Bug with Strobes not flashing when switch is on

In previous versions, the Strobe effect on the wingtips was working fine. since update 1.0.5.0 strobes dont work. unless nobody else is having the same issue.

see screen and video attached.

I dont own rights to the music. captured using geforce experience istant replay.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to view this video.

@hornet971 Any chance your strobes are binded to some hardware switch or button? On my side the strobes and beacon lights are sometimes affected by the position of the switch on my Honeycomb Yoke, regardless the switch position in the CRJ-VC. 

@Mathijs Kok Speaking of lights...just a short question regarding a small cosmetical thing: Would it be possible to change the flash sequence of the beacon lights in an upcoming update? On the RW CRJ they are flashing alternatively on the bottom and top of the fuselage, like it can be seen in this video: 

On 7/7/2021 at 9:40 AM, Mathijs Kok said:

They work on my systems, is there anybody else who sees this?

Yes - first time I've loaded in a while so I can't say which update caused it (I'm on 1.0.5 though). All other lights work normally, strobes will not switch on. 

I don't have any controller bindings set for lighting; the keyboard binding (default) doesn't work either.

I did a subsequent flight with the same issue. I do have some light mods installed (scenery ones), but have just tried the sim with them disabled and still the strobes don't work.

1 hour ago, Speedbird643 said:

I did a subsequent flight with the same issue. I do have some light mods installed (scenery ones), but have just tried the sim with them disabled and still the strobes don't work.

do you have hardware switches bound to the "sim" and strobe lights....  CRJ uses LVARs but some of the sim stuff can interact and cause issues.

No - only the default keyboard binding; nothing on any other hardware. I've just tried removing the keyboard binding as well as double checking my other hardware bindings; still no strobe lights.

I use the TCA stick and throttle, but again no lights are bound to them.

To the best of my knowledge, no as previously answered.

However I have since moved everything except the CRJ and its default liveries from my community folder just in case I missed any light addons or am having a conflict with something less obvious. Or if possibly an addon livery is the problem. However on loading with a default livery, still no strobe lights despite all other switches in both the CRJ700 and 550.

It isn't a huge issue, and hopefully the 900/1000 release might solve the problem!

Unfortunately not, I loaded the Citation Longitude (unmodded) and then to the CRJ in 'regular' mode with no success; I have since tried in dev mode with a direct swap between aircraft (Cessna Caravan to CRJ) without returning to the world map, this also fails.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived