Aerosoft One, a short introduction (released)

Hi Mathijs

Probably already answered although I haven't found it yet...

Can I define the install location (outside of P3D)?

Cheers,

Greg

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Deputy Sheriffs

The info in the top two shots may be obvious to some, but not to all, so I think it's smart to have them. Could save a couple of support questions even.

A roll-back function to the previous version would be good to have. Give the complexity of add-ons in general, its more than likely a compatibility issue will be discovered by a user, so having the ability to roll back to the previously installed verision would helpful.

Also display the supported sub-versions of the main sim for each sim add-on. I see the left nav pane shows major sim versions but it could be that specific add-ons are only compatible with a specific sub-version of the main sim moving forward.

• Deputy Sheriffs
1 hour ago, supera380 said:

A roll-back function to the previous version would be good to have. Give the complexity of add-ons in general, its more than likely a compatibility issue will be discovered by a user, so having the ability to roll back to the previously installed verision would helpful.

I think, that might be possible by a local backup function like we have it in navdatapro. 
But I think it wouldn’t be possible to keep several revisions avail on the servers.

9 minutes ago, masterhawk said:

I think, that might be possible by a local backup function like we have it in navdatapro. 
But I think it wouldn’t be possible to keep several revisions avail on the servers.

Hello Bob,

Yes, I wasn't thinking of all versions being stored, but at least you can roll back/undo to what you had prior to the install i.e 1 version previous.

• Aerosoft
11 hours ago, RF pilot said:

When installing an aircraft or updating an aircraft can we have the option of changing the install location?

When installing, yes, when updating no, that is super complex because we need to move file while keeping all links intact.

13 hours ago, Mathijs Kok said:

When installing, yes, when updating no, that is super complex because we need to move file while keeping all links intact.

Thank you. Will we have the option of a full installation rather than an update?

• Aerosoft
8 minutes ago, RF pilot said:

Thank you. Will we have the option of a full installation rather than an update?

If the updater checks all files, why would you want that?
But of course you can de-install and then re-install.

For the Queue function, which enables downloads to be initiated, I am wondering if that function is compatible with some of the commercial Internet downland managers?

I use IDM and that really speeds the process up of downloading some of the larger GB sized files.

Can you comment on how this will work with Queue and if these types of download managers can be used in combination? At least from the current Aerosoft account and the Instant Downloads page, these are just links to the downloads that work well with IDMs.

Thanks.

On 7/19/2021 at 8:04 PM, Tyrion said:

Would it be possible to provide the option for simple installer downloads?
While I don't fear Aerosoft going under, I still  prefer to keep a local backup of all my installers. Being able to simply download them in one place, the same place you go for installation, would be nice.

You'd still need Aerosoft servers to validate your key wouldn't you?

I think I will like that tool a lot. One question tough - with this, could we avoid the "complete re-download of installers" like we now often need for some of your MFS Products? This one annoys me the most with the current Aerosoft Updater and I really hope this will improve with this nice tool :)

• Aerosoft
40 minutes ago, Alexander Wurz said:

I think I will like that tool a lot. One question tough - with this, could we avoid the "complete re-download of installers" like we now often need for some of your MFS Products? This one annoys me the most with the current Aerosoft Updater and I really hope this will improve with this nice tool :)

I don't think, often when the majority of the files changes it just makes more sense to offer a full new download.

• 3 weeks later...

Mathijs, are you still planning on launching Aerosoft One or are the plans shelved due to Aerosoft's participation with the ORBX Direct product?

Cheers,

Herman

Archived