Issues with displaying gap in throttle configuration in EFB and friction/drag while taxiing in rainy weather conditions

ColoniaLibre

Dear Aerosoft CRJ-Team,

I would like to report two issues with the CRJ550 and CRJ700.

Issue 1:
There is an issue with the display the "CLB/CRZ Gap" and the "Idle/Reverse Gap" in the menu "throttle calibration" in the EFB. If you set a custom value, this value is saved to the configuration file on your HDD and will be display correctly in the EFB when you close and reopen the menu during the flight.
But if you reload the aircraft or start a new flight the calibration menu displays the default values of "500" und "2000". There is a small issue displaying the saved custom values from the configuration file. This is not a big problem, but it confused me a little while adjusting the configuration. 🙂

Issue 2:
I flew in heavy rain and the air resistance/friction/drag and lost of thrust when flying in heavy rain were a little bit too much for my opinion, but that is not the problem.
After landing the friction during taxiing is too high in my opinion. The aircraft does not begin to move until the engine thrust is above ~55% and only stays moving at ~45% of thrust. I think, this is a little bit too much friction/drag while taxiing on a taxiway.
I use the default values from MSFS (modern/realistic flight model/characteristics). The value for "wear and tear" (adding up to 10% parasite drag) in the menu customization is set to "0,00%".

I bought the CRJ from MS Store/MSFS in-game marketplace and tested this behavior at Aerosoft's EDDK and EDLP airports (tested with preset weather rain, storm and live weather in thunderstorms).

It would be nice, if you could check this two issues and fix it, if neccessary.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 8:59 AM, ColoniaLibre said:

I flew in heavy rain and the air resistance/friction/drag and lost of thrust when flying in heavy rain were a little bit too much for my opinion, but that is not the problem.
After landing the friction during taxiing is too high in my opinion. The aircraft does not begin to move until the engine thrust is above ~55% and only stays moving at ~45% of thrust. I think, this is a little bit too much friction/drag while taxiing on a taxiway.

For some reason, MSFS2020 treats a wet taxiway like thick mud.  This is true for all of the aircraft (default, A320nx, CRJ, etc.), and can probably only be fixed by Asobo, unfortunately. 

Archived