CRJ550/ 700 Main Engine Start Sequence

sac004

Hello, everyone,

I don't know if this topic was already discussed; if so, please disregard:

With version 1.0.5.0, the main engine start light icons extinguish after moving the throttles out of the cut-off detent to idle, which is incorrect. The start light icons on the overhead panel should remain illuminated until approximately 54-58% N2,then extinguish under normal operating conditions.

Thank you,

Mark

On the topic of the start sequence;

- ITT stays low/not moving for quite a bit too long after introducing fuel. It should start rising basically within a second after moving the thrust levers out of cutoff position to idle.

- Starter and ignition should cutout at 50-51%, as it is right now it stays on too long and would trigger the crew to perform an aborted start in real life operations.

I stand corrected; CRJay is right. The CRJ700 series' starter cutout is 50-52%, depending on ambient temperature. I was thinking of the CRJ200 series, where those engines' air turbine starters cut out at 54-58% N2.

Mr. Kok, please make the necessary correction in your database.

Vielen dank,

Mark

Archived