Murcia (LEMI) ILS Bug?

GrabacrLeader

Hi everyone,

I’ve noticed that the ILS isn’t on the correct frequency for rwy 23 at Murcia. I flew in twice yesterday; both times the aircraft (PMDG NGXu) didn’t recognise an ILS signal. I have checked the manual and it says that there are two ILS frequencies (one for each runway) and neither match the real-world frequency of 111.75. On top of this, the airport info in the manual says it’s 9 km South of Kiruna city! (Typo?)

I was wondering if the developers added this for ease-of-use (I understand not everyone wants to fly a VOR approach!) as at the real airport, there is only an ILS for rwy 23. Rwy 05 has a VOR approach and that’s it (or you make a visual approach if San Javier Approach is feeling generous!)

Not sure if anyone else has had this issue. Hope someone can help!

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

That depends on the navigation database you are using.

Not sure what navigation database would put a Spanish airport 9km east of a Swedish city?   I note that Kiruna airport has an ILS frequency of 110.300?

However, the airport .bgl file does have the documented frequencies in it however I can't for the life of me find when they were last used or when the ILS was removed on 05 (if it ever had one).   Additionally, I find no results for the ILS idents (IABS and IABA) existing at Murcia?  What navigation database did you use for this?

Is the ILS not tied to the .bgl file as Trevor has alluded to? I'm using the latest AIRAC 2106 etc, I have just updated my Navaids as well using the tool from aero.sors.fr.

Since the airport has only been open for 2 years (and I'm aware of the airport being around some 13 years before that) I'm pretty sure the ILS frequency hasn't changed. This is why I asked if the devs had done this to make it easier for the more casual pilots, which I can fully understand. Just seems unusual to use a different frequency than the real one.

50 minutes ago, Mathijs Kok said:

As far as I know the PMDG uses its own database for that and not information from the BGL (like a simple aircraft without its own navdatabase does).

I'm using Navigraph for my data.  Flew in earlier and got no ILS readout on the frequency used RW and as given in Navigraph.  When I switched to 110.3, I got a readout.

It should be noted that Alicante's ILS frequency for Rwy10 is 110.3 therefore, thanks to the proximity, it conflicts depending on your arrival route and when you tune in.

Couple of screenshots, both in the PMDG 737-600:

Please login to display this image.

The above shows the NAV1 tuned to the correct ILS frequency for RWY23.  No identifier picked up, no DME.  I was also unable to capture the LOC with the button on the MCP.

Please login to display this image.

Second screenshot shows the frequency used in the .bgl file - this time it picks up the ident for the ILS and the DME and I was able to use the LOC button to capture the localiser.

There seems to be a bug with the ILS frequency in the scenery. The real life frequency which is shown in the NGXu cockpit is 111.75 while the scenery uses 110.30.

That's why you don't get any indication if you tune the real life frequency. The FMC in the NGXu will show you the frequency that's in the AIRAC, which corresponds to the real life frequency. However since the airport addon uses a different one you do not get ILS indications like this.
The scenery developers have been informed about this issue and will look into an update. In the meantime, if you have a tool like Airport Design Editor you could update the frequency yourself until an official update is provided.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Attached a temporary solution by myself:
replace
LEMI_ADEP4_ADE.bgl
with
LEMI_ADEP5_ADE.bgl

changed:
corrected VOR freq to 114.85
corrected GS/DME position
corrected GS angle to 3.0
corrected ILS23 freq/ident to 111.75/IMR
removed ILS05
corrected COMM freq TWR 121.325, GND 121.750, APP 130.300

• 2 weeks later...

i just landed into LEMI.

had the same issue.  wrong ils freq.  do you people ever do any quality control ?  or your just happy to sell any old tatt ??

it would take 30 seconds to cross reference a simple ILS freq.   30 seconds,  yet you cant be bothered.  

On 7/6/2021 at 1:48 PM, Emi said:

There seems to be a bug with the ILS frequency in the scenery. The real life frequency which is shown in the NGXu cockpit is 111.75 while the scenery uses 110.30.

That's why you don't get any indication if you tune the real life frequency. The FMC in the NGXu will show you the frequency that's in the AIRAC, which corresponds to the real life frequency. However since the airport addon uses a different one you do not get ILS indications like this.
The scenery developers have been informed about this issue and will look into an update. In the meantime, if you have a tool like Airport Design Editor you could update the frequency yourself until an official update is provided.

yes you didnt check it as normal.  and nether did the developer.  I give up with you lot.

• 4 months later...
On 7/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, masterhawk said:

Attached a temporary solution by myself:
replace
LEMI_ADEP4_ADE.bgl
with
LEMI_ADEP5_ADE.bgl

changed:
corrected VOR freq to 114.85
corrected GS/DME position
corrected GS angle to 3.0
corrected ILS23 freq/ident to 111.75/IMR
removed ILS05
corrected COMM freq TWR 121.325, GND 121.750, APP 130.300

Thanks for sharing your ADE file Bob. Much appreciated!

Archived