Question about prepar3d.cfg file

Ray Proudfoot

Running SimStarterNG v2.2.1 (rev 12) in P3Dv5.2HF1.

I edited prepar3d.cfg to include an entry for the Affinity Mask. Unfortunately I used a space in the title [JOB SCHEDULER] so the AF setting was ignored. This was editing the file directly outside of SimStarterNG.

Later I realised my mistake and used the AF Calculator in SimStarterNG to set an AF of 1365. I now have a correct [JOBSCHEDULER] AF entry in the prepar3d.cfg.

But despite editing prepar3d.cfg to remove [JOB SCHEDULER] entry it returns each time I close SimStarterNG after a flight.

Are there other copies of prepsr3d.cfg that need editing to remove this erroneous entry? If so, where are they?

You've added them manually to the P3D.cfg in your appdata and afterwards Simstarter has asked you if you want to add it to the cfg?

I just can imagine that it probably wrotes the wrong entry to your masters cfg file and now do not recognize it as the wrong Job Sheduler entry -> Simstarter_Root_Folder\data\userprofiles\P3Dv5\cfgSet_simCfg_Master.cfg

Yes, added manually to cfg but SimStarter did not ask me if I wished to add them to the cfg.

I have now edited the master.cfg removing the erroneous entry and the problem is resolved.

• 1 month later...

Archived