Antarctica

Hello,

I would really like to use your Antarctica4XPlane_Maps_v2 scene, but unfortunately I am unable to place folders and files correctly.

Here is what I do:

After unzipping the Antarctica4XPlane_Maps_v2.zip folder, I have:

1 general file "Antarctica4XPlane_Maps_v2" containing:

1 ° / "Resources

1 "bitmaps" sub-folder

- 1 "Earth Orbit Textures" sub-folder

- 1 "DS_Store" file 1 "map data" sub-folder

- 1 "water" sub-folder

- 1 "DS_Store" file

2 ° / "screens" folder

3 ° /           1 DS_Store file 

1 coverage.png file

1 Maps2xPlane.png file

1 README file

-------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Then I place: Resources -->bitmaps-->Earth Orbit Textures, with the DS_Store file

Resources -->map data-->water, with the DS_Store file

But, I don't know where to put the "screens" folder

I also don't know where to put the DS_Store, coverage.png, and Maps2xPlane.png files.

Thank you in advance for your help.

With many thanks

Jean

vor 30 Minuten, Jean Talon sagte:

But, I don't know where to put the "screens" folder

I also don't know where to put the DS_Store, coverage.png, and Maps2xPlane.png files.

You can ignore these three files: DS_Store is macOS specific and has no meaning in conjunction with the XP scenery package. Coverage is a map showing the coverage of the data and the last mentioned PNG is my logo. You can also ignore the screens folder. It only contains some example images.

You just need, as described in the README.txt, to copy and paste all the folders under "Resources/map data/water" and all the files under "Resources/bitmaps/Earth Orbit Textures" in the corresponding folders in your X-Plane 11 installation directory. Merge existing folders and overwrite existing files. Caution: Backup any original folders and files before you overwrite them!

In any case, please mind that the Antarctica4XPlane_Maps_v2 package contains only map data and so called earth orbit textures to replace XP defaults. To use #Antarctica4XPlane, you'll need the terrain meshes and overlay sceneries: All available scenery packages are listed on my website.

Happy landings!

• 5 weeks later...

Archived