

they are back to normal since. This addon linker isn't something exotic, it is widely used in the community.

All this isn't an issue if you only have a hand full of addons, notably smaller ones, of course. 

I might add, I have a VERY stable system, compared to what I read in fora elsewhere.😉

Kind regards, Michael 

Hi - Is there a possibility to save a default location for the Aerosoft One Library?

In my case my simulator runs from my F: drive and thus Aerosoft One keeps defaulting to F:\Aerosoft One Library whilst I actually opt for the custom location D:\FLTSIM_PROGS\Aerosoft One Library\

The reason being that my ORBX library is also under the latter directory.

Is it possible to adjust Aerosoft One Library so that it ONLY asks the default drive the first time only and thereafter selects the custom drive at all times? Just a thought...

Thank you / danke.

Herman

8 hours ago, Er!k said:

Another question, I found Trondheim was updated to v1.0.8.0. But Aerosoft One is still on v1.0.7.0. I thought the whole purpose of Aerosoft One was to make these kind of updates faster available?

FYI There was an update today at Aerosoft One. Very convenient ;)

7 minutes ago, Der Merowinger said:

AO uses symbolic links and addon manager does it too. Is there a way to have the AO library can be read out by addon manager for using it in the manager like other addons too? Michael, did you check this already?

Kai

No, I didn't actually (re-)install my addons via AO. Will do so, perhaps beginning with a few ones to learn how it works.

That would be great, of course, if working this way.

Kind regards, Michael

4 hours ago, pmb said:

You can organize addons in groups. I have groups for several countries and a few special ones (GNS750 or AI addons) which I only want to activate on a per-case base.

Startup time of the simulator is depended on the number of addons in the Community folder. I detected it would rise considerably (10...15 min) only a few weeks after release of MSFS. After shifting the addons to  a separate external folder using the Addon Linker 

https://de.flightsim.to/file/1572/msfs-addons-linker

they are back to normal since. This addon linker isn't something exotic, it is widely used in the community.

All this isn't an issue if you only have a hand full of addons, notably smaller ones, of course. 

I might add, I have a VERY stable system, compared to what I read in fora elsewhere.😉

Kind regards, Michael 

I never use any of those programs and have 276 GB of data in community alone, takes 3 minutes to load into menu and maybe another 3 to load into a airport. I hardly have issues and most of them are due to some add-on/mod that is not compatible anymore after a update. The only thing I do is disable a lot of background processes and remove a load of crap companies install these days that arn't needed to have a working OS.

2 minutes ago, Cygnific said:

I never use any of those programs and have 276 GB of data in community alone, takes 3 minutes to load into menu and maybe another 3 to load into a airport. 

Speechless. I envy you.

Kind regards, Michael

Addon Manager is a wonderful tool, comparible with simstarter for P3D a little bit. A very easy and comfortable way to have only these addons active I like to use at the moment. Very helpful to handle the tons of freeware which are out already and for evaluating purposes IMHO.

Kai

I also use Addon Linker right from its first version and never had any issues with it. MSFS is running rock stable on my system.

Regarding Aerosoft One: After installing my airports and the CRJ, I moved the folders where I wanted them using the "Move to" function in Addon Linker. I even renamed the folders for my convenience. The addons are still recognized as installed by AO.

vor 7 Stunden , Belga sagte:

Regarding Aerosoft One: After installing my airports and the CRJ, I moved the folders where I wanted them using the "Move to" function in Addon Linker. I even renamed the folders for my convenience. The addons are still recognized as installed by AO.

Sounds good. But I'm afraid the updatefunction of of AO won't work anymore after doing that.

Kai

I tried something else for interplay of AO and the Addon Linker. AO provides an option to install into a library different from the /Community folder, individually upon each installation. I uninstalled and reinstalled SimWings EDDH and EDDM choosing the Germany section of my Linker library

L:\MSFS Addons\Germany

as a target. Installation went flawlessly, and upon activation via the Linker both Sceneries seem to work without issues. This would allow activating/deactivating them via the linker and on the other hand I expect updates to go directly into the folder where I installed both.

Now that's clearly a preliminary result. AO actually advises AGAINST installation into different folders than /Community (albeit the option is there). I can indeed imagine there will be addons (notably of the tools class, or planes) which do not work properly this way. On the other hand, normal airports should work.

To summarize: I do NOT suggest trying this if you are not an experienced simmer (me for >30 years now) and PLEASE do not ask Aerosoft for support if it does not work. If you try this, despite, please report your findings in this place. I myself will reinstall my Aerosoft airports this way by and by (while I will leave planes and tools in the /Community folder).

Kind regards, Michael

Archived