ENAT Alta Airport - Controls not or only erratically working

Stiller Has

I have issues with this (and only this) airport.

I did buy the ENAT Alta Airport for MSFS 2020 from the built-in Marketplace via my Steam account.

I am using the latest version (1.0.1.0) and also for MSFS I am using the latest version, i.e. including the update for nordic countries.

No matter which (standard) plane I select, my controls are going crazy, i.e. throttle does't work at all. Has some fixed value, like 7%, but doesn' react to my TM Hotas Warthog. The only control which works reliable is the parking brake button. If I release the parking brake, the plane may (or may not) start to accelerate and move in any direction, without being steerable.

For each other airport (also 3rd party airports, like Alesund) everything works flawless (for each plane). 

Urs

• Deputy Sheriffs

TBH, I have no idea how a scenery can effect the controls of an aircraft.

I also have ENAT, bought directly through Aerosoft, and do not see this issue.

But maybe somebody else got an idea.

I am also puzzled and have no explanation. Let me try to simplify the problem (this might be helpful for the developers):

• TM HOTAS (stick and throttle) is disconnected. Only the logitech keyboard and the logitech mouse are used as control devices.
  • I select the plane "Diamond Aircraft DA 40NG".
  • I compare the starting behaviour between Tromso airport (standard) and Alta airport (Aerosoft).
  • I use only 3 commands:
    parking brake (ctrl + num decimal).
    throttle increase (F3).
    throttle decrease (F2).
  • In the virtual cockpit, I observe: throttle control, load meter and RPM meter

At Tromso airport:

at the very beginning, without my intervention: throttle control is at 0% position. Load meter: 4%, RPM meter: 870

I release the parking brake. The aircraft remains in position. I keep pressing F3, the aircraft accelerates and throttle control goes up to 100% position. Load meter and RPM meter increase accordingly (100%, >2000 RPM)

All fine, as expected.

At Alta airport:

at the very beginning, without my intervention: throttle control is at ca 20% position. Load meter: 18%, RPM meter: 1380

Before releasing the parking brake:

I try to decrease the throttle by pressing F2. Nothing happens. Remains at 18% load.

I try to increase the throttle by pressing F3. Load meter goes a little bit up to 23% (but not more). RPM meter goes up to 1480.

I decrease throttle as much as possible (back to 18%) and release the parking brake:

without any further intervention, the aircraft starts accelerating up to 100% and not in a straight line.

hmmm... not as expected.

I agree with you, I don't understand why a scenery may have any effect on the controls, but nevertheless this is what I observe.

Urs

33 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

I just tried and did not see this. What aircraft are you using?

He states the 'Diamond Aircraft DA 40NG'

• Aerosoft

oops missed that. Just tried with that aircraft and could not recreate it. 

I would like to see if this happens with the unencrypted files as well, so if Urs would be so kind to contact me on mathijs.kok@aerosoft.com we'll get him that one.

• Deputy Sheriffs

AFAIK MSFS allows to control default aircraft with keyboard and mouse. Did you try this with your controller being disconnected?

vor 9 Stunden , mopperle sagte:

AFAIK MSFS allows to control default aircraft with keyboard and mouse. Did you try this with your controller being disconnected?

Yes. As I wrote in my second post in this thread...

Archived