Starting Aircraft selection

skylineapa

As I have all my add-on aircraft installed on a second drive I use the add-on.cfg file to make them accessible in the sym.

What I would like to do is to use the Profiles to make certain types of aircraft available - like aircraft only suitable for VFR flying in a VFR profile and so on.

But even if have only VFR type aircraft activated in the add-on.cfg file, all other aircraft still show in the Starting aircraft list, which can be massive if many aircraft and liveries are installed (A filter option would be nice).

And if I select an aircraft which isn't active (as it still shows in the list) and then run the profile, ALL the add-on.cfg file entries (and scenery.cfg file entries) become active and the sym loads everything!

Is there a way to do what I want in regards to aircraft availability?

Cheers, Peter

• 1 month later...
  • Developer

Hi Peter,

if I get you right, there is no way to reduce the choice of available aircraft depending on a SIMstarter Profile.

Its not planned so far. You can disable path of static aircraft libraries or AI aircraft libraries in the program settings - but thats it.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived