Livery installer not showing installed liveries

With every update of the busses and CRJ the livery installer don't show liveries. The airplanes are in stalled in C:\P3Dv4 Addons\. Is this the right path? Formerly the were in C:\users\...\Documents\Aerosoft. I'd like to know what is wrong?

Regards,

Hans

If an update changes (provided a new) aircraft.cfg file then the entries for the liveries will be missing in that file.  These entries point to the livery files location, so the liveries might still be there, but there is nothing to load them.  We always advise you back up your aircraft.cfg file before applying updates.

Hope this is helpful to you!

Thanks for your quick reply. The latest update for the busses was a complete reinstall. I always have a backup of the liveries I use and also of the aircraft.cfg, so I can put them back. Installing a new livery via packaged liveries is not possible. I get the message: "Folder for the liveries could not be found".

The aircraft are installed in C:\P3Dv4 Addons and the livery installer in C:\users\...\Documents\Aerosoft\. Are the xml files referring to the right aircraft folder? I get the following message while the aircraft are correctly installed as is to be seen in the updater.

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs
On 7/11/2021 at 7:33 PM, krielkip said:

The airplanes are in stalled in C:\P3Dv4 Addons\. Is this the right path? Formerly the were in C:\users\...\Documents\Aerosoft.

How did you move them from the old to the new location? Completely fresh install od did you simply move the files?

I was asked by the Updater to completely uninstall and reinstall the busses with the latest update. The result was that the aircraft were installed in a new folder C:\P3Dv4 Addons. The same goes for the CRJ. At that time I found this rather strange. I do understand that this is not correct? Should I lead the installer to the Documents folder? In P3Dv4 they are shown as usual.

• Deputy Sheriffs

The aircraft/addons can be installed everywhere, except in the sim folder itself.

You can change the install folder in the installer. The prefilled is just the last one used for an aerosoft addon.

Currently I’m not sure where the livery installer is gathering the aircraft install folder from. It could be it read just the add-on.cfg or it has the path stored in a own xml file.

I now do understand it. I changed the folder for installing an Aerosoft airport. After that the aircraft installed in the same folder. I just did reinstall the aircraft in C:\users\...\Documents and now it seems to be okay. Thanks for your help.

Archived