Is the ground power cart inverted?

eag_a

1 hour ago, Mathijs Kok said:

We do not interact with any ground vehicles.

It definitely does interact on my setup?

Attached is the ground vehicle I'm talking about, this is on a random default airport (SBBR).

Upon removing the ground power in the EFB, the vehicle comes closer as you can see in the second screenshot.

Please login to display this image.

Please login to display this image.

20 hours ago, eag_a said:

Whenever I remove the ground power in the EFB, I see a car coming closer to the aircraft ?

Are you loading the CRJ in turn around state? In that case, the plane has ground power already connected when the flight starts.

Guess the sim won't allow ground vehicles to already be connected when starting a flight. So they operate in reverse.

(Loading the CRJ in cold and dark means this won't happen.)

35 minutes ago, jimsom said:

Are you loading the CRJ in turn around state? In that case, the plane has ground power already connected when the flight starts.

Guess the sim won't allow ground vehicles to already be connected when starting a flight. So they operate in reverse.

(Loading the CRJ in cold and dark means this won't happen.)

Correct, I'm always loading in turnaround mode!

Correct same here … turnaround state … always ground car connecting when i disconnect 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

The ground power cart works with an event trigger similar to toggle switch. So when the aircraft loads the cart is always in the "disconnected" position regardless of the sim variable for external power itself and connecting/disconnecting the external power through the EFB sends simple toggle signal to the cart moving it from one position to another again regardless of the sim variable itself. So this leads into the unfortunate situation where the ground power cart seems to be inverted to the EFB action when loading in turnaround state, since the the external power sim variable is set to ON while the ground power cart will default to the disconnected position. Unfortunately not much that we can do about this right now.

Basically one workaround to this is that you load the aircraft by default on any other panel state than turnaround and click the ground power cart once on the EFB before setting the aircraft in Turnaround state. This way the ground cart will be synced as you progress along with your flight. It's not pretty but it works.

Archived