P3D V5, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Honeycomb Configurator 2.1

I just pulled my gaming computer out of the box from the move, and decided this go around i'll use V5 and started with a clean slate.  I did download FSUIPC6, as I was not aware the Honeycomb Config application was available.  I followed the youtube video's instruction, but the first thing I noticed in P3D was that the default key bindings did not clear.  So I went and manually deleted each and every one of them.  I tried all kinds of things, exiting the Honeycomb app and going back in, deleting and rebooting, etc.  I see my bravo is connected because I have warning lights and the gear indicator on the device.

The throttle quadrants do not control the sim, nor does the speed brake lever or flaps.  The ap buttons do function and the switches also do function.

Any thoughts on to why this is acting so strange?

• Aerosoft

Hi and welcome to our forums.

This is actually not strange but by design: the HC configurator only deals with buttons, not with axis as those can be defined fully via P3D alone. Thats why you autopilot section works, but not the axis...you have to define them yourselves directly in P3D.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 3:23 PM, MisterATL1983 said:

I just pulled my gaming computer out of the box from the move, and decided this go around i'll use V5 and started with a clean slate.  I did download FSUIPC6, as I was not aware the Honeycomb Config application was available.  I followed the youtube video's instruction, but the first thing I noticed in P3D was that the default key bindings did not clear.  So I went and manually deleted each and every one of them.  I tried all kinds of things, exiting the Honeycomb app and going back in, deleting and rebooting, etc.  I see my bravo is connected because I have warning lights and the gear indicator on the device.

The throttle quadrants do not control the sim, nor does the speed brake lever or flaps.  The ap buttons do function and the switches also do function.

Any thoughts on to why this is acting so strange?

Where can i find the Updated Version of the HoneyComb Yoke software for p3dV5?

• Aerosoft
On 7/15/2021 at 11:59 AM, BenBaron said:

Hi and welcome to our forums.

This is actually not strange but by design: the HC configurator only deals with buttons, not with axis as those can be defined fully via P3D alone. Thats why you autopilot section works, but not the axis...you have to define them yourselves directly in P3D.

Hi MisterATL1983,

Indeed, as BenBaron said, the axes have to be assigned in the simulator itself.
Axes are usually the easier, less complex part.
Just make sure they are correctly calibrated first, then assign them,
make sure no other device has axes assigned to the same function to avoid conflicts,
and finally make sure the null zone and sensitivity are set according to you needs.

If you have doubts, just start with maximum sensitivity and zero null zone.

Best regards.

Hi, SimWare

Just to clarify me (if possible)

I have P3Dv4 in E drive ( working with P3D4 Honeycomb v2.1 config)  and will install P3Dv5 (+ P3D5 Honeycomb v2.1 config) in another drive (H)

1) since there are Honeycomb downloads for both versions will it create some issues?

1.1) can I install P3D5 Honeycomb config tool anywhere or is it better just to follow default? I'd like to install it in the same drive that will install P3D5 but have no clue if this is possible

2) after installing P3D5 do I need to calibrate axis BEFORE assigning them?

Tks

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo,

Regarding points 1 and 1.1, I will ask BenBaron to answer as he is the mastermind of the configurator.

Regarding point 2, it doesn't matter at all.
Either way will work.
Moreover, I really encourage you recalibrate axes on a regular basis as they tend to drift with time
due to electrica and mechanical reasons.
This doesn't require reassigning the axes aftwards altough it is also advised to check the assignments from time to time.

Best regards. 

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo,

regarding your first points..there should be no issue installing v4 and v5 versions of the Configurator alongside, even on the same harddrive. They are completely independent from each other.

Only thing I'd advise against would be installing into C:\ (or whereever Windows is installed for you) at all, as this potentially causes rights issues. But this is true for any third party software.

Tks, Ben

Would it be a good option to create a Honeycomb Config folder in my H drive, the same drive I have my P3D5 installed? If so is there a recommended name for this folder?

Verified that my P3D4 Honeycomb Config was installed in C:\P3D4 Addons!!! Should I uninstall it and create a E:\P3D4 Addons\Honeycomb? I had trouble configuring Bravo Quadrant axes but since have been using just a 2eng-Jets (after watching a video of how to configure it) won't press any further until needing it. Just now will be working with P3D5 (and learning AGAIN how to use AS_Honeycomb_Config).

From my post you verified that I'm newbie in sim community (but really doing my best to learn)

Tks again.

• Aerosoft

Hi Eduardo,

if your v4 version at C:\ works as expected..then there is no problem, just leave it there (you know the saying: "Never change a running system").

As long as you don't install it into exactly the same folder like the v4 version, you can install your v5 version anywhere you want, so if that is in H:..do it there.

We all started out somewhere as novices and the learning curve in this field can indeed be steep..so no worries.

Archived